CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is all the vertigo talk coming from? Someone said he called in sick with it to Save Mart? Because his co-worker buddy just said he never called in sick ever lol.

Yeah, I put that quote in one of my posts. There's a lot of misinformation and a lot of reaching going on.
I really don't think his wife foresaw this and therefore didn't divorce him because of spousal privilege.

The weird thing to me is that he would have to be covered in blood. How did he get away with that and no one saw anything?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The weird thing to me is that he would have to be covered in blood. How did he get away with that and no one saw anything?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

per the HLN special Unmasking a Killer: after the first bludgeoning death (the Smiths?) he started covering people with sheets before hitting them to prevent blood splatter getting all over him. if he can stalk people for long periods of time and learn their daily habits, he can figure out how to ditch any bloody clothing before he got home.

<modsnip>

Stop with the speculation about the wife.

There is absolutely nothing to substantiate that she had any knowledge of JD's activities or that there is some deal in the works.

(O/T, There's a great show, it's on ID I believe, it's called "Evil Lives Here"...most often the show consists of interviews with the wives (or other family members) of SKs. They will talk about how "there were signs" (main tagline of show), but never could they have ever imagined...

Check it out sometime. It's one of my favorite shows.

Eta:
https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/evil-lives-here/

Evil Lives Here (2016&#8211; )
TV Series | Biography, Crime

"A TV series where individuals share their perspectives of loved ones who performed horrific acts of crime"
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5489746/ )

Here's an example:

"The Monster I Married

When Cindy first fell in love with Bobby, she never could have imagined that she would one day regret not committing murder. But two decades after she discovered the horrifying truth about her husband, she is still haunted by memories of the night when she decided not to kill him in his sleep."

"14 Jan. 2018
Deadly Fetish

When Debra Davis's husband accused her of being cold and immature for refusing to experiment sexually, she thought something was wrong with her. She never suspected her husband's perversions were signs that there was something evil deep within him." )

A new photo of JJD from the Exeter police department website.

attachment.php

I'm sad to say, the current Exeter police are not exactly covering themselves in glory. When asked about the three years JJD spent working for them they said they would have to check on that fact, as they could find no records of him having worked for them. :(

And now on their website they are showing that newspaper photo of JJD with a mustache next to a sketch of an innocent man who was cleared by the police 40 years ago... :facepalm:

Attachments

• Exeter.jpg
    Exeter.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 379
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micropenis

Warning - contains pictures but is very explanatory.

Thanks Shiressleuth :)

This gives us a great chance to clear up another 'urban legend' about the case.

Several women described the offender's penis as larger than their partners / husbands. For example, in attack 11:

She described his penis as large compared to her husband, maybe about five inches. (Hunting A Psychopath: Maybe as large as six inches.)

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/11.php

EAR did not have a micropenis.

Several women described the offender's penis as larger than their partners / husbands. For example, in attack 11:

I thought it could be relevant after reading about the young girl who's hymen was undamaged.

I was rereading Richard Shelby’s book and reflecting on the events of the second half of 1979.

So, we now know that on the 2nd July 79 JJD was arrested for shoplifting, went into a rage when apprehended, was suspended (pending his firing).

I will paraphrase from Shelby’s book re the events of 5th July 79, where something went very wrong. Wrong for EAR, that is. Apparently the male victim in this attack was a light sleeper and he woke in the early hours of the morning. He saw a man in the bedroom —EAR — with his back turned, putting on a mask. Unlike other assaults where EAR surprised victims unaware, this victim saw EAR first. The male victim leapt out of bed and confronted EAR, shouting stuff like “who the *advertiser censored** are you?” etc so loudly he woke up neighbours, who called the police. The female victim ran past her husband and got outside, screaming for help and once her husband knew she was outside, he ran too. EAR bolted, and according to Shelby was close to being caught as the police got to this scene very quickly due to neighbours calling while the attempted assault was in progress.

