Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted yet because I wanted to catch up in the posts.

I am absolutely heartsick at this development. Few cases, when resolved, literally cause a heaviness in my heart and makes it feel like a stone in my stomach. Maybe it's because I see so much of myself in Blaze. I remember being a young gay man, my parents sending me off to college, silently hoping and praying I'd be ok, being excited for my new adventure and listening to my endless rambling tales of college life. I remember my mother freaking out the first time she called me on a Sat morning and upon hearing my voice knew I was hungover, I never heard the end of that, about the dangers of drinking and being too trusting and putting myself in harms way. I had so many plans at that age, I was so naive and young but I was ready to take on the world. I was going to make a difference, just like Blaze.

What hurts my heart most of all is knowing that Blaze was in that damn park, so close yet some monster hid him away, hoping in their dark heart that he wouldn't be found. Just knowing he was there, alone, his soul wandering, hoping his body would be found, it's just too damn much.

I wouldn't normally do something like this but I'd like to ask you, my fellow sleuthers, to watch these two videos, listen to them and while doing so, keep Blaze and his family in your hearts. These are two Jewish prayers. The first is called the Mourners Kaddish, said when someone dies. The second is the Mi Shebeirach, a prayer for healing for those who are hurt. Lets pray like Blaze and his family, lets join our hearts with them and with Blaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04PXWfOu2A0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItOafgwEmj8

Here's a thought: could LE being very cagey about the "buddy/driver" because that person could be a witness to the individual responsible? Perhaps the buddy did drive him there and may have witnessed with a physical description of what the third party looked like, and thus, police are protecting the identity for safety and because driver is young? Edited to add: it may make sense as to why we've heard multiple stories as to what happened from alleged driver. LE may be trying to underestimate driver as a witness.
Possibly.

I wish the Bryce Laspisa family would have closure like the Bernstein family as painful as it is at least you can give your son or daughter a proper burial and say goodbye visit them. Not knowing if your child is dead or alive has to be just as painful as knowing your son or daughter has left this earth. Bryce probably met the same fate but never made it home. I hope they someday they get answers and both families find peace in their hearts. [emoji1317][emoji174]

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....und-dead-homicide-suspected/story?id=52262847

ive only heard “surrounding brush”. Is there a specific link to where they say they found him in the pipe? Also, in the YouTube video posted on here I see footprints, but could that have also been from reporters? I did not notice tracks where a car had driven up closer. I’m still very very surprised that crime scene was left that way with the pipe not properly closed up. Very odd. Especially in neighborhoods such as this, with a children’s park close by, a school, and most obvious reasons if this was the crime scene.
I’m interested to hear what has been discovered in autopsy...

bbm No it's all speculation at this point based on SoCalRes' observations.

Saw this and thought it may be relevant, even though it was two years old :

https://420blazeme.tumblr.com/post/131606097934/things-are-super

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
. This is so sad to read. My heart aches for Blaze. Fly high young man, fly high sweet boy.

My daughter is gay and has shared with me things she wrote in high school before she came out. (She is a productive, happy, healthy 30 year old now.). It was hard for her even though she had support from a liberal, open and loving family.

The bit of Blaze's writing that really caught my attention is the line about loosing inhibition to illegal, dangerous, and morally incompetent things. Sounds to me like he was contemplating, or involved in, some very risky behavior, which could be what eventually lead to his murder.

Praying for peace and justice for Blaze.

The word "Blaze" is also used as a term itself, that has to do with marijuana/cannabis, smoking it and other related terms... (i.e.: the phrase "blaze it up" refers to smoking marijuana.)

While I believe, that possibly for him to have a name like 'Blaze' his whole life, and living in California a while, that eventually he might have come to find it sort of an inevitable self-fulfilling prophecy for him to one day be pressured into (or at least, individually, himself want to) experiment with marijuana in some fashion.

But when he ever participated in this, or if it has ever happened at all, for the first time just once, thrice, or even too many times to count, or truly never, we might never really know; unless it's some way directly addressed by family or friends that knew him closest like that.

I’ve also known people with the last name Hash. My high school mascot was the “Blazer”... I’m positive that this poor kid was beyond over the jokes about his name by the time he was in 7th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What parking lot are you referring to?
It appears there is a fence near the drain.

The red line you are showing drops into a small parking lot off the shopping center. It has a path that is fairly steep but is used many times a day. The parking lot is where walkers and bicyclists park to go up the trail. I said at some point that the only other way into that park is via that trail. The parking lot for the park is on the other side of the park.

I am absolutely heartsick at this development. Few cases, when resolved, literally cause a heaviness in my heart and makes it feel like a stone in my stomach. Maybe it's because I see so much of myself in Blaze. I remember being a young gay man, my parents sending me off to college, silently hoping and praying I'd be ok, being excited for my new adventure and listening to my endless rambling tales of college life. I remember my mother freaking out the first time she called me on a Sat morning and upon hearing my voice knew I was hungover, I never heard the end of that, about the dangers of drinking and being too trusting and putting myself in harms way. I had so many plans at that age, I was so naive and young but I was ready to take on the world. I was going to make a difference, just like Blaze.

What hurts my heart most of all is knowing that Blaze was in that damn park, so close yet some monster hid him away, hoping in their dark heart that he wouldn't be found. Just knowing he was there, alone, his soul wandering, hoping his body would be found, it's just too damn much.

I wouldn't normally do something like this but I'd like to ask you, my fellow sleuthers, to watch these two videos, listen to them and while doing so, keep Blaze and his family in your hearts. These are two Jewish prayers. The first is called the Mourners Kaddish, said when someone dies. The second is the Mi Shebeirach, a prayer for healing for those who are hurt. Lets pray like Blaze and his family, lets join our hearts with them and with Blaze.

I will do this, gladly. Thank you for speaking your story, D. Comfort to you.

You have me in tears ... such a beautiful post!

Who's monitoring the news?
What station/website/SM do you suggest?

i don’t have tv. But when I’m trying to catch up on anything local I usually will google orange county register and then search through their site. KTLA is the news channel

Is there any public information about the search warrant? Names of people of interest? I still think speculation about the person involved as being the friend is correct. It sounds so fishy. Perhaps it wasn't a friend at all but someone he met online (Grindr, I think was thrown around). Then, they go to the park - maybe the "person of interest" had always planned on committing murder - that was his MO. I don't buy that a friend would take Blaze to the park and (as he claims) had no idea why -- nor didn't ASK why. Unless of course he was hiding a gay hookup and didn't want to admit that to the authorities in the hopes of protecting Blaze from public scrutiny.

Saddens my heart.

Sending prayers of comfort, love and strength to family members and dear friends.

Rest in Peace, beautiful soul.

The reporter said that it could be that LE knows that Blaze knew his killer & that's the reason for them to say the public is not in danger.

What a beautiful and heartfelt post. Thanks for sharing your similarities. I'm going to watch these prayers and pray. It's such a sad day today.

If the killer did put Blaze in that pipe, he is local and knows that pipe was there. It's on the opposite side of the park from the parking lot/library and the furthest away from homes and businesses. They were familiar with the immediate area. IMO

I don't think this was a pre-planned murder. I still believe this was over a break up or jealousy, or some other kind of relationship drama, with the driver being the person who killed Blaze in an act of anger/jealousy/hurt etc. jm2c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314