CA - Brianna Kupfer 24, fatally stabbed @ Hancock Prk store, LA, 14 Jan 2022 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
f66eaf40-GENERIC-WEB-MAIN-46.jpg

The Kupfer was the sole employee inside the store, LAPD believes. Police are unsure if the store employee and the suspect knew each other

Employee stabbed to death inside Hancock Park store, suspect on the run (foxla.com)
''LOS ANGELES - A woman was stabbed to death inside the furniture store where she works at in Hancock Park, police say.

The Los Angeles Police Department responded to a call in the 300 block of North La Brea Avenue around 2 p.m. According to LAPD, the woman – later identified as 24-year-old Brianna Kupfer – was alone inside the store when a man entered the business and attacked her''

''The suspect was described as a Black male wearing a black hoodie, skinny jeans, a N95 mask and a backpack. The suspect was seen on security video causally walking down the back alley of the businesses.''

Employee stabbed to death at Hancock Park furniture store - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Deadly stabbing of woman at Hancock Park furniture store appears to be random attack: LAPD | KTLA
rbbm.
''The woman, identified as Brianna Kupfer, was stabbed to death in broad daylight, around 1:50 p.m. Thursday, inside furniture business Croft House in the 300 block of North La Brea Avenue.''

“Detectives have determined the suspect was not known to the victim and was a random walk in to the store,” LAPD said in an update Friday.''

''Kupfer was as a design consultant for Croft House, according to her LinkedIn profile.

“There was one additional person in there: the suspect. No other witnesses or customers were in the store at the time,” LAPD Detective Herman Frettlohr told members of the media Thursday.

The assailant attacked the young woman with a knife and fled the scene from the back door, according to police.

He was last seen on surveillance video, headed northbound in the alley behind the crime scene.

Police described the suspect as a Black male who is tall and thin. He was last seen wearing a dark hoodie, sunglasses, a white N-95 mask, dark skinny jeans, dark shoes and carrying a dark backpack.

“Based on evidence discovered by detectives, the suspect is believed to be homeless,” LAPD said.

Anyone with information on this shooting should contact LAPD investigators at 213-382-9470.''

Last edited:
Search For Suspect In Hancock Park Fatal Stabbing Still Ongoing – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com)
''Dr. Jennifer Botelho, who owns a chiropractic practice next to the business, told CBS that the suspect also entered her practice just moments before the fatal stabbing, detailing that “He came in and asked a couple of questions: ‘Do you do orthopedics here?’ What kind of care we provide and then he left. So he was just here for a few minutes.”

She offered her condolences for Brianna and her family, “It’s terrifying. It’s horrible. She’s such a young girl. … We feel so horrible for Brianna’s family, and hope we can catch this guy.”

The Kupfer family; Brianna can be seen in the middle, wearing the pink dress. (Photo Credit: Kupfer Family)
''Authorities have deployed additional units in the area in response to the tragedy, but Botelho had already taken her own precautions in lieu of the rising crime rates in the city. In the last year, she’s beefed up on her security, and also added a buzzer to her door, noting that, “We’ve had at least four people or so in the last year who’ve come into the office – by their actions and words were just not right and did not have good intentions.”
rbbm.
Hancock Park neighborhood in shock over murder of 24-year-old furniture store employee - ABC7 Los Angeles

"I saw them walk out and I just see sheer terror. She was screaming like 'Oh my God, oh my God.' At that point, I was trying to make my way over. There was too much traffic. By that time, police came from everywhere. When I walked that way, you could see through the window and when I looked down, I said oh my God, that's the young lady that works at the store."

Based on evidence discovered by detectives, the suspect is believed to be homeless. According to ABC7 analysis of data from LAPD's open data website, about 10% of the nearly 400 homicides in 2021 reported by LAPD had a homeless suspect. That same data shows homicides overall have increased by more than 50% since 2019.''

Random daytime attack by a homeless man who entered the store, killed her, and calmly walked out.

UCLA grad student stabbed to death while working at LA luxury furniture store

A UCLA graduate student was stabbed to death last week in a random daytime attack while working at an upscale furniture store in Los Angeles, police said.

Brianna Kupfer, 24, was working alone inside Croft Furniture on North La Brea Avenue on Thursday about 1:50 p.m. when a man walked in and attacked her with a knife, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

I don't think the murderer looks like a homeless person at all. I would be curious to know why the police say that. RIP, Brianna. May the monster who did this be apprehended so he can't take another precious life.

Los Angeles student working alone in high-end LA furniture store stabbed to death by man believed to be homeless | 7NEWS
1e5e5fab4d94bc0fc8fe0856302356462f41279b.jpg

Credit: Twitter/ Eric Weber
''A temporary memorial out the front of the store bears a note from the Croft House team.
“The entire Croft House team is deeply saddened by the devastating loss of our beloved team member,” they said.''

''Father blames crime on the rise
On Monday (local time) Ms Kupfer’s 60-year-old father Todd Kupfer lashed political leaders over his daughter’s death.

“Crime is truly spiking, and we have a lot of criminals on the streets that shouldn’t be out,” Mr Kupfer told Fox News.''

''Mr Kupfer also paid tribute to his daughter.
“She was a kind soul and always was trying to make herself better and everything around her better, she cared about people,” he said.
“She was the kind of person we need on this Earth, she was strong and vivacious.”

I don't think the murderer looks like a homeless person at all. I would be curious to know why the police say that. RIP, Brianna. May the monster who did this be apprehended so he can't take another precious life.

"Based on evidence discovered by detectives, the suspect is believed to be homeless."

24-year-old employee stabbed to death inside Hancock Park store in 'random' attack

not that it really clears anything up, but I am guessing they have information or physical evidence leading them to believe he’s homeless. Just from watching the CCTV, I wouldn’t automatically think he’s homeless either.

Who Was Brianna Kupfer? UCLA Student Fatally Stabbed by Homeless Man While Working at Croft House in LA (ibtimes.sg)
suspect.jpg

The suspect fleeing the scene after fatally stabbing Kupfer Twitter
woman-killed-croft-house-12.jpg (1024×576) (nypost.com)
woman-killed-croft-house-12.jpg

"There is no known motive at this time," the LAPD wrote in a statement.
"The suspect is described as a male Black, unknown age, tall, thin, wearing a dark hoodie, sunglasses, a white N-95 mask, dark skinny jeans, dark shoes and carrying a dark back pack," the LAPD wrote in a press release.

There are plenty of homeless young men with similar looks (hoodies, backpacks, etc) roaming the streets here in southern California. Plenty.

I had a disturbing experience last May when a man confronted me out of nowhere on the sidewalk and threatened to kill me. I knew immediately there was something wrong with him.
Verbal, explicit threats to shoot me, full of profanity, and then he called me the "N" word over and over. I'm white, he was black. Go figure!
Probably in his 20's. Baseball cap, backpack, dressed in black etc.
I was lucky, he moved on and continued to walk through my very nice neighborhood. 4:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon.

I've seen similar stories from local neighborhood forums. Plenty of deranged individuals roaming around.

Those new photos and that enormous reward should go a long way to flush him out. The death penalty is entirely appropriate here, although in California there are specific "special circumstances" that must apply. Not sure if this qualifies, heinous as this crime is.
Life without parole would be okay by me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back