Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Do we know for sure Blaze initiated the contact?

I don't think that question has been addressed in this entire unfortunate circumstance, and it's an important point in the sequence of events.

It has been said that BB's Grindr account had been active on January 2. If that is true then I'd be curious if the interaction was with SW, or it's just a coincidence, and BB had other contacts. If SW was on the other end, it might shed light on the dynamics of the evening meeting. Tbh, just the revelation that SW had a Grindr - if he did - is a significant point.

Despite nerves his story stayed consistent when talking to LE, it was widely reported in MSM from OCR's affidavit report, so when do you suppose he had legal advice and help, if he did? Before or after the camping trip, soon after killing and burying BB in a shallow grave by the field, or after he was first tracked down through Snapchat?

“Initially, Barnes said that Woodward was cooperative and answered questions by homicide investigators about Bernstein’s disappearance.

But that questioning broke down and Woodward soon requested an attorney at which point the interview stopped, Barnes said.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-custody-alleged-murder-upenn-student/story?id=52280922

Anyone believe that the belt that was noted in SW's car and mentioned in the affadavit played a role?

They have been experiencing a lot of rain the last week or so along with mudslides...not camping weather!

If he was planning to go on the run, I doubt he would have been camping locally. Additionally, if you're on the run, you don't let the weather stop you, or you look for a place even farther away that has weather you can tolerate. All of that said, I have camped every month of the year all over North America, including Alaska in January. And I was doing it for fun, not because I was on the lam...

Anyone believe that the belt that was noted in SW's car and mentioned in the affadavit played a role?
I don't, because I don't think he'd have left it there. UNLESS he never suspected police would look in his vehicle, but even then, I think he'd have thrown it away before they came back to question him a second time. I think he may have had a different purpose in mind for it. Possibly to try and move the body (but didn't get a chance) and hang him somewhere to make it look like a suicide. Pure speculation.

Yes. There is much talk of them being very close at one point, in early high school years.

I think SW tried to revisit that intimacy, and was rejected/rebuffed.

I do not believe it was a hate crime. I believe it was a crime of passion and borne of rejection. JMO :cow:

:yeahthat:

I don't think that question has been addressed in this entire unfortunate circumstance, and it's an important point in the sequence of events.

It has been said that BB's Grindr account had been active on January 2. If that is true then I'd be curious if the interaction was with SW, or it's just a coincidence, and BB had other contacts. If SW was on the other end, it might shed light on the dynamics of the evening meeting. Tbh, just the revelation that SW had a Grindr - if he did - is a significant point.

I see no coincidence here whatsoever. Please let me know if I have all this correct, and if I don't...please set me straight.

The now arrested suspect went to high school with the Victim; it is assumed they had some level of contact previously, if only peripherally. I will *speculate* that there was some prior personal involvement, although we have nothing to confirm that yet.

MSM reports the suspect was apprehended in a rental car with camping gear, a large empty bin in the back seat, and a black belt on the floor of the front seat of the car.

My question is, how could this *not* be premeditated? Not sure what all was included in the "camping gear", but I know there is typically something to pound stakes in to the ground. Then we have that large bin.

If I were a bettin' gal, I'd say that these two had some prior relationship of some sort, and that the suspect wished to keep that unknown, and silenced Blaze. Alternatively, it could be what we sadly see frequently - "if I can't have you, no one will". Although I tend to speculate it was a silencing. Regardless, the outcome was the same.

Despite the wealth and the good looks, I think this will ultimately be a DP case. This has the earmarks of premeditation based on the little known thus far. I guess we'll see.

I do feel very sad for both families, and am amazed by the dignity Blaze's mom is displaying. I know I could not be so gracious and evolved in my remarks.

All amateur speculation and opinion only.

Okay - I've seen his age as 19, 20, and now 21 - ?? Anyone know his "real" age?

TIA!

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...dy-was-found-this-week-in-a-lake-forest-park/
Samuel Lincoln Woodward, 20,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/person-custody-alleged-murder-upenn-student/story?id=52280922
Samuel Woodward, a high school classmate of Bernstein's and also 19-years-old,

okay - never mind - OC Sheriff's office says he is 20 years old....

Press conference said arraignment was Tuesday - and that would be the 16th. I couldn't find a date of court appearance on the link you gave above.... :dunno:

and per that link - it says:
Tuesday arraignment

Tuesday is the 16th. I don't see the 17th anywhere....

Hope you go to the arraignment Gitana!!

Going to post this - all from the last thread.... now will start reading this one!

http://ws.ocsd.org/Whoisinjail/Search.aspx

If he was planning to go on the run, I doubt he would have been camping locally. Additionally, if you're on the run, you don't let the weather stop you, or you look for a place even farther away that has weather you can tolerate. All of that said, I have camped every month of the year all over North America, including Alaska in January. And I was doing it for fun, not because I was on the lam...

I wouldn't think going on the run would include a rental car either.

Well you didn't just kill someone and change your hair color and style immediately after the person went missing or were being interviewed by LE. You put everything together as a whole.

Is it known for a fact that it was the rental car he was driving that night? Could it have been rented since?

Is it known for a fact that it was the rental car he was driving that night? Could it have been rented since?

Didn't you read the LE Affidavit that was released in all the media a few days ago? Yes it was a rental car.

I don't, because I don't think he'd have left it there. UNLESS he never suspected police would look in his vehicle, but even then, I think he'd have thrown it away before they came back to question him a second time. I think he may have had a different purpose in mind for it. Possibly to try and move the body (but didn't get a chance) and hang him somewhere to make it look like a suicide. Pure speculation.

Re BBM
This is a good theory because wasnt there some alleged statement he made about the victim being "depressed". I dont have a link but read that in a previous post just a little bit ago.

So maybe he was planning on going back to try to hang him to make it look like a suicide using the belt from a tree but realized it was too dangerous to go back and get spotted by someone.

This theory only works if the victim was strangled.

Didn't you read the LE Affidavit that was released in all the media a few days ago? Yes it was a rental car.
Yes I read it thanks. No need for snark. I know it was a rental car that they checked inside. I don't know if it was the same rental car he was driving that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth