CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had to be killed right before being thrown from the roof, to make sure, her body's still warm enough - this would have been way too risky, or at least, that's what I assume. A fight (when the killer intented to throw her from the roof alive) is out of question, as it would have caused too much attention, she could have screamed or owerpowered the killer (maybe not like, but possible though) and ran away.

-> http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/estimating-the-time-of-death.html

Wait, where is all this "thrown off the roof" stuff coming from? If she was thrown off a roof, she would have bruises and markings on her body, and the coroner would have found them when examining her body...But the coroner said there were no markings.

Wait, where is all this "thrown off the roof" stuff coming from? If she was thrown off a roof, she would have bruises and markings on her body, and the coroner would have found them when examining her body...But the coroner said there were no markings.

It was from people discussing why/ who would have chosen the water tank as a way of committing a murder/ disposing of the body. Not because people thought it happened, but as a way of discounting possible alternatives.

By the way, who was looking into the prescription medications she had on her blog? And did you see my response about the Budeprion? I realized I was sightly wrong - they are small, circular, white pills with red lettering, not blue.

I 'm not following Elisa's story as closely as I was a couple of weeks ago.
Help me if you can here.
Was it stated as a fact that she was put into the water tank Mid Feb or is
that a rumor ?

Originally Posted by Theforeigner
Youtube video of Celic Hotel 14th floor.

Videotaped by 2 guys, 1 back guy and one asian guy
They check the water in the hotelroom and comment that the water is brown
They seem pretty aggitaed especially the asian guy who is filming, he seem like he is on speed or somthing,
(I could very well be wrong though concerning the speed thing)

The video was oploaded February 23, 2013, 4 days after Elisa Lam was found dead.

But that date is just the date the video was oploaded on Youtube, so I wonder what day exactly this video was made, and in what exact timeperiod thise two guys stayed at the Cecil Hotel?
The name (or nickname?) of the asian guy, I presume, is linked to the video profile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-DCkM1Ntk

if i remember correctly, this is the one that was taken around july last year and the 14th floor has since been repainted and there's a mirror there. the original is posted on youtube.

In al respect, I doubt what you are saying, especially due to that they in the video comment on that the water in the taps is BROWN!!!

Additionally, the date of when this video, I posted, was oploaded point to that thise two guys were staying at the Cecil Hotel (14th floor) in Feb 2013 (and possibly prior to that)

If you still disagree, could you please post a link to the youtube video you are refereing to that is supposed to be identical, or simelar, to the video I have posted?

Thanks in advance

Theforeigner

The video was oploaded February 23, 2013, 4 days after Elisa Lam was found dead.

But that date is just the date the video was oploaded on Youtube, so I wonder what day exactly this video was made, and in what exact timeperiod thise two guys stayed at the Cecil Hotel?
The name (or nickname?) of the asian guy, I presume, is linked to the video profile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-DCkM1Ntk

There's a comment under the video that says it was from 2012 because they mention Anime Expo 2012...Definitely doesn't show a very nice hotel though!

Even considering her ethnical background, WHY would she kill herself in such a disturbing way? There are plenty ways to kill yourself, drowning has to be one of the worst.

Also, the cistern was 3/4 full at the time her body was discovered, how could she know about the water level's rise and fall?

I've got a very strange gut feeling about this.

Not to mention it's not a guaranteed method of killing yourself. If the tank had been half full, she could have stood in the water. She couldn't have known beforehand if:

• there was access to the roof
  • if there were accessible water tanks
  • if the tank lid were not locked
  • if the water level inside the tanks were high enough to drown herself in

as well as closing the lid after you've jumped in, if the lid was found closed.

I doubt there are numerous peeps ascending and descending fire escapes, day in day out ... so I would think that most activity that takes place on the roof is by those who have easily gained access through the door.

Hotel security would be the most likely to have the authority to go up there at any time and shoo everyone off the roof, close and lock the door. I would think it doesn't get unlocked again until such time as security (or whoever else has the key) decides to unlock it.

MOO

I would imagine the rooftop is vacant more than it's occupied. I'm sure there's a few that sneak up for a smoke, have a beer and watch the sun go down now and then but I doubt it's the local hangout some have made it out to be.

I played with the idea the police lied about her not having any outside trauma, but I really think they have nothing.

I don't know, man. When I explain it to people face-to-face, they can see what I'm seeing, but for some reason when I type it, nobody can see it.

I think you have some things right in your theory. I believe the only time she actually thought she was in danger was at the 2.25 mark, when I agree she was pulled away either by knife or at gun point. I also believe she was talking to someone to the right and the person on the left snuck up on her and grabbed her.

The rest of your theory as to how and why the person grabbed her is speculation, but I believe this is when she was abducted for reasons unknown.

I was talking about inner service hallways leading from each branch. There has to be something connecting this at the top. Surely if you are on the top floor doing maintenance in one area you don't have to go down to the ground floor and walk over to another bank of elevators go up just to get to the maintenace shed on the roof.

On the Evacuation Plan photo, all 3 fire escapes are shown on the one side of the building. The opposite side of the building shows the elevator in the middle. The "You are Here" is at the elevator. If you are facing the elevator:

the arrow directing you to the left says:

Stair 2
Floors
2 - 15
No
Roof
Access

the arrow directing you to the right says:

Stair 1
Floors 1 - 15
Roof
Access

Other than the 3 fire escapes, it seems the only access to the roof is via Stair 1.

Attachments

• Cecil Hotel - evacuation plan.jpg
    Cecil Hotel - evacuation plan.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 20
There's a comment under the video that says it was from 2012 because they mention Anime Expo 2012...Definitely doesn't show a very nice hotel though!

OK I din't catch that, so I guess I stand corrected and that you and the other posted is right, but it´s still kind of odd that they are commenting on the brown water from the tap.

The Evacuation Plan we have is for the 5th floor, but presumably there is one at the elevator on each floor.

Had Elisa heard the loud noise BD referred to, thought possible earthquake/bomb, whatever, and was anxiously popping in and out of the elevator, checking / double-checking the Evacuation Plan, and when the door wouldn't close, she headed for the stairwell with a view to evacuating?

I'm glad to hear others wondering if it is even EL in the video. That girl simply doesn't look like the same person to me. Not her face, her body type, hair, nothing. But especially her face

Don't you think it odd then that none of Elisa's family or many friends have come forward saying that it doesn't look like her in the video? The fact that they haven't and the only people who have, have never met her, I'm inclined to believe that it is her in the video.

Don't you think it odd then that none of Elisa's family or many friends have come forward saying that it doesn't look like her in the video? The fact that they haven't and the only people who have, have never met her, I'm inclined to believe that it is her in the video.
Of course they would and I imagine LAPD had somebody in her family verify it was her before they released the video.

I know PDs have been known to make mistakes but it's not amateur hour and this isn't Mayberry with Barney and Andy, these guys have tons of technology and experience at their disposal and are pretty darn proficient in what they do after investigating about a gazillion missing persons over the years

Also, LE is not presenting the video as "This might be her. Can anyone confirm?"

(In the last 2-3 pages I mention more about how this can not look like Elisa to some but still be Elisa.)

I 'm not following Elisa's story as closely as I was a couple of weeks ago.
Help me if you can here.
Was it stated as a fact that she was put into the water tank Mid Feb or is
that a rumor ?

A totally made up statement. There is nothing to support the "put in the tank Feb 14-16" speculation. I believe it may have come from misinterpreting an article — can't remember which, and nobody who subscribes to this theory can name any either — that said something to the effect of "[Elisa's body] may have been in the tank for two weeks [before her body was found]" in an article that came out in late February.

Considering Elisa was missing nearly three weeks before her body was found and most media outlets described Elisa as having been missing for "two weeks" although she was missing for closer to three weeks (19 days) before being found, I can imagine how a shoddy reading of an article might assume "two weeks = 14 days precisely" rather than "more than 14 days but less than 21 days"

It's one of the more annoying derails in these threads, I'd say.

A totally made up statement. There is nothing to support the "put in the tank Feb 14-16" speculation. I believe it may have come from misinterpreting an article — can't remember which, and nobody who subscribes to this theory can name any either — that said something to the effect of "[Elisa's body] may have been in the tank for two weeks [before her body was found]" in an article that came out in late February.

Considering Elisa was missing nearly three weeks before her body was found and most media outlets described Elisa as having been missing for "two weeks" although she was missing for closer to three weeks (19 days) before being found, I can imagine how a shoddy reading of an article might assume "two weeks = 14 days precisely" rather than "more than 14 days but less than 21 days"

It's one of the more annoying derails in these threads, I'd say.

Thank you SO MUCH ! I figured it was the case since I only heard bits here or there. Its a rather big statement if true. Ok so that leaves all other theories on the table.

In al respect, I doubt what you are saying, especially due to that they in the video comment on that the water in the taps is BROWN!!!

Additionally, the date of when this video, I posted, was oploaded point to that thise two guys were staying at the Cecil Hotel (14th floor) in Feb 2013 (and possibly prior to that)

If you still disagree, could you please post a link to the youtube video you are refereing to that is supposed to be identical, or simelar, to the video I have posted?

Thanks in advance

Theforeigner

Please see this video, this was taken on Feb 26th or 27th.

[ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zXVG4fgvfTk/"]test2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ test[/ame]

This is the post where 2 Chinese guys went to the hotel and took pictures
http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-98.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB%E8%B0%83%E6%9F%A5]

This is the video you posted that originated from youtube. It was posted in July last year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkukLsXdE0"]Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann