Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the searches are done, and now they're following leads. Still treating it like Blaze left home on his own. I hope that they are right.

Me too. I can't believe how many have died today, critically injured and still missing in this floods here in CA

I wonder if Blaze knew William Steinberg or was affected by his death. Steinberg was also a UPenn student who was killed with his family in a Costa Rica plane crash on New Years Eve, 2 days before Blaze went missing:

http://6abc.com/penn-student-family-killed-in-costa-rica-plane-crash/2846909/

I wondered the same thing. Could certainly factor into BB's state of mind if he knew this young man at UPenn (a fellow Jewish student BTW) and learned of his tragic sudden death in the days or hours leading up to his BB's disappearance.

Homicide Investigators Follow Leads

The on-foot search through the Borrego Park and Whiting Ranch area has concluded. According to OCSD Public Information Officer Carrie Braun, there are numerous leads to follow.

Surveillance video, phone records, interviews are all being reviewed now by eight homicide investigators and one sergeant of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, according to Braun. "We are still searching for Blaze as for a missing person," Braun said.

Braun concluded, "We are really hoping to find him alive and return him to his family."

https://patch.com/california/lakefo...tigators-follow-leads-missing-college-student
Thank you, JerseyGirl!!!

Edited to add: This is the first I've read that LE is actively going through all the electronic data, INCLUDING the HUFBB FB page!

I feel for his parents right now. They're probably finding out a lot of unknown details about their son's life. Most likely ones that they did not see before or want to want to see or admit and all in the face of the public, millions and millions of people. He looks like he was a friendly, amazing, and fun kid. Most likely his naivety that got him in the trouble he is in. He most likely met up with the wrong person and was too trusting. Maybe he did it many times before. What if he met up with someone (old high school buddy) and he thought it was a romantic meeting and the person he met didn't think the same way. Got freaked out and accidentally killed him.

hey Debbie--you're absolutely correct. Not playing into whatever speculation has been made, but I was once an overachieving 19 year old with a stressful college experience, and when I think about some of the things that I personally did (or friends I made), I'd be totally embarrassed if they were out in the open. Not suggesting that BB has anything to be embarrassed about, but just the speculation around everything is tough.

All my prayers to him and his family. I hope he is found soon and well.

So the searches are done, and now they're following leads. Still treating it like Blaze left home on his own. I hope that they are right.

But homicide investigators are on the team as well. So they haven't made up their mind it seems.

A couple of locals are commenting on seeing LE activity and a command post vehicle in the area, in the last hour or so. This is on the missing FB page mind you. No official report.

A couple of locals are commenting on seeing LE activity and a command post vehicle in the area, in the last hour or so. This is on the missing FB page mind you. No official report.

The page is no longer available.

Just told m husband to drive by the elementary school on the way to the store. Will report back.

https://patch.com/california/lakefo...tigators-follow-leads-missing-college-student
Homicide detectives on the case, this I didn't know. ��

I just read that on Lake Forest Patch. Feeling sad.

This stood out to me from the article:

"The first step is to corroborate the stories of the witness at the scene," Braun told Patch.

Surveillance video, phone records, interviews are all being reviewed now by eight homicide investigators and one sergeant of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, according to Braun..

Dad just requested donations to a charity in BBs name.

No news though, but I'm very fearful for BB.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314