GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Missing Hanford Woman's Van Found in Fresno

Debbie Hawk of Hanford disappeared sometime between Monday and Tuesday evening. Her home in Hanford had been ransacked and her van was gone. Now, that van has been found in a residential neighborhood in southwest Fresno on Byrd Avenue near Highway 41 and Jensen.

Hanford Police fear the worst. "Sometimes people just leave because they want to get away because of pressures of life and what have you, but this is not typical. This is a very stable family, stable lady, good job, good family," said Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas.

Debbie Hawk is 5' 1" tall, 128 pounds with red hair and blue eyes. [Photo at link]

I think what disturbs me the most besides just this woman being missing is that one of the neighbors near where the van was located reported they had heard screaming...I wonder if they even reported it.

I remember in high school my mom, sister and I were walking around in a beach community where we were vacationing and we heard screams that we thought were kids horsing around but we still reported it. The following day we heard somebody had been assaulted-but our report had gone nowhere when we followed up :(

If I called police to report screaming I know I might sound like a busybody but if I am even the slightest suspicious I would rather report it and find out it is nothing instead of reporting something after the fact. I hope this person reported it.

I wonder if her husband is considered a "person of interest?" From what I understood her attorney was shot just before the divorce so that must mean that her divorce is final now. Maybe the ex-husband didn't get what he wanted in court so he decided to take care of it himself.

Her poor kids walking into that mess and finding blood but no mom. It probably scared them to death. Blood in her van doesn't sound good either. Sounds like LE is maybe getting some evidence from the van. I sure hope whoever took this woman left some DNA behind.

Search Continues for Missing Hanford Woman

June 16, 2006 - The search has intensified for a missing Hanford mother. Hanford police say they are considering Debbie Hawk's ex-husband a person of interest in her disappearance, but they say that is far from being a suspect.

Debbie Hawk disappeared from her Hanford home sometime between Monday and Tuesday evening. Fresno police are also interested in her husband, Dave Hawk, but for another case.

Fresno sources tell Action News that Debbie Hawk's ex-husband is a person of interest in the attack on Fresno lawyer Kim Aguirre.

//
Aguirre represented Debbie Hawk in a messy divorce settlement with her husband in 2000.

Two weeks ago, Aguirre was shot outside his Fresno office, just one day before the couple were scheduled for a custody hearing.

Hawk went missing earlier this week when her three children came home and discovered blood inside her Hanford house. On Thursday, police found more blood in Hawk's minivan. It was abandoned in southwest Fresno.

Divorce records show Debbie Hawk had an on-again, off-again boyfriend. In one instance, Dave Hawk complained to the court his children were afraid to be alone in the house with that boyfriend and that he gave his children "the creeps."

[And this is the stable lady from the stable home, etc.??]

Family clings to hope.

Family members said Thursday they are trying to stay hopeful that the 46-year-old divorced mother of three children will return safely to her north Hanford home.

But they said the amount of time that continues to pass since her disappearance unnerves them.

"I hope to God she's still alive," said Hawk's sister, who declined to give her name.

Hawk worked as a saleswoman for a pharmaceutical company, according to Hanford police Capt. David Scott. Neighbor Donald Griggs said her job involved visiting local doctors' offices with samples.

Scott said police are looking into whether her disappearance could be related to her job. He said Hawk's ex-husband is not a suspect.

Police officers who searched Hawk's home found it ransacked, Scott said. He said some blood also was found in the house, leading them to believe that it wasn't a situation where she simply left and didn't tell anyone where she was going.

There were no signs of forced entry into the home, said Scott.

FresnoBee.com: South Valley

... Aguirre did say there were some strange coincidences between his shooting and Hawk's case.

Aguirre said he was scheduled to be in court with Debbie Hawk the day after he was shot on a motion she filed to modify the child custody agreement Hawk has with her ex-husband, Dave ...

Debbie Hawk was seeking more time with the children; she shares joint custody with her ex-husband. Aguirre said Hawk also wanted to address issues concerning child support.

After Aguirre was shot, a hearing on Hawk's motion was rescheduled for July...

Very curious. I thought I read in one article that she was on the phone with a friend around 10 Tuesday night ??- so why hadn't she picked up the kids before then?

And some articles say the ex is a suspect, other's don't. Seems to me if her laywer is shot and then she disappears, well... you know, 2 + 2 = 4.

the ex-husband did it. they always do.

doesn't mean that he couldn't have had someone else do the job-ESPECIALLY since he KNEW the children were his alibi. And since I don't believe in coincidences-and her attorney was shot the day before a scheduled custody hearing-I think LE would be very foolish to discount him as a suspect at this point!

