GUILTY CA - Cynthia Hernandez, 18, Glendora, 26 Aug 1976

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking they had left it up because they only had her ribs and skull. but idk.

should this be in "found deceased"?

I thought that was the reason as well. I guess they don't believe that they will recover anything else. :(

Cynthia Hernandez was laid to rest this past Friday.

Photos: Family Buries 1976 Murder Victim in Glendora-DNA solves cold case

Forty years after she was kidnapped and killed, Cynthia Hernandez came home to Glendora. Her family internment cremated remains at Oakdale Memorial Park in Glendora Friday, December 2, 2016. Convicted Larry James Allred pleaded guilty and was sentenced to killing Hernandez 40 years ago. The Glendora teen went to a Covina theater to catch a showing of the Omen on Aug. 26, 1976 but never came home. The case was only solved when DNA from a Jane Doe found years ago matched DNA from Hernandez's mother and younger sister.

After 40 Years, Funeral Finally Set for Slain Woman

Gloria Densham has been waiting for more than 40 years but she finally gets to pay tribute to her daughter on Friday in a somber funeral at Oakdale Memorial Park in Glendora.

The remains were released to the family and now Densham is planning to inter them in a cremation wall so "the sunrise will be at her head and the sunset at her back."

Densham cries to this day when talking about her daughter, a powder puff football player and aspiring cosmetician, whose life was cut way too short.

"I'm sad," said Densham, fighting to keep her composure. "I'd like to have seen what she would've done with her life."

Glendora police detectives Matt Fenner and Marty Amaro, now retired, plan on attending the funeral. Fenner said it will be a tough day, but he hopes it will bring closure for Densham.

"Most of all she wanted to have a Christian burial for her daughter," Fenner said.

11-30-16-Hernandez.jpg

This, like so many, is such a sad case. But, I'm glad Cynthia's mother lived to see the resolution of her daughter's case.

rbbm.
http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20170728/san-bernardino-glendora-cold-case-to-be-featured-on-investigation-discovery

attachment.php

Cynthia May Hernandez

The 1976 murder of 18-year-old Cynthia May Hernandez, a Glendora woman who was found decades later buried in the San Bernardino Mountains, and the case against her killer will be featured Sunday evening on the Investigation Discovery channel.

The case will be featured on “On the Case with Paula Zahn” at 10 p.m. Sunday on Investigation Discovery, according to the news release.

The show will highlight the efforts of the Glendora Police Department, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office to investigate the case that eventually led to Allred’s conviction.

“On the Case with Paula Zahn”• 10 p.m. Sunday

• Investigation Discovery channel

Attachments

• AR-170729440.jpg
    AR-170729440.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 20

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics