Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 4-Year Search, Missing Placentia Man’s Wife Suspects Foul Play

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...ssing-placentia-mans-wife-suspects-foul-play/

http://news.yahoo.com/video/4-search-missing-placentia-man-064700557.html

“Truthfully, I think he was murdered in that bathroom upstairs. Maybe intentionally…maybe accidentally,” said Harrod.

Bumping the link to the new media. For peeps trying to catch up-PPD says that Bob's case is a suspicious homicide, OC Cold Case team is working with PPD and the possible crime scene is an upstairs bathroom.

There is a statement in the comment section of KCBS LA that is worth reading-it discusses a desire to take a poly. I think that is awesome. It is best to be completely ruled out and not waste any more resources that could be used for finding Mr Harrod.

It is an excellent plan.

I was taken aback when I read that comment. Do you think the police refused to hook up whoever this person is that's offering?

I think it's awesome too. I wonder why this person has waited 4 years to make the offer? I think the police would love to eliminate anyone connected to the case; narrow down the choices.

Fontelle really puts it out there, right? I had to chuckle when she said that. Fearless Fontelle. God bless her :)

Oops! Editted to add: Respectfully bolded by me. So sorry!

Bumping the link to the new media. For peeps trying to catch up-PPD says that Bob's case is a suspicious homicide, OC Cold Case team is working with PPD and the possible crime scene is an upstairs bathroom.

There is a statement in the comment section of KCBS LA that is worth reading-it discusses a desire to take a poly. I think that is awesome. It is best to be completely ruled out and not waste any more resources that could be used for finding Mr Harrod.

It is an excellent plan.

Is there a suspect in this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think LE would LOVE the chance to hook her up. LOL I think everyone in that family should have volunteered to take a poly. See who is left standing.

Fontelle has been fearless in her quest to find out what happened to her beloved husband. If not for her, no one would know that Bob is still missing and has never been recovered.

I wondered about that comment also. I suppose there's no telling if it was actually made by someone who was present at the family meeting or not the evening before Mr. Harrod disappeared. But it made me wonder, if it were someone who had information re: Mr. Harrods case...why would one be online stating they had inside information, but not going directly to PPD, who would then likely tell them to refrain from posting online?

Idk...some small part of me always thinks those sorts of things are done by one person close to a case, who is trying to throw another person to the wolves also.

Oddly, Zahra Bakers case comes to mind again. Maybe because of the online factor. :(

zwiem to have a different opinion than this daughter said:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-214111--.html[/url]

Thank you for reminding of that, zwie. In the afternoon?

That makes me so sad. God, I hope this wasnt a planned disappearance. Has anyone who was at that last meeting (corroborated by Jem and CL) had anything to say regarding a last seen? It's that discrepancy that bothers me the most. There is NO consistancy. No one is on the same page. No one.

He cross references statements with accounts of other potential suspects and witnesses. Boy, will he have his work cut out if he's on Bob's case.

He cross references statements with accounts of other potential suspects and witnesses. Boy, will he have his work cut out if he's on Bob's case.

Yeh, but he's a smart cookie. He'll reveiw the different interviews and statements, seeing what they said when and see the inconsistencies, make his nots, ask his questions and come to his conclusions. He's pretty awesome that way.

I was thinking that, unless everyone turned up for the meeting at exactly the same time, and left at exactly the same time, it wouldn't be possible for all those attending to know everything that was said. Except Bob.

It seems a little unlikely that one daughter would have driven around and picked up all the others, and it would have taken very sharp synchronization to all arrive at the same minute. I suppose they could have met somewhere else, and then driven together to Bob's.

Unless someone recorded the entire conversation, but you'd only do that if you wanted proof of a conversation with someone you didn't trust, not with your own father.

I was thinking that, unless everyone turned up for the meeting at exactly the same time, and left at exactly the same time, it wouldn't be possible for all those attending to know everything that was said. Except Bob.

It seems a little unlikely that one daughter would have driven around and picked up all the others, and it would have taken very sharp synchronization to all arrive at the same minute. I suppose they could have met somewhere else, and then driven together to Bob's.

Unless someone recorded the entire conversation, but you'd only do that if you wanted proof of a conversation with someone you didn't trust, not with your own father.

Yeah-I think any recording of the conversation, which occurred IIRC in Bob's own home, would have been presented long before now. It would certainly have taken the legs out from Mrs Harrod completely consistent long standing statements about her conversations with Mr Harrod while she was away.

Obviously CBS-LA has a huge following. It has to be a challenge to weather this media done in their own backyard-I can imagine the discussions going on behind closed doors in the towns where they live. And I am talking about neighbors, friends, acquaintances, business associates.

I've been checking through all those individual topix things, because I'm still hoping to find a mention of an event held for Bob that I missed. I would really like to find one, for his sake. I did notice on a San Bernardino an ancient news link from 2009 about Bob originally going missing, and there were a few good wishes from worried locals. Even a neighbour of a daughter saying she was praying for the family. So kind. But then there was nothing else until someone made an enquiry in 2010, asking if there was any news about this poor guy.

And there never was any reply or update. What a shame. I could have seen that tiny group being the core of a huge support team to find Bob, if they had been asked for help. Perhaps no-one noticed they were there.

BBM. That's an understatement. I have to believe he is working on Bob's case. I can't imagine them not using the best of the best to solve this case.

I'm not able to access the comments. For some reason clicking on comments, just leads me back to the article. Not sure if it is like that for anyone else?

To go back to sadness about lack of events and vigils for Bob; it must be incredibly difficult for Mrs Harrod. Had she not had her sight problems and been in her home state with all her friends and contacts she had made over the years, and Bob had disappeared there, she would have been able to organize all sorts of things.

But in Placentia, with Bob's children not willing to help her (it appears to me), and Bob not getting the chance to introduce her to all his old friends from Monrovia, and then Mrs Harrod being unable to use a computer....there might also be the factor that possible supporters and helpers could feel awkward if they know the blood family, and get the impression - as I have - that daughters simply do not want events held for their father.

Things seem to have been made pretty difficult for Mrs Harrod indeed, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member