CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I was able to watch "Long Lost Love" today. It was not available in Canada to purchase or other wise watch. While viewing LLL, it felt like I personally knew Bob. I guess it was from reading his case from start to finish. I hope LE make an arrest(s) soon. And, when they do, I don't think it will be a surprise to anyone.

So glad you got to watch the episode. I wish the whole world could see it.

Although...I've no idea if Placentia police could actually ask for help from the OC Sheriff's office. I don't know what the protocol is.

I'd like to think that the grand old lady Sonsee did help out with the search when the (then) 81 year old Bob went missing. It seems so fitting.

A few fires in the hills of Glendora and Azusa Canyon this week.
Has me thinking of Bob.
Those are probable old stomping grounds.

Hearing on petition to establish birth, death, or marriage was held on 8/20 – looks like petition was granted. I replaced name below with initials.

Case Number: 30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-CJC
Title: HARROD – CONSERVATORSHIP

Hearings

08/20/2014
(P) PETITION TO ESTABLISH FACT OF BIRTH, DEATH, OR MARRIAGE

Register of Actions

08/22/2014
MINUTES FINALIZED FOR (P) PETITION TO ESTABLISH FACT OF BIRTH, DEATH, OR MARRIAGE 08/20/2014 01:30:00 PM.

08/22/2014
PETITION (SUBSEQUENT) HAS BEEN GRANTED.

08/20/2014
PETITION (SUBSEQUENT) FILED BY [PSB] IS APPROVED AS SUPPLEMENTED.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2NS/Home.do#top_page
Case # 00291267
Year 2009

I wanna see a line about ESTABLISH FACT OF MARRIAGE (RH and FH)

Figure most of us do....

So it appears Robert Merle Harrod has officially been declared dead.

Rest in peace Mr Harrod. Once you're brought home.

Bob Harrod. Never forgotten, until he is found.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 65
So it appears Robert Merle Harrod has officially been declared dead.

Rest in peace Mr Harrod. Once you're brought home.

Wow! Sure hits hard now that it's 'official'. Will there be a service? Justice for Bob Harrod!

jmo

Now that Bob's money is in Bob's daughters hands, I wonder if they will use any of it to find their father? I won't hold my breath.

As for a service, I think we've seen what kind of service Bob's daughters provided for their father over the last 5 years.

While they may have the piece of paper allowing them access to Bob's hard earned money, the criminal case is far from over.
No telling when things might heat up in that area again.

Somehow, I don't think a service will be held-especially one that Fontelle would be welcome to attend.

Knowing this day would come makes it no easier.... just damn!

Who are the guests currently viewing this thread? Are your initials in the comments?
If not, I certainly do not mean to scare you away. Sign up & join in many topics being discussed.

Oh, it's official.

Last week in Tasmania, we had the conviction, (after a seemingly never ending trial) of a man called Standage for two murders- on in the 90s, and the other nearly ten years ago. I'm sorry, I don't know how to link, but the motive was money-go figure- and the second victim was the best friend of Mr Standage.

JuM is still posting on her community forum. Nothing about her father though. She has been posting about her weigh loss and the earthquake.

Oh. JuM and I have something in common then. I've been tweeting about the earthquake. With find Bob Harrod as my profile. It's a good way of keeping Bob's name out there, I find. Especially when nothing else seems to be happening around his case. I did find myself a little startled to be retweeted and followed by a MC Hammer today though, with over 3 million followers.

Don't tell, but I had to look him up as I wasn't entirely sure if he's an actor or a singer. My musical awareness came to a stop many decades ago. Mr Hammer was a great earthquake news source for a while though.

It would be so nice if Julie or one of Bob's other daughters could provide a little more information about Bob - like his musical tastes, for example. It is so helpful for a missing person's case if people can feel they know the person they are being asked to search for.

It's such a shame no-one seems to have taken up that opportunity.

Oh, it's official.

Last week in Tasmania, we had the conviction, (after a seemingly never ending trial) of a man called Standage for two murders- on in the 90s, and the other nearly ten years ago. I'm sorry, I don't know how to link, but the motive was money-go figure- and the second victim was the best friend of Mr Standage.

I know the two are not to be confused, and I can easily tell the difference between the accents, but did you happen to notice the role of your Kiwi neighbor in breaking news and photos of the California earthquake?

He was just swamped with media requests for photo usage, and said yes to every one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lyalldavenport/tweets

JuM is still posting on her community forum. Nothing about her father though. She has been posting about her weigh loss and the earthquake.

Wow. Your father is officially declared dead and all you can talk about is your figure and an earthquake. The latter makes some sense, but weight loss...ugh. Poor, poor Bob. What did he do to deserve all of this? Nothing! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff