CA CA- Brooke Roberts, 9, Hesperia, California , 6 October 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thumbnail

Missing
''Missing Person / NamUs #MP72014 Brooke Roberts, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactOctober 6, 2019
Missing FromHesperia, California
Missing Age9 Years
Current Age11 Years
SexFemale
Height 4' 3" (51 Inches)
Weight 50 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactOctober 6, 2019
NamUs Case CreatedJuly 22, 2020
Last Known Location Map
Location Hesperia, California 92345
CountySan Bernardino County
Missing From Tribal LandNo
Primary Residence on Tribal LandNo
Circumstances of Disappearance Brooke Roberts had been living at the Motel 6 on Cataba Road in Hesperia with her parents, Julie Englehart (MP 72013) and John Roberts, for about one month. On October 6, 2019, her mother told a relative she had found a job cleaning used trailers that were for sale and they were moving to an unknown location in Spring Valley Lake, California. No known persons have seen or heard from Julie, John or Brooke since that time.''

Parents..
Julie Danielle Englehart

John Wade Roberts

Last edited:
"moving to Spring Valley Lake"

I'm not familiar with this area. My impression from reading the missing persons information was that they had moved 'away'. It turns out that Spring Valley Lake is only about 10 miles from the motel in Hesperia, and both locations are in the general Victorville area.

I am really worried about this family. Why are they off the grid?

The wording on a missing persons FB page indicated that Julie is John's estranged wife. This has to be verified.

Here are the photos of John Wade Roberts and Julie Danielle Englehart from their Namus profiles linked in post #1

Original

Thumbnail

I, too, hope this family is safe. I wonder what was the last thing John said to anyone regarding where they were going or any plans.

If Brooke is not enrolled in school or a home-schooling program and neither parent's Social Security Number is in use for working or obtaining benefits, that's definitely concerning IMO.

Here are two FB pages for Julie:

Julie Englehart: Log In or Sign Up to View

Julie Hunter Roberts: Log In or Sign Up to View

From these I gleaned the following:
  • Julie has 3 children, 2 of whom are grown.
  • Brooke Addison Roberts was born in March 2010 and weighed 3 lb, 15 oz. John and Julie were listed on the birth announcement.
  • Julie got married in 2010.
  • in March 2019 (last FB post by Julie) she did a FB 'birthday fundraiser' in support of autism, a cause which she said was very near and dear to her. (is Brooke possibly autistic?)
  • The julie hunter roberts FB page indicates that she 'lives in' Ozark AL. Julie grew up in California (Bellflower) (or at least her high school years). The only reference I could see elsewhere to Ozark AL was that John's grandfather lived there until his death. (per John's grandfather's obit in May 2017)

Is it possible that Brooke is autistic?
Could the family have left California and gone to Alabama??

There are more images of both Julie and Brooke on the FB pages. (are we allowed to post them here?)

Last edited:
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any media around this case. A family is missing, including a child. Remember when the Jamison family went missing?
Is it because no extended family member is going to the media?
Aren't law enforcement worried about a missing child? Have they searched to see if she is registered in school anywhere?

Here are two FB pages for Julie:

Julie Englehart: Log In or Sign Up to View

Julie Hunter Roberts: Log In or Sign Up to View

From these I gleaned the following:
  • Julie has 3 children, 2 of whom are grown.
  • Brooke Addison Roberts was born in March 2010 and weighed 3 lb, 15 oz. John and Julie were listed on the birth announcement.
  • Julie got married in 2010.
  • in March 2019 (last FB post by Julie) she did a FB 'birthday fundraiser' in support of autism, a cause which she said was very near and dear to her. (is Brooke possibly autistic?)
  • The julie hunter roberts FB page indicates that she 'lives in' Ozark AL. Julie grew up in California (Bellflower) (or at least her high school years). The only reference I could see elsewhere to Ozark AL was that John's grandfather lived there until his death. (per John's grandfather's obit in May 2017)

Is it possible that Brooke is autistic?
Could the family have left California and gone to Alabama??

There are more images of both Julie and Brooke on the FB pages. (are we allowed to post them here?)

