Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A crime of passion vs a hate crime can be one in the same. As I posted earlier, Mercedes Willamson's killer was her exboyfriend. It didn't stop him from being convicted of a hate crime when he reacted impulsively after his two year relationship with a transgendered girl was exposed to his fellow gang members. He murdered his ex transgendered lover by luring her for a date, driving her to the woods, then chasing her down as she attempted to flee and beating her to death with a hammer.

If SW was Blaze's lover at some point, it might be even more likely this was a hate crime considering what SW's recent political views were. Possibly a passionate hate crime against someone he blamed for his own proclivities as Josh Vallum did Mercedes Williamson. I think it's a possibility.

The word transgender is an adjective- so you would say someone identifies as transgender, not that they are "transgendered". Not trying to be the grammar police or anything but in lgbtq circles its offensive to call someone transgendered. Better to say "the transgender girl" or "trans female/ trans male".

Sequences, you can answer all of your own questions by reading back through the thread. Links have been posted several times.

<modsnip>

Link to WS TOS...
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

&#8220;-To preserve the integrity of the factual information contained herein, Websleuths does not participate in rumor mongering. When claiming something as a &#8220;fact,&#8221; you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources; for instance, mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement (LE), and admin-verified case insiders.&#8221;

&#8220;Persons presenting themselves as experts or professionals in their field, OR AS CASE INSIDERS, must be verified as such by Websleuths.&#8221;
(capped by me bc I don&#8217;t know how to bold on Tapatalk)

[QUOTE="newz";13864112]It's too bad, there's some interesting stuff over there. Someone posting about him being violent and them being afraid of him.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And his response to that was to say that he would only fight someone if they attacked him.

Regarding the confederate flag, he specifically stated that he holds the opinion, as many in the South do, that the confederate flag represents southern pride and not racism. Granted that may be a minority opinion, but it is just opinion.

The comment about the rainbow flag and fisting I believe was meant as a comparison/analogy to his Confederate flag reference to say that "just as hanging up a gay pride flag doesn't imply that you endorse fisting, having a Confederate flag doesn't mean you're a racist".

To be perfectly clear I am NOT trying to defend SW for what he has done .. we don't even KNOW exactly what happened yet

But I've read page after page of people trying to make a psychoanalysis of the guy based upon his haircut, and taking one or two quotes out of context. People all have a right to their interpretations, but none is definitely "right", it's just an opinion

The way I read it, SW held some conservative views, and was attending a very liberal-minded high school. So just for that and being different, he probably felt quite persecuted, which may have led to his "loner" persona and feeling of being ostracized. Add to this that it seems he may have been a closet homosexual, and there were likely many things tearing at his emotions. After all he was only 16 when he wrote those things, and certainly trying to figure out who he was. To the extent that he was figuring that out, most of his 'friends' were telling him he was wrong. Wouldn't you be a little emotionally unstable under those circumstances?

In any case, pigeonholing him into a box before we KNOW more about him isn't really appropriate. All I ask is that we keep open minds and wait for some more facts.

Yes. Blaze's mother also said several times early on that the family was extremely frustrated that they couldn't get the content of the communications.

There's some discussion here as to how accurately the media has parsed the difference between Snapchat and text/SMS. If Blaze did text Woodward his home address, that would be another easily obtained linkage, even without the content.

I was one of the people trying to get clarification of the Snapchat vs. Text/SMS yesterday.

The news conference following the arrest yesterday made it very clear about ONE message - the message where Blaze gave his address to SW. This particular message was via SnapChat and discovered by the parents. When they became concerned about his whereabouts they accessed his SnapChat account, saw this message and gave this info to OCSD. This is what led OCSD to question SW.

As for other messages, such as the one supposedly sent to BB's friend Lily, no clue if that was SMS (text) or SnapChat. I'm not sure if this has been clarified 100% yet

I have seen it mentioned a few times here that SW was arrested in a rental car with camping equipment and therefore they thought he might be getting ready to run. The only thing I have seen in MSM about the car and camping equipment was police looked in the rental car and noticed some camping equipment but that was days before his arrest. I have searched all the links I could find and have been unable to find anything that says he was arrested in the rental car with camping equipment, if I have missed an article could someone kindly point me in the right direction.

I heard on the news radio that they're waiting on autopsy to rule on the COD, so I am guessing it's probably something like strangulation; as stab wounds would be obvious.

Formerly worked in pathology...even something as clear cut as stab wound or gunshot wound, autopsy literally is performed for COD. You never know in a case - could be eg. heart attack (though not likely in this case). The autopsy is done to clarify exactly what caused death.

Oh no, the part I meant (I even snipped for clarity) was the assertion that BB and SW were in a relationship at some point. I&#8217;ve seen speculation but no confirmed source. If you know someone who can confirm this, it&#8217;d be great. Otherwise I just take it as internet rumor.

The poster identified themselves as a local who had a convesation with two people known to them who also knew the accused and the victim. In other word's this is a first person eyewitness account of something told to them directly.

as they say in real estate location, location, location..

would it help if the OP registered as an "Insider Poster"?
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Agreed. And his response to that was to say that he would only fight someone if they attacked him.

Regarding the confederate flag, he specifically stated that he holds the opinion, as many in the South do, that the confederate flag represents southern pride and not racism. Granted that may be a minority opinion, but it is just opinion.

The comment about the rainbow flag and fisting I believe was meant as a comparison/analogy to his Confederate flag reference to say that "just as hanging up a gay pride flag doesn't imply that you endorse fisting, having a Confederate flag doesn't mean you're a racist".

To be perfectly clear I am NOT trying to defend SW for what he has done .. we don't even KNOW exactly what happened yet

But I've read page after page of people trying to make a psychoanalysis of the guy based upon his haircut, and taking one or two quotes out of context. People all have a right to their interpretations, but none is definitely "right", it's just an opinion

The way I read it, SW held some conservative views, and was attending a very liberal-minded high school. So just for that and being different, he probably felt quite persecuted, which may have led to his "loner" persona and feeling of being ostracized. Add to this that it seems he may have been a closet homosexual, and there were likely many things tearing at his emotions. After all he was only 16 when he wrote those things, and certainly trying to figure out who he was. To the extent that he was figuring that out, most of his 'friends' were telling him he was wrong. Wouldn't you be a little emotionally unstable under those circumstances?

In any case, pigeonholing him into a box before we KNOW more about him isn't really appropriate. All I ask is that we keep open minds and wait for some more facts.

I agree with all of this. Very well said.

I have seen it mentioned a few times here that SW was arrested in a rental car with camping equipment and therefore they thought he might be getting ready to run. The only thing I have seen in MSM about the car and camping equipment was police looked in the rental car and noticed some camping equipment but that was days before his arrest. I have searched all the links I could find and have been unable to find anything that says he was arrested in the rental car with camping equipment, if I have missed an article could someone kindly point me in the right direction.

I think the whole thing about the rental car and camping equipment refers to one of the pre-arrest interviews OCSD had with SW. The details from this interview were made public via OC Register from the affidavit used to get the search warrant which stemmed from observations OCSD made during the interview. One of the observations was camping equipment in the back of the car

I don't know that we know much about the car that SW was in when he was arrested, whether it was still the rental car, and whether or not the camping equipment was inside at that time. Most of what we know about the arrest was a brief piece of video from ABC news

The poster identified themselves as a local who had a convesation with two people known to them who also knew the accused and the victim. In other word's this is a first person eyewitness account of something told to them directly.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters
Rules posted just above your post. The member has to be verified by WS as an insider to post such information.

i believe he was questioned on day two when he was in the rental car. That is when LE observed all of the camping equipment.

He he was arrested, I believe, leaving his house with his mom, at the end of his street.

I beg to differ. Hearing from someone else is hearsay, not the poster's firsthand eyewitness account.

An old song keeps going thru my head...heard it from a friend who...heard it from a friend who...heard it from another...

But yes, the TOS say that if you present something as fact, you need to link an approved link (MSMor LE), or be a verified insider.

I skimmed the article and didn't see any anti-gay remarks? What am I missing?

There's a link within that article - you have to read carefully to find it - to one of SW's social media pages that offers a bit of a glimpse into his personality when he was 16. Search for "ask" within that article in your browser.

If you use that article as a starting point and continue to sleuth, you will accumulate a body of information that starts to paint a picture...none of us can prove or disprove all of the facts from where we each sit, but with open eyes and minds we can gather as much information as possible. Then we use our discerning and open minds to gain understanding.

I did that. He said nothing bad about gays.

He doesn't look like a methhead to me. He weighs 185 & is 6'2." I see acne on his face, but don't see
wounds?
Or maybe some scratches from dealing with poor Blaze. It's difficult for me to distinguish from fresh scratches or scars or acne. (I'm still playing catch-up on these threads.)

I just want to add here, that this statement of his ends with " :P " - a tongue sticking out, possibly implying defiance or sarcasm.

<snip>

<snip>

Yes, this I agree with. I've said before here, our world is so complicated. Majority/minority, "right/wrong", inclusion/exclusion. There are so many ways to be hurt and to hurt others. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member