Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
Christina Ann Battin – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Christina Ann Battin
  • christina_ann_battin_1.jpg
  • battin_christina_ap.jpg
Christina, circa 2003; Age-progression to age 29 (circa 2017)

• Missing Since06/08/2003
  • Missing FromThousand Palms, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/27/1988 (30)
  • Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4 - 5'6, 100 - 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Christina may have dyed her hair red or brown. Her nickname is Chris and some agencies give her name as "Christine."
Details of Disappearance
Christina disappeared from her home in Thousand Palms, California on June 8, 2003. She was reportedly witness to a crime before her disappearance, and she vanished before police could question her. Although Christina may have left of her own accord, there are rumors that she met with foul play. Few details are available in her case.

Some more information:

Christina was last seen leaving the Red Roof Inn on June 8 (9?) with a young man. He is described as being approximately 22 years old with a tattoo on his left arm, driving a late-model blue Ford Explorer.

She is/was being sought for questioning as a potential witness in a child molestation case. 56-year-old Douglas J. Marino was arrested July 9 (so about a month after she disappeared) for allegedly molesting a 7-year-old. LE was looking to interview Christina in hopes that they could also charge him with molesting an 8-year-old child.

I don’t know the outcome of the case against Marino. There doesn’t seem to be a Douglas Marino on the sex offender registry, so I’m thinking the charges were dropped?

It doesn’t say what kind of relationship Christina and Douglas had, or what information she may have had about the molestation charges.

Link to some articles: Imgur

According to this file Christine Ann Battin

Christine was last seen on June 8, 2003, in Hemet. That is about an hour drive from Thousand Palms...so what are the facts in this story?

Other files say Christina disappeared from her home in Thousand Palms, California on June 8, 2003. Last seen the next day at the Red Roof Inn.
The Red Roof Inn was a hotel in Thousand Palms. I believe it's closed now.

Christine-Battin-75906_3.jpg

On familysearch and ancestry her birth certificate her name is spelled Cristine.

As far as I can tell her mother never lived in Thousand Palms, so was she living with her dad?

How can 14 year old girl be gone just like that and there is so little information. And what there is may not even be accurate.

I also found what I think is the marriage of her parents. They married on 2 July, 1988, so just before C(h)ristine was born. https://www.ancestry.com/search/?name=C+M_S

Last edited:
Some more information:

Christina was last seen leaving the Red Roof Inn on June 8 (9?) with a young man. He is described as being approximately 22 years old with a tattoo on his left arm, driving a late-model blue Ford Explorer.

She is/was being sought for questioning as a potential witness in a child molestation case. 56-year-old Douglas J. Marino was arrested July 9 (so about a month after she disappeared) for allegedly molesting a 7-year-old. LE was looking to interview Christina in hopes that they could also charge him with molesting an 8-year-old child.

I don’t know the outcome of the case against Marino. There doesn’t seem to be a Douglas Marino on the sex offender registry, so I’m thinking the charges were dropped?

It doesn’t say what kind of relationship Christina and Douglas had, or what information she may have had about the molestation charges.

Link to some articles: Imgur

I’m wondering after Christina disappeared if other witnesses were to afraid to testify?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismith93
Back