CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact they didn't know he was a cop is very odd. Why would the mother lie to her daughters?
Why not say he used to be a cop?
How much did she know?

That's just weird, plus her never divorcing him even though she's a divorce lawyer.
Hmmmmmmm.

Yes. I'm very interested in why they never divorced. Maybe she earned more than he did and didn't want to pay alimony. Perhaps, she had her suspicions, though.

chilling thank you. I will read that next. Anyone else think his wife helped him?

Hmmmm. Not sure if would be her,but it does seem he had an accomplice at least occasionally.
I could swear I remember that being mentioned, but couldn't remember where from.

But this is exactly the point.

Just like he was never known to use dog repellent EAR was never known to use a hammer. It was almost always a handgun or a knife.

People use hammers to things besides murder! :)

When EAR became ONS and started his premeditated murders, in every single instance he used a murder weapon that was FROM the house he was attacking. A lamp, a log, a wrench, a sprinkler head... He never brought a hammer to bludgeon people with. :)

He shot some of them as well. He shop lifted the hammer unsuccessfuly, losing his job as a result, so likely didn't use a hammer after that, or dog repellent either.

:cow:

That’s pure speculation. IMO, if he did spray himself w dog repellant, that would not stop a dog from barking as he attempted to enter the house, alerting the homeowners. I think more likely he used it as needed, when he encountered a dog during his route to/from a house, or as he was staking out his potential future victims.

Has anyone here linked to what “dog repellant” is made of? Especially back then? It is like mace?

Online, I’m seeing ingredients like ammonia, oleoresin capsaicin, cayenne pepper, vinegar, black pepper, mustard oil, clove oil, citronella, garlic, citrus oil, mothballs, coffee grounds, rubbing alcohol ... options go on and on.

Because any of the above would make a perp smell super funky awful, IF DeAngelo used it — or made his own.

I wonder what 70s-era store-bought were usually made of?? And if was like today’s “mace”

1) why would he risk getting it on himself while our committing an attack,

2) would he use it on a pet when he “cased” a house as a way to “train” the dog to stay away.... and

3) if is was like today’s mace, why was it never used on his victims or attackers (as far as we know)?

A couple of posts have mentioned a female voice or accomplice. Does anyone have a link for this?

Do you have a link for the bloodhounds?

I'm not Clay but... I previously posted a link to "Sudden Terror" written by retired investigator Larry Crompton that mentions the bloodhound "PITA"... tracking to where the perp's car was parked.

https://books.google.com/books?id=F...mpton" AND "sudden terror" AND "Pita"&f=false

A little info regarding Crompton... but there's more out on the webz

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...d-investigator-golden-state-killer/555633002/

Silly you. I didnt say GSK was redundant.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well he was very redundant,and he got away with it all even after getting busted for shoplifting, fighting,freaking out,and having to be restrained.
His robbery,rapes,and murders were beyond redundant.

Has this been posted yet here? I couldn't find it...
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article210003114.html

This part stood out to me:
(Paul Holes talking about JJD's daughters)
"They had no clue about their father's alleged criminal past; in fact, Holes said they didn't even know he was a police officer."

So his daughters didn't even know he was a cop? That means his wife didn't ever tell the daughters he was a cop either....
That seems so strange to me.

Well he was very redundant, and he got away with it all even after getting busted for shoplifting, fighting, freaking out, and having to be restrained.

His robbery, rapes, and murders were beyond redundant.

I think you're looking for a different word.

You-keep-using-that-word.jpg

:)

"They had no clue about their father's alleged criminal past; in fact, Holes said they didn't even know he was a police officer."

So his daughters didn't even know he was a cop? That means his wife didn't ever tell the daughters he was a cop either....

It doesn’t to me because then they would have to tell them that he was fired for shoplifting. Not something you want to tell your kids.

I’m posting this link again; I think SecretAgentMan first shared it with me, so hat-tip to SAM!!

There are summaries of each attack here, and they’re gruesome. (Obviously, but I feel a warning is necessary anyway.)

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/

ETA: the timelines here are very detailed, too.

It doesn’t to me because then they would have to tell them that he was fired for shoplifting. Not something you want to tell your kids.

Very true, it definitely could have been the shame they wanted to hide by how he was forced out.

They could have told the kids that he quit because he didn't like the job. JMO

Maybe not so strange. He was fired for shop-lifting in ‘79 and his eldest child wasn’t born until ‘81. I can see JJD, who seems pretty arrogant, to not want to talk about something shameful in his past (probably more shamed and angry that he was caught rather than the shoplifting itself.) I could see his lawyer wife also being angry and embarrassed by the situation. I can see a scenario where both decided to never mention the JJD’s prior jobt, especially not to their daughters.

A 13 year old victim has now come forward to the public. She was raped as her family was sleeping in other rooms. Her father never recovered from what happened to his daughter and died of a heart attact 3 years later. The young girl grew up not letting her rapist win.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/a...tate-Killer-crept-12872225.php#photo-15471937

What i still cannot and maybe will never wrap my head around, is the idea of this thing masquerading as a human being, doing such hideous things, especially on a child and yet be a father to 3 females, one of whom has a 15 year old daughter living in the house with him!
Did he spy on his daughters, have hidden cameras in the house, rummage through their belongings?
What was on his mind when/if they had friends sleeping over, did he keep tabs on their teachers, friend's parents, boyfriends?
Wonder if he worried constantly about his children's safety, warning about sex predators?
So what is the security like at his house??
imo, speculation.

The "stacking of dishes" always bugged me... It's such a fiendish trick.

See, that, too, points to a police officer. It has long been a "life hack" from LE to civilians to put dishes or pots & pans in front of windows or doors with faulty locks as a temporary measure. I had an officer tell me to do this to ward against my landlord coming in with his key when I was there. When I saw that -- they HAVE to know that's a police idea. I know they tested the DNA of local police, but not surrounding counties.

Which reminds me -- I notice that he kept to smaller communities, where the LE would feel a degree in Criminal Justice was a big deal. (One CO mentioned this.) He avoided L.A. County. Because Los Angeles has REAL detectives and resources.

GSK's crime spree began within a month or two of getting married and ended after the birth of daughter #3 in May of '89. A timeline posted a few times here had him as divorced (separated?) by 1991. So, it seems the crimes lasted roughly the duration of the marriage. Interesting and strange.

GSK's crime spree began within a month or two of getting married and ended after the birth of daughter #3 in May of '89. A timeline posted a few times here had him as divorced (separated?) by 1991. So, it seems the crimes lasted roughly the duration of the marriage. Interesting and strange.

The VR crimes started a few months before his marriage. Then the "break" between 1981 and 1986. They were "separated" in 1991. Not exact, but there does seem to be some sort of correlation. Then again, we don't REALLY know when he started or even necessarily stop yet. (Did he ever really stop? Or did he just downgrade to lower crimes?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member