This is actually the last known EAR attack in Northern California, and I’m surprised it’s not spoken of more often. Things went right off script for EAR here and the theory was it was such a close shave he moved away. Maybe not, though? Now that we know he was in serious trouble at work, it adds to the picture of him becoming increasingly enraged and possibly feeling disempowered. It’s very frustrating when your victims dare to fight back - even the lowly shop attendants dared to thwart him, and his stupid boss, who is inferior to him in every way, has the audacity to punish ;)

In the next attack, which occurred in October in Goleta, he continuously muttered to his victims he was going to kill them. The female victim managed to get free and ran outside screaming. Her husband believed she was being murdered and threw off the dishes on his back and ran too. Thwarted again, EAR/ONS fled. He was actually pursued by the victims’ neighbour, an ex-FBI agent, who almost caught him.

JJD is officially fired in November.

In December, the Offerman/Manning murders occur. According to Shelby, crime scene analysis indicated that the couple were tied up, then Robert Offerman most likely broke free and was shot 5 times. Alexandria Manning was then killed with one gunshot. This is a bit different from the other murders as ONS bludgeoned those victims and clearly intended to do so from the beginning of the crime. Murder must have felt satisfying, after six months of frustration and humiliation.

I am so glad he’s been caught.

I am thinking that his work records need to be checked for the days he took off for "vertigo". And then the crime records need to be matched to those days. Vertigo would be a good lie for him to choose. It would have him in bed all day, no one would come check on him or question if he didn't answer a phone. And you could claim it more often than say, a sore throat.

Disclaimer---- I know vertigo is real. I always think I am dying when I get it! lol. No. Really. I do. I am saying it would be a very good cover for him. It actually really bothers me that he had a way to be out of work, whenever he wanted.

Very good points!!!, mpnola.

If I recall, from reading about obsessed criminals committing vicious crimes- they don't actually stop the crimes,

they replace those crimes with another activity to satisfy their sick compulsion.

It's similar to stopping a habit you've had for a long time, you need to replace the bad habit with a healthy habit.

I don't believe JJD suddenly became a model citizen when his crimes 'appear' to suddenly stop. He was still doing

some deep, dark activity that satisfied his sick, warped ego. That's what LE needs to focus on now. MOO.

This may be a great way to get the loser to talk. Offer a deal that in response for a confession LE will say that their doctors will say at the press conference that he has a perfectly normal penis!

I was rereading Richard Shelby’s book and reflecting on the events of the second half of 1979.

So, we now know that on the 2nd July 79 JJD was arrested for shoplifting, went into a rage when apprehended, was suspended (pending his firing).

I will paraphrase from Shelby’s book re the events of 5th July 79, where something went very wrong. Wrong for EAR, that is. Apparently the male victim in this attack was a light sleeper and he woke in the early hours of the morning. He saw a man in the bedroom —EAR — with his back turned, putting on a mask. Unlike other assaults where EAR surprised victims unaware, this victim saw EAR first. The male victim leapt out of bed and confronted EAR, shouting stuff like “who the *advertiser censored** are you?” etc so loudly he woke up neighbours, who called the police. The female victim ran past her husband and got outside, screaming for help and once her husband knew she was outside, he ran too. EAR bolted, and according to Shelby was close to being caught as the police got to this scene very quickly due to neighbours calling while the attempted assault was in progress.

This is actually the last known EAR attack in Northern California, and I’m surprised it’s not spoken of more often. Things went right off script for EAR here and the theory was it was such a close shave he moved away. Maybe not, though? Now that we know he was in serious trouble at work, it adds to the picture of him becoming increasingly enraged and possibly feeling disempowered. It’s very frustrating when your victims dare to fight back - even the lowly shop attendants dared to thwart him, and his stupid boss, who is inferior to him in every way, has the audacity to punish ;)

In the next attack, which occurred in October in Goleta, he continuously muttered to his victims he was going to kill them. The female victim managed to get free and ran outside screaming. Her husband believed she was being murdered and threw off the dishes on his back and ran too. Thwarted again, EAR/ONS fled. He was actually pursued by the victims’ neighbour, an ex-FBI agent, who almost caught him.

JJD is officially fired in November.

In December, the Offerman/Manning murders occur. According to Shelby, crime scene analysis indicated that the couple were tied up, then Robert Offerman most likely broke free and was shot 5 times. Alexandria Manning was then killed with one gunshot. This is a bit different from the other murders as ONS bludgeoned those victims and clearly intended