Thanks for seeking clarity:
Links to the images on the personal FB pages and the date of photos can be posted for reference. We don’t allow screenshots.

Update/non-update: The media org replied that they will look into it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not expecting too much. If I don't see any results in the next week, then I'll reach out to other media outlets.

Something was posted in the news today.

Thanks for the heads up. It took a while but at least the reporter followed up on it. Any attention is better than no attention.

It still doesn't sound like LE has looked very hard for the family or tried to get the public to help. Surely they could check school records, etc? Of course this presumes that they even have the resources. But look at the effort placed on other cases when a child is missing. Brooke could be dead or being abused and no one would know.

Here is the link: Hesperia Police searching for family missing since 2019

Sheriff’s officials said the family moved from Hesperia to Ozark, Alabama in 2017, where John grew up. After returning to Hesperia in 2019, the family lived at the Motel 6 on Cataba Road in Hesperia during September and the beginning of October 2019.

I wonder if Brooke ever went to school when the family moved back to California. Perhaps that is why there was no public outcry. Did she have any friends in Hesperia?

Thanks for the heads up. It took a while but at least the reporter followed up on it. Any attention is better than no attention.

It still doesn't sound like LE has looked very hard for the family or tried to get the public to help. Surely they could check school records, etc? Of course this presumes that they even have the resources. But look at the effort placed on other cases when a child is missing. Brooke could be dead or being abused and no one would know.

If they have checked social security for activity, they have checked school records.

Julie is the missing person of the week on Charley Project. I don’t understand why there isn’t more about this missing family?! Something isn’t right here.
Thank you for the link!

Julie-Englehart-543641.jpg

Julie-Englehart-543641_0.jpg

MISSING SINCE:10/06/2019SEX:Female
DOB:01/28/1972RACE:White
HEIGHT:5' 7"EYES:Green
WEIGHT:120 lbs.HAIR:Red
AKA:Julie Danielle Englehart, Julie Danielle Hunter
SCARS/MARKS/TATTOO:Possible ankle tattoo
DENTAL X-RAYS AVAILABLE:No
Julie Englehart's date of last contact was October 6, 2019

Thank you, from links..

Brooke Addison Roberts​

• roberts_brooke.jpg
  • roberts_brooke2.jpg
  • roberts_brooke_ap.jpg
Brooke, circa 2019; Age-progression to age 12 (circa 2022)
  • Missing Since10/06/2019
  • Missing FromHesperia, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth03/22/2010 (12)
  • Age9 years old
  • Height and Weight4'8, 90 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Brooke disappeared with her parents, John Roberts and Julie Englehart. The family moved from Hesperia, California to Ozark, Alabama, where John grew up, in 2017. They returned to Hesperia in 2019 and were living in a Motel 6 on Cataba Road in September and early October of that year.

On October 6, Julie spoke on the phone with a relative and said she had found a job cleaning used trailers for an unspecified business in the High Desert area and that the family was in the process of moving to somewhere near Spring Valley Lake. Julie said she'd call the next day, but she never did. She, her husband and their daughter have not been seen or heard from since.

The family was reported missing in 2021. The circumstances of their disappearances are unclear.''

''John Wade Roberts​

• roberts_john.jpg
  • roberts_john2.jpg
John, circa 2019
  • Missing Since10/06/2019
  • Missing FromHesperia, California
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth12/06/1971 (50)
  • Age47 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Roberts may spell his last name "Riberts". He walks with a limp.

Details of Disappearance​

John disappeared with his wife, Julie Englehart, and their nine-year-old daughter, Brooke Roberts. The family moved from Hesperia, California to Ozark, Alabama, where John grew up, in 2017. They returned to Hesperia in 2019 and were living in a Motel 6 on Cataba Road in September and early October of that year.''

On October 6, Julie spoke on the phone with a relative and said she had found a job cleaning used trailers for an unspecified business in the High Desert area and that the family was in the process of moving to somewhere near Spring Valley Lake. Julie said she'd call the next day, but she never did. She, her husband and their daughter have not been seen or heard from since.

The family was reported missing in 2021. The circumstances of their disappearances are unclear.

Investigating Agency​

• San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department 909-387-3695

Source Information​

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members