Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent my son away to college when he was 18 in another state. He lived with his sister and her husband off campus.

We paid his tuition, bought all his books, paid his living expenses. I would make his doctor and dental appointments for him for when he was home on break, and many times I took him to those appointments. Mostly because he was still on our insurance and I had to settle the bills for it. I also wanted to spend time with him when he was home.

When he was home, he lived by our rules. He had to let us know where he was and when he was coming home because we needed to know if we locked the doors or not. We also wanted to know when he wasn't coming home for the same reason. It was a courtesy. He graduated at 23 and up until then, his rules were the same.

Now, when he went to college, it was before everyone had cell phones. But if he would have had one, it would have been on our plan.

Yes he was an adult. But he was also a child in our financial pocket, his life being financed by us so he needed to answer to us until he graduated, and got a job of his own and got off our health & car insurance, IRS status for student loans, etc.

Parents make a financial investment of their own money to send their child to college. They don't want anything going wrong to mess with that investment. So the child is accountable until they are on their own.

I do know that the college saw it a bit different, inasmuch as his grades were sent to him and we only knew what they were if he told us. I called the college once to ask that his grades, like the tuition bill be sent to us and they said no.

This is just some insight for those who keep asking why the parents seem to have control over much of Blaze's life, I.e. His phone and other things.

To be fair, I haven't read anything from MSM that Blaze's phone was broken, just that he had a loaner from a relative that he was using. Nothing to my knowledge has been publically stated as to WHY he was using a different phone.

Now, from this report, it seems his father had access to his personal phone in order to send the foodie article. FWIW

I originally thought that whomever the “driver” was in all this would eventually turn out to be involved in his disappearance. Now I’m not so sure. What if BB comes home from college and parents are aware of some activity that doesn’t jive with their values and squeaky clean image. They confiscate his phone. BB gets an extra phone from a relative and continues to communicate with whomever parents find displeasing. **** gets hairy and BB asks a friend to come pick him up to “get out of there”...they chat for a bit and BB takes off and then decides he’s going to go home and stand up for himself. Fight ensues, daddy perhaps becomes enraged, something bad happens and....as far as the friend knows, BB could still be in the park so he goes looking for him after he is unable to get in touch with him. From the moment he is reported missing, Dad has controlled the narrative. He makes up story that BB went to meet another friend and that is what has been pushed...notice we haven’t seen or heard from the friend/driver...either he’s involved or too scared to tell mainstream media what really happened. But the recent article that the case is now being handled by a homicide investigator is interesting.

Wait....does this seem odd to anyone else? Taking time to make a charity pitch while your son is missing is certainly generous but is this really the right time for this?

If the family is well off financially, which I believe I read that they are, perhaps they're getting offers of financial assistance and since they don't need it, they're directing the money to a charity instead?

If so, this is actually a very respectable thing to do, rather than accepting funds they don't need.

I sent my son away to college when he was 18 in another state. He lived with his sister and her husband off campus.

We paid his tuition, bought all his books, paid his living expenses. I would make his doctor and dental appointments for him for when he was home on break, and many times I took him to those appointments. Mostly because he was still on our insurance and I had to settle the bills for it. I also wanted to spend time with him when he was home.

When he was home, he lived by our rules. He had to let us know where he was and when he was coming home because we needed to know if we locked the doors or not. We also wanted to know when he wasn't coming home for the same reason. It was a courtesy. He graduated at 23 and up until then, his rules were the same.

Now, when he went to college, it was before everyone had cell phones. But if he would have had one, it would have been on our plan.

Yes he was an adult. But he was also a child in our financial pocket, his life being financed by us so he needed to answer to us until he graduated, and got a job of his own and got off our health & car insurance, IRS status for student loans, etc.

Parents make a financial investment of their own money to send their child to college. They don't want anything going wrong to mess with that investment. So the child is accountable until they are on their own.

I do know that the college saw it a bit different, inasmuch as his grades were sent to him and we only knew what they were if he told us. I called the college once to ask that his grades, like the tuition bill be sent to us and they said no.

This is just some insight for those who keep asking why the parents seem to have control over much of Blaze's life, I.e. His phone and other things.

Absolutely agree with everything you said. I don’t know any parents now, or when I was in college myself that didn’t have parents that way. I’m sure there are exceptions. But its more common than not.

The lengthy conversation before Blaze left home, the meeting at night at a park, Blaze "running off", then not answering his phone, friend returning later ... This all smells of relationship drama.

All just my speculation.

Very good point.

Yes, LE should be in his apt. in Pennsylvania before anyone is. Also, as a parent I would not even think of contacting Penn administrators to check on an apt. A apt. manager or a classmate maybe, but not school officials.
(I'm 30-something posts behind, but I just wanted to ask while I'm downstream...) Do we have confirmation he's already moved into his new apartment? Seems the mother mentioned more than just "excited about new apartment," but further details didn't stick with me. I apologize if this has already been broached.

Maybe looking for the phone. I am 99% sure the playground has pretty thick wood chips as ground cover. Not sand. There are some bushes in the area, but a searchable amount and not overly dense.
Probably already noted, but...Wonder if that was the 4 a.m. mission.

I just want want to thank you because this post jarred my memory. I completely forgot to pay the toll from last Friday and I only had 5 days until you know how much it can turn into. Whew
[emoji5] I love it when goodness smiles.

Yes, I believe this transitional dynamic is handled in a thousand different ways across family cultures.

Okay, at what location do you think something went down? Right now, I am leaning towards something happening, but not at the park, somewhere else, and the whole park story as a ruse.

My gut feeling is that something went down in the park bathroom. I admit there's a problem with that scenario, being that no scent was found by the dogs. (or was that no scent was found in Whiting Ranch?) But I have to believe that the authorities would have not spent so much time searching that area if they did not have some kind of proof BB was there (like the GPS tracking on his phone prior to 11:30 pm). Your scenario would work as well, that something happened, but not in the park. I just have to ask, why the massive search in the park?

Is there a trail nearby? There are a few highways here that have trails, sometimes old rail lines that have been converted, that parallel the Interstate.

I am not an expert on the 241 since I don’t live in the immediate area. There are trails at nearby parks I don’t know about adjacent to the 241. There are several photos of the toll roads on their web site: www.thetollroads.com.

Yes since it is a toll road there are definitely cameras. It takes a photo of your license plate if you are not using a transponder.

Then by now LE must be knowing whether it was Blaze walking there that night or not. And since they spent so much resources on searching the large park, I guess it turned out not to be Blaze.

Not just DOT. It is a toll road, there are absolutely very high quality cameras at every single on/off ramp as well as at the toll plazas. Which btw, have been deserted because they no longer accept cash. I’ve always said they’d be a great place to film a horror movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member