CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, I see. I wasnt sure if it was through the police database or through one of the websites. I was thinking of Erica Ruff I think.

Either way, the way their privacy works, I dont think there would ever be a chance to use 23 and me or ancestry for a DNA match.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Yeah, unless the laws are changed where these private companies will.be allowed to check for a specific DNA with a warrant from the feds or any police source......I think this will happen one day, technology will always be a double edged sword, & will be used against the public whether we like it or not.

ah, I see. I wasnt sure if it was through the police database or through one of the websites. I was thinking of Erica Ruff I think.

Either way, the way their privacy works, I dont think there would ever be a chance to use 23 and me or ancestry for a DNA match.

I don't understand though, I am in 23 and me and nobody can access my contact info unless I allow it Could they not submit his DNA and see if it matches anyone who has given permission to be contacted?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I don't understand though, I am in 23 and me and nobody can access my contact info unless I allow it Could they not submit his DNA and see if it matches anyone who has given permission to be contacted?

Of course they could, & I wouldn't put it past them if they tried it already, but I doubt they will.get a match......IMO, I don't think this guy ever had kids, & if he was married, he's divorced. I don't think they will ever catch EAR/GSK. Detectives not working together with other police stations/cops, etc back in the 70's & 80's was a major mistake. The technology wasn't there for them either to be able to solve the case, but it also boggles the mind how this suspect kept avoiding neighborhood watches, vigilantes out in full force, dragnets, & police capture.

Of course they could, & I wouldn't put it past them if they tried it already, but I doubt they will.get a match......IMO, I don't think this guy ever had kids, & if he was married, he's divorced. I don't think they will ever catch EAR/GSK. Detectives not working together with other police stations/cops, etc back in the 70's & 80's was a major mistake. The technology wasn't there for them either to be able to solve the case, but it also boggles the mind how this suspect kept avoiding neighborhood watches, vigilantes out in full force, dragnets, & police capture.
But he doesn't need to have had kids. It will match him going back generations. I have hundreds of "relatives" on 23 and me. Unless you are from outer space, you will get matches.

But he doesn't need to have had kids. It will match him going back generations. I have hundreds of "relatives" on 23 and me. Unless you are from outer space, you will get matches.

Right, there will be cousins ect. I don't think there would be a way for LE to do this legally at this point.

Did hundreds of your relatives send in a DNA swab? I'm.not understanding how you gave hundreds of relatives on that site, or are you saying distant relatives matching back thru DNA & people you've never met?

I've asked lots of people if they've sent in for DNA resting, & almost everyone stated they haven't.

I think the issue lies in this being a private database. Yes, you gave your consent INSIDE the database for others INSIDE the database to be found. However, EAR did not give his consent to be linked through ancestors. When it comes to the police, thats an entirely different matter.

Could they? Yes. Will they? Likely not, I imagine that whoever EARs defense attorney is would shoot the DNA evidence down in a heartbeat.

Did hundreds of your relatives send in a DNA swab? I'm.not understanding how you gave hundreds of relatives on that site, or are you saying distant relatives matching back thru DNA & people you've never met?

I've asked lots of people if they've sent in for DNA resting, & almost everyone stated they haven't.
Yes, people I have never met. But many of my immediate relatives have also had it done .

I think the issue lies in this being a private database. Yes, you gave your consent INSIDE the database for others INSIDE the database to be found. However, EAR did not give his consent to be linked through ancestors. When it comes to the police, thats an entirely different matter.

Could they? Yes. Will they? Likely not, I imagine that whoever EARs defense attorney is would shoot the DNA evidence down in a heartbeat.

That is what I wondered, if it is about EAR not giving consent. Did he consent to having his DNA submitted to CODIS?

If he did, he'd have been caught by now! [emoji6]

Actually I have read on various boards that his DNA has been submitted through CODIS multiple times.

There is something different between leaving your DNA at a crime scene and having that DNA released to a private agency. The families of ONS victims were actually the ones who had the DNA laws changed in California. I am not sure what those laws are, but I imagine there are some laws that make it difficult to release his data to a private agency, or else the police would have done it already. You have to be careful when dealing with this kind of thing LE wouldnt want any argument about how the DNA was found, or the entire case could be thrown out.
That is what I wondered, if it is about EAR not giving consent. Did he consent to having his DNA submitted to CODIS?

