Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new to WS but have been following this very puzzling case and have read most all entries. I haven’t yet posted but this popped into my head and ticks a lot of boxes regarding the hidden identity of the driver:

What if the driver, a “friend from high school”, is/was actually a TEACHER there? This would be cause for protecting identity, especially if this person is actually not a suspect, but regardless at this point either way. I don’t think I’ve seen this idea presented yet. Thoughts fellow sleuthers?

parents and police probably already know if he ran away or was abducted ( was he ever in park?)
they know his ongoing medical psychological problems
they know he was looking for hook ups
he left the house with nothing
is he wandering alleys dirty and confused or ambushed and being held prisoner?
everyone will be aware he's missing, picture everywhere
heartbreaking..

The thing is we just keep going in circles. The family is very secretive and they refused any kind of help, so far other than distributing flyers or the drone search. Now that the police and rescue teams closed the search in the wilderness area, they should let volunteers to continue the search. There is always a small detail they could miss, a piece of clothing, possible blood stain on ground, plants wherever. There is a gas station at the other end of the park which has cameras for sure, so they could by now probably see if he left the park on the other side. The information released is so vague that it's impossible to form a reliable theory. It wouldn't be hard releasing information without any names, keeping possible witnesses' privacy, including the driver's. Information like if they have any conformation technological (GPS - phone ping) of his approximate last location. If the driver's phone ping (possible GPS locator) confirms his story, because they said the driver is not a suspect or person of interest. The fact that they are still searching in the areas lets me think that they don't really have too many leads. This where the public could help a lot based on his online activity. If someone would remember talking to him on a site, through a messaging app, a dating app...anything, but literally nothing on this, while they said they are following these kinds of leads too. What if he deleted conversations after they happened? That other person could remember him tho. We'd know in which direction to ask, look into, alert people in the online world if someone can remember talking to him, seeing him or anything. It's been a week now and zero publicly known sign of him. There was another case, a mentally ill 18 yo missing from WA, his parents were so active and engaging with the public on social media. Asking for directions, opinions, even search help and the dude was found yesterday. However, when it comes to Blaze total secrecy. Of course we don't know what LE and the parents might know, but I don't see how the public can help them like this other than accidentally spotting him if he's still alive.

I’m new to WS but have been following this very puzzling case and have read most all entries. I haven’t yet posted but this popped into my head and ticks a lot of boxes regarding the hidden identity of the driver:

What if the driver, a “friend from high school”, is/was actually a TEACHER there? This would be cause for protecting identity, especially if this person is actually not a suspect, but regardless at this point either way. I don’t think I’ve seen this idea presented yet. Thoughts fellow sleuthers?
Hmm... That's an angle I hadn't considered.

I wish we knew who first coined the term "high school buddy." Was it a self-description? Did the mom apply it? Did LE describe the driver in those terms?

I installed Tapatalk...I see it now, thank you for your guidance!

Alright, red area is Blaze’s home, area outlined in black is mostly dirt with lots of heavy equipment occupying it and a few model homes/homes being built.

Someone asked earlier how far the reservoir is from the park/library. It takes approximately 10 minutes to drive. 4 miles give or take.

b6b071e32766e09fa5ab7a5b00c3fb4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes a teacher or mentor from high school. not a teen I mentioned it because he came back at 4am and never told anone until he was found out on snapchat..and his ID is secret, it's probably his writing instructor. He picked the kid up, thery talked, BB got upset and screeched up into the hills... but where is he now?

I recall I first saw the term “buddy” used in the earliest MSM articles about BB’s disappearance, either by the family or through their attorney rep.

Why give your friend your parents address to drive you to a park only to runaway? That doesn't make sense.

I don't think BB ever went to the park or dogs would have picked up his scent. I think it was a ruse by the friend to throw LE off his trail.

Anyway, I Googled and Googled to find out if Borrego Park has surveillance cams but I came up with nothing. I also googled to find out if restrooms are locked after hours, couldn't find that either even on the official park website. Would a guy use a bush or tree if it's closed? If he went in the stalls wouldn't friends DNA be somewhere in the bathroom? I read on Yelp the bathroom is only one small stall. I wonder if LE dusted stall for fingerprints? I don't think they ever mentioned friends car make and model either.

Only thing I could find was since the mountain lion maulings and other lion sightings in Whiting Ranch they installed surveillance cameras on the trails. I do remember when a mountain biker was mauled, killed by lion while repairing his bike chain on one of the trails. Worse part is the lion ate him. I will never forget it because it took a lot of courage for me to go hiking there again.

Like I said before I don't believe he ever was at that park. I think the OCSD should hold a presser to update the public since so many peeps are following the case.

http://ktla.com/2014/02/12/after-mo...ning-issued-at-o-c-site-of-2004-fatal-attack/

I'm terrified of mountain lions although I've gotten more comfortable because I hike so much. I met a guy hiking in Whiting who chastised me for being scared. He said, "I just came walking out alone, in the early morning, from Casper's [a huge park on the edge of the Cleveland National Forest that is close to Whiting]. And you girls are afraid here?"

Whiting is packed most weekends with so many people. And attacks are incredibly rare anywhere on the planet where pumas exist. Think of all the people who hike the OC region and how many fatal attacks there've been historically. Really only this one. It was an anomaly because he bent down and looked like prey.

But I still worry about it. And there's so many sightings in Whiting.

I wouldn't even go to Borrego park at night due to my fear of lions. Heck I'd be scared to take my trash out at night near there. Scary.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUO7SjjSD4I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnAIXvocyek

I wonder if they confirmed he actually is a friend from HS. The parents did not know him prior to Blaze’s disappearance and he didn’t know where Blaze lived which is why Blaze sent him his address.

It’s possible he is lying about how they knew each other. Possibly because he was unaware of how much the parents actually know about Blaze’s life, or....

I recall I first saw the term “buddy” used in the earliest MSM articles about BB’s disappearance, either by the family or through their attorney rep.
Thank you. I think it's important to know from whom/how it originated. Was"high school buddy" used because of the contents of the social media communications the family found? because the family made a visual observation of those person? or because that's what LE released?

I wonder if they confirmed he actually is a friend from HS. The parents did not know him prior to Blaze’s disappearance and he didn’t know where Blaze lived which is why Blaze sent him his address.

It’s possible he is lying about how they knew each other. Possibly because he was unaware of how much the parents actually know about Blaze’s life, or....

Exactly. Was he a "high school buddy" really??

Another thing I noticed in the LATimes article this morning is that his mom referred to him in the past tense. Could be nothing, but it struck me as strange.

Yeah, I think others have cast doubt on the whole "Blaze ran into the wilderness" claim much better than I could.
Wait a minute...Did you just delete a multi-paragraph post on wilderness doubt? Before your "sun" phrase?

Yeah, I did.
Noooo!!!! Lol! I was reading (faux-smack) that and actively appreciating the content! That's why I was confused by the "nothing new under the sun" thing. So I'm NOT crazy! (again) Just denied!! [emoji38] Don't dooooo that!

Another thing I noticed in the LATimes article this morning is that his mom referred to him in the past tense. Could be nothing, but it struck me as strange.

I have to admit I also don't believe he is alive. I can't make up my mind about foul play or self harm though. The driver buddy seems a bit iffy but that could also be due to the minimal info we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679