Police Continue Search for Missing Hanford Woman

Dave Hawk's family is standing by their son. In a statement to Action News, his mother says, "It's not as bad as it looks. They've painted him pretty bad." Lois Hawk, who lives next door to her son in Lemoore, says Dave Hawk is doing okay. She says he's not happy with the speculation against him, but he's cooperating with police.

She says Debbie's three children are now staying with him full time and he's hoping that she turns up alive.

When asked if his relationship with Debbie was ever hostile, Lois Hawk replied, "Heavens no. They were divorced. He lived his life and she lived hers."

ABC30.com: Police Reveal Details in Missing Woman Investigation

... Police ... are now saying her career may have played a part in her dissapearance.

"Part of the investigation focuses on the fact that she was a pharmaceutical rep. We've looked into any motive as to theft of pharmaceuticals supplies," said Smith.

But questions still surround Hawk's ex-husband. Police say Dave Hawk is a person of interest in her dissaperance.

Sources confirm to Action News that he is a person of interest in the shooting of Debbie's divorce attorney two weeks ago.

On Friday, Hanford police confirmed they are looking into several rumors about the couple, including one that says Debbie Hawk was fearful of her ex-husband...

Police say on Friday, a member of the Carole Sund Carrington Foundation increase the $10,000 reward currently in place to find Debbie Hawk.

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Hanford woman remains missing

... Hanford Police Chief Carlos Mestas said Wednesday the FBI is now assisting officers in investigating Hawk's disappearance, although he declined to say exactly what role the agency is playing.

Lt. Darrell Smith said the department has 10 investigators assigned to the case, drawing on assistance from the Kings County Sheriff's Department and investigators from the Kings County District Attorney's Office...

ABC30.com: Running Against Time in Search for Missing Woman

... Hughes believes with blood found in Hawk's house and van, it won't be long before investigators find what they're looking for.

Hanford police say the Department of Justice in Fresno should have test results from evidence collected from Hawk's home and van by Thursday, (yesterday?).

In the meantime, family friends tell Action News that Hawk's family is now thinking about hiring a psychic to find out what happened to her. They say at this point, it may give them some peace of mind.

ABC30.com: Waiting for Test Results in Missing Woman Case

... Hanford police are testing everything from fingerprints to fibers found in Debbie Hawk's home and car. They are expecting those test results any day now.

They believe whatever they find will give them a good idea of who Hawk was with the night she disappeared...

... Hawk was last seen Monday and family members spoke to her as late as 10:15pm that night...

"... her ex-husband was spoken to and he's been very cooperative," said Smith.

Family friends ... acknowledge that Hawk and her ex-husband did have a very tumultuous relationship.

They say they are all praying that he did not have anything to do with her disappearance.

Marie said:
Search Continues for Missing Hanford Woman

June 16, 2006 - The search has intensified for a missing Hanford mother. Hanford police say they are considering Debbie Hawk's ex-husband a person of interest in her disappearance, but they say that is far from being a suspect.

Debbie Hawk disappeared from her Hanford home sometime between Monday and Tuesday evening. Fresno police are also interested in her husband, Dave Hawk, but for another case.

Fresno sources tell Action News that Debbie Hawk's ex-husband is a person of interest in the attack on Fresno lawyer Kim Aguirre.

//
Aguirre represented Debbie Hawk in a messy divorce settlement with her husband in 2000.

Two weeks ago, Aguirre was shot outside his Fresno office, just one day before the couple were scheduled for a custody hearing.

Hawk went missing earlier this week when her three children came home and discovered blood inside her Hanford house. On Thursday, police found more blood in Hawk's minivan. It was abandoned in southwest Fresno.

Divorce records show Debbie Hawk had an on-again, off-again boyfriend. In one instance, Dave Hawk complained to the court his children were afraid to be alone in the house with that boyfriend and that he gave his children "the creeps."

[And this is the stable lady from the stable home, etc.??]

Why can't they pinpoint when she disappeared? She has kids that would know if she was home on Monday and Monday night and wouldn't they have seen her on Tues morn before school or were they with their dad? If they were with the dad Monday night wouldn't they know if he left them alone for awhile? Strange they LE can't pinpoint when she went missing.

Bobbisangel said:
Why can't they pinpoint when she disappeared? She has kids that would know if she was home on Monday and Monday night and wouldn't they have seen her on Tues morn before school or were they with their dad? If they were with the dad Monday night wouldn't they know if he left them alone for awhile? Strange they LE can't pinpoint when she went missing.
Many schools here got out the second week of June (on the 8th). If her kids went to one that got out and they were staying with their dad then they wouldn't know exactly when she went missing.

There are a lot of canals between the home in Hanford and where her van was found in south Fresno. The water has been running very swiftly this year due to all the rain and then the snow runoff we have.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes
Back