I think they should take the unprecedented step of releasing his DNA raw data sequence to the public. Who knows, maybe there a a genius out there who can solve the case with that info. At this rate he will never be caught.

This case is gonna another Zodiac story, or Jack the Ripper. At least with Zodiac, there were several decent suspects. Even with Jack there were several prime suspects.

I wonder if detectives are holding back on a few prime suspects......because if they don't have a clue, it won't be solved.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...mething-odd-in-the-brains-of-psychopaths/amp/

Scientists found something odd in the brains of psychopaths

Psychopaths commit violent crimes because their brains are hard-wired to value short-term rewards, a new study has claimed.

Harvard University researchers claim the same brain defect may stop them thinking about the consequences of their actions.

One expert compared their minds to compulsive eaters – or even Heroin addicts.

The research – which involved scanning the brains of 49 medium-security inmates – aims to change the popular image of psychopaths as cold, calculating killers.

Participants who displayed psychotic tendencies showed greater activity in a part of the brain called the ventral striatum – which evaluates rewards.

Research leader Dr. Josh Buckholtz said: “They’re not aliens, they’re people who make bad decisions.

“The same kind of short-sighted, impulsive decision-making that we see in psychopathic individuals has also been noted in compulsive over-eaters and substance abusers.

“For years, we have been focused on the idea that psychopaths are people who cannot generate emotion and that’s why they do all these terrible things.

Even though psychopaths are often portrayed as cold-blooded, almost alien predators, we have been showing that their emotional deficits may not actually be the primary driver of these bad choices.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...mething-odd-in-the-brains-of-psychopaths/amp/

Scientists found something odd in the brains of psychopaths

Psychopaths commit violent crimes because their brains are hard-wired to value short-term rewards, a new study has claimed.

Harvard University researchers claim the same brain defect may stop them thinking about the consequences of their actions.

One expert compared their minds to compulsive eaters – or even Heroin addicts.

The research – which involved scanning the brains of 49 medium-security inmates – aims to change the popular image of psychopaths as cold, calculating killers.

Participants who displayed psychotic tendencies showed greater activity in a part of the brain called the ventral striatum – which evaluates rewards.

Research leader Dr. Josh Buckholtz said: “They’re not aliens, they’re people who make bad decisions.

“The same kind of short-sighted, impulsive decision-making that we see in psychopathic individuals has also been noted in compulsive over-eaters and substance abusers.

“For years, we have been focused on the idea that psychopaths are people who cannot generate emotion and that’s why they do all these terrible things.

Even though psychopaths are often portrayed as cold-blooded, almost alien predators, we have been showing that their emotional deficits may not actually be the primary driver of these bad choices.
They are mixing up their terms. Psychopaths are not 'psychotic'. Otherwise, interesting article. I have always thought their ability to feel guilt was overidden by testosterone or sex drive.

Based on how many attacks this guy pulled off without capture, with his incredible luck maybe he won the state lottery and went into hibernation?

Seriously though, as so many others have said this is just a crazy case in so many ways.

The thing I keep coming back to (and don’t see a lot of discussion about) is his access to, and ability to use, firearms. Somebody introduced and enabled this skill, and with speculation that he began in his teens I just can’t see him being a “loner” totally at that point. This in my opinion lends more credibility to a tie in with an LE or military family.

My opinion is also that he at some point had a role that gave him legitimate access to be around the homes of strangers such as a newspaper delivery boy (who back then had to collect from customers at the door each month); perhaps he even had met some of the victims previously (he sure did like to wear those masks and disguise his voice).

As others have said, SOMEBODY has to know this person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on how many attacks this guy pulled off without capture, with his incredible luck maybe he won the state lottery and went into hibernation?

Seriously though, as so many others have said this is just a crazy case in so many ways.

The thing I keep coming back to (and don’t see a lot of discussion about) is his access to, and ability to use, firearms. Somebody introduced and enabled this skill, and with speculation that he began in his teens I just can’t see him being a “loner” totally at that point. This in my opinion lends more credibility to a tie in with an LE or military family.

My opinion is also that he at some point had a role that gave him legitimate access to be around the homes of strangers such as a newspaper delivery boy (who back then had to collect from customers at the door each month); perhaps he even had met some of the victims previously (he sure did like to wear those masks and disguise his voice).

As others have said, SOMEBODY has to know this person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, or someone with criminal ties.

Oh my gawd this is incredible !
e856c6be9fa48a07b07888d4abc088d5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online