CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. The weather was bad, they were on a winding road, they were young with only a few years of driving experience, at best...my gut says accident. MOO.

Could be, or it could be the perfect way to make a murder look like one...

Ugh. My message was seleted😠😡😡😡

I guess it would be suspicious if the dogs or female was shot or stabbed, so showed injuries inconsistent with a car crash. And then it would mean someone else has been accessing his Facebook account.

All MOO!

Wow. That car has been absolutely crushed. I really was not expecting to see it that badly crushed. Not sure what I was expecting to see.

I'm guessing if the dogs and female were shot or had injuries(stabbing) not consistent with an accident then it would be suspicious. Plus if they were deceased who was accessing his Facebook account?

All MOO!

I think I missed something...his FB has been active? Where can I find info on this? Thanks!

I think I missed something...his FB has been active? Where can I find info on this? Thanks!

His family was saying that he was online on his fb, I believe. Apparently he wasn't answering message and such. Will find the link.

Thanks, ms_x. Hmm, that might change my opinion...I don't like the sound of that at all :/

IIRC, it was only that his fb messenger/chat said "active". His account did not make any posts or answer any messages. There was discussion about this that if his family had his log in info OR if he was logged in on a shared device left at home, then the messenger could show up as active even while no one was looking at it. Also I believe this was reported to the press by Olivia's sister who has never met Brian or his relatives and she heard it from mutual friends. Since the families don't know each other, his family may not have told her family if they had access to his fb to check it. Plus, LE has likely been pinging both their phones-- How would Brian access fb messenger without turning on his phone or another device and being immediately tracked by LE tracing the pings? IMO, the "active" fb messenger is a red herring.

Forensic experts are amazing, something as simple as an unbuckled seatbelt or the gearshift being in park/neutral could be suspicious. Also, a lack of blood or damage on the interior drivers side could lead to questions.

I would love to know what is suspicious. Are those LE's words or the reporters? Not finding his body doesn't set off any alarms with me. I very seriously doubt that he pushed the car over the cliff with his two dogs inside and then waltzed off in the rain on foot. Isn't this area kind of remote? That makes no sense. I don't even know if they could actually say who was driving the car with everything being so mangled. I'm still trying to figure out if they were on their way to the campsite or on their way back. No matter what happened, this was just horrible and I really feel for everyone involved. :(

Is LE saying the circumstances are "suspicious" because they haven't found Fernandez or because they have found evidence indicating this wasn't an accident, but was suicide and/or murder)? If they have found such evidence, what could it be? Would the car show tampering in this condition? Or that only one person was in the car? It just seems so early to say it's "suspicious."

Cipolla said an autopsy of Gonzalez was performed Wednesday but that he could not provide a cause of death pending toxicology results, which could take six to eight weeks, as the body had been exposed to the elements.

and

There is no guardrail in that area — only trees — and the vehicle appeared to go over the side of the highway in a location where there was a gap between trees, Seebart said. The cause of the collision still is under investigation, he said.

While I can imagine a scenario where she is sent over the edge on purpose, I can also imagine a kraken coming out of the sea and grabbing the car off the road. I think it is most likely this is an accident and Brian's remains will be found on shore eventually.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...kage-off-pch-is-missing-north-hollywood-woman

Cause of death= being in a car that plummeted more than 300 feet over a cliff on to rocks below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have thought a lot about suicide. I was even going to do it a few times. I decided I would take my dog (at the time, he died 3 years ago) with me so he wouldn't suffer. He was just so attached to me.

As other's have stated, I am so thankful you are with us today! I'm sorry about your pup. I have no doubt he had a wonderful life, and I'm glad you didn't take him before his time, though! I hope you know that you are never, ever alone. I really meant that :)

I feel really bad for those people who had to go down there and recover Olivia and the dogs. That had to be difficult on their psyche.

I feel really bad for those people who had to go down there and recover Olivia and the dogs. That had to be difficult on their psyche.

Yeah...goes without saying...:/

I can't even begin to imagine. Those poor families. I'm sure Olivia's family/friends will harbor some sort of blame on Brian because he was driving (Correct?). At this point, I think they've got so much sadness, anger, grief, they've got to channel it somewhere. Especially with a potential upcoming breakup, I think it's only natural for her family to have a lot of questions & I hope they get their answers. For both families, I hope they find Brian soon, and I'm hoping it was a tragic accident, with no malicious intent.

IIRC, it was only that his fb messenger/chat said "active". His account did not make any posts or answer any messages. There was discussion about this that if his family had his log in info OR if he was logged in on a shared device left at home, then the messenger could show up as active even while no one was looking at it. Also I believe this was reported to the press by Olivia's sister who has never met Brian or his relatives and she heard it from mutual friends. Since the families don't know each other, his family may not have told her family if they had access to his fb to check it. Plus, LE has likely been pinging both their phones-- How would Brian access fb messenger without turning on his phone or another device and being immediately tracked by LE tracing the pings? IMO, the "active" fb messenger is a red herring.
Someone his age is unlikely to have logged into a shared decide without logging out, IMO. You don't want your family reading your private messages. Still could have happened, though.

Fb messenger shows when you read a message. I'm curious if it really was just that he was active, or if it showed he read it. However in my experience it only shows "active" if you have it set up to stay that way or if you actively reading messages/ON messenger. Usually the latter. When my friends go to sleep, it shows for example "John Doe active 7 hours ago".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If this guy was in that car when it went over that cliff I'm sure his blood would be in there. Even if he got out or fell out.
Jmo

About messenger, staying logged on does not show you as active. For Facebook messenger to show someone as active they need to be just that 'Active' Either having the Messenger app open on a device (phone/tablet) if the device has power save and closes out you won't be active again until you pick it up and put it back on. Or if you are on a computer with Facebook open and active on the tab. (ie I have Facebook open in another tab on my computer now but as I am here on WS and not on FB it won't show me as active, as soon as I click that tab I will be active again)

I spend A LOT of time on messenger and have anxiety, and often check when friends are/were active to know they are ok (I'm that lame)

I think it is a red herring too

I went to Ragged Point and the crash site yesterday and searched for Brian. Day 4, and the sheriff I spoke with said with four divers and the helicopter, there is still no sign of Brian. The area where the car went off is interesting. There is only one spot on the vista where the car could have gone off the edge. It would have rolled 20 ft before ever sloping down towards the edge. There are four tree stumps and two full grown trees at the cliffs edge to stop cars from going over. There was no rain that day and while they found Olivia and two dogs 10 days after the accident, there had been no sight of Brian. Still looking. I have a couple of thoughts after visiting the site and speaking with different people out there. I've been a local here my whole life. There had never been an accident at that spot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes
Back