Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re BBM
This is a good theory because wasnt there some alleged statement he made about the victim being "depressed". I dont have a link but read that in a previous post just a little bit ago.

So maybe he was planning on going back to try to hang him to make it look like a suicide using the belt from a tree but realized it was too dangerous to go back and get spotted by someone.

This theory only works if the victim was strangled.
I think that was his aim when he mentioned BB seemed depressed. That's why I believe the stuff on the backseat of the car wasn't related to the night of the murder, but a plan he was making to get himself out of the situation.

Re BBM
This is a good theory because wasnt there some alleged statement he made about the victim being "depressed". I dont have a link but read that in a previous post just a little bit ago.

So maybe he was planning on going back to try to hang him to make it look like a suicide using the belt from a tree but realized it was too dangerous to go back and get spotted by someone.

I posted this in thread #4, shortly before it closed...
“I wonder if he had thought he would put the body into that bin and move him, that night when he returned at 4am, but underestimated how hard it is to move a body and decided to just leave him there.”

Hadn’t thought about the belt, but it would make sense that he may have thought to stage it as a suicide.

It can also mean v: something that worked at one time, but was changed (usually for the worse) by someone who did not understand that particular thing's usefulness. You used to have something cool, but now your stuff
suxors. Often refers to MMOFPS's or MMORPG's, when the game designers change in-game rules and they screw stuff up.

After reading Sam's old reddit post's a few days ago, I think Sam, like Blaze, had a way with words. In those posts even years ago he displays a highly developed use of irony, especially for a younger teen. Maybe if they were friends this was something they shared even if their views differed. I think Sam may be admitting here he really messed up.

Imbedded in the heavy article is just one link to an example of SW's own words. It is a place to start, if you have not seen both his attitude/world view/leanings, his sarcastic wit, his way with words, and frankly his intelligence. (Disclaimer: I'm using intelligence in the sense of IQ, not that I agree with his judgement or opinions.)

I get a sense from the writing of both young men that there could have definitely been a shared wit and sense of humor that could have resulted in a depth of understand and some/any kind of intimacy between the two. The debates here (and elsewhere) that defensively protest either perceptions of either young man, or any relationship between them, seem to stem from a somewhat naïve idea of "innocence" or "goodness" that is, to me, somewhat simple-minded and even judgemental.

What I am trying to say here is that I can understand finding common ground with someone based on a meeting of minds. Values, beliefs, ethics may not be in alignment, or may change over time (especially rapidly during young-adulthood), but that doesn't erase that connection or at least the history of one. I personally can easily imagine a deep connection of some kind between these two young men, at least in their pasts, based on the writings of both. Furthermore, knowing what we are learning about SW, we can see a drastic hypocrisy in his words, actions, and public persona. Blaze, on the other hand, left a history of voicing (both publicly and more privately) an integrity regarding acceptance, diversity, and respect for individual expression and freedom. What a loss for our world. :tears::maddening:

JMO/MOO

Re BBM

I've always thought strangulation unless it was premeditated. Basically, that area is of low crime, little if any gang activity, just a chill community imo. I wouldn't expect people to be carrying weapons in that area. It's just not a tough crowd.
Now if SW did have a weapon and he used it to kill BB then I would lean towards premeditation. But I've thought strangulation, not premeditated beforehand. Of course, strangulation takes a little time, so at a point it does become premeditation. kwim?

According to:

http://ws.ocsd.org/Whoisinjail/Search.aspx

Samuel Lincoln Woodward was born on 7/28/1997. If this is correct, his current age is 20 years old. This is the age stated at the press conference announcing his arrest and by MSM:

http://abc7.com/suspect-arrested-in-blaze-bernsteins-homicide-investigation/2935615/

???? Wonder which one is correct?

Orange County jail record, full name Samuel Lincoln Woodward, birth date April 27, 1998

https://everipedia.org/wiki/samuel-woodward/

I find I don't really care what he was or why he did it, such a void, the evil he chose to do. Just his DNA matters and evidence to put him away.

Blaze will always be so much more than his brief life which ended so cruelly but shined so bright. Nothing will change that.

https://pennreviewlitmag.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/picking-marbles-from-dirt-by-blaze-bernstein/

Blaze wrote:

"The decision between brief and attaché or serene and halcyon lies only in the moment.
I’ll sit at my desk and suddenly the story will unfurl its feathers to the world and the showdown starts with a pop and a bang: the devil paying a visit to collect her leather moccasins, a coin trick that makes the world come alive, or a year in the life of a freak show with Electra the eel woman and Crystal the girl with clear skin. These stories get frozen in time and space, colored marbles in dirt waiting for me to pick them out and make them whole."

To me, this is unforgettable writing that will always make people feel more whole, more human.

It matters because federal hate crime charges carry a longer sentence.

<modsnip>

The asterisk are populated when a blacklisted URL is posted. There&#8217;s no way around that, it&#8217;s a site wide policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How does a 20 year old get a rental car? I thought one had to be 25 to rent a car.
Did his parents rent it for him?
Is the rental car the same car that was left at the side of the road? Wasn't that registered to a corporation?
I suppose the corporation could be the rental agency.
Is that the car that had the camping gear in it? And the belt?

A high school friend said he never saw Blaze with SW and SW was a loner. I wonder when Blaze called him, if he was thrilled someone recognized him as a friend. How could he know Blaze was gay if this high school friend is right? Maybe Blaze came unto him and he flipped out.

Blaze was openly gay on social media and in his real life. I think SW targeted him for it. I'm not surprised at all SW may be described as a loner. As I said early he seems like a Dylann Roof type. After seeing SW posing in front of the Confederate flag on his Facebook and making thinly veiled anti-gay remarks in the comments, I think we're dealing with a hate crime. The white supremacist/white nationalist fringe hate groups attract a lot of angry, loners.

From everything I've read and seen, of both Blaze and Sam...it reminds me of a classic attraction between the Empath and the Psychopath.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/08/science-good-evil-charlottesville/

Extreme altruists and psychopaths exemplify our best and worst instincts. On one end of the moral spectrum, sacrifice, generosity, and other ennobling traits that we recognize as good; on the other end, selfishness, violence, and destructive impulses that we see as evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how or why the police decided to go to the park the afternoon Blaze's body was discovered? Was it a tip? Did Sam tell them?

Staceydisem (I've deleted your quoted post so as not to repeat unsourced info) If this info isn't in MSM this can't be discussed.

really? that makes him 19 then.

And it makes the social media picture that's being used as a lead in MSM from when he was 14/15 years old (4 years ago). You can verify the age of SW's original 'flag' post using Tin Eye.

There is particularly interesting link in light of the scrubbing going on that is obviously a recently created ask account. In these conversations he identifies himself as being 16. Many of these out of context posts have also been floated on social media and elsewhere. I have seen some of them that may have been removed here.

On the other hand there is literally no other information about SW, bio, cv etc.

It's all feeling a little 'crafted' to me.

Does anyone know how the police decided to go back to the park the afternoon Blaze was discovered? Was it a tip? Did Sam tell them?

That information has not been released to my knowledge.

It was stated by investigators that heavy rains exposed his body and he was found in the park. That's about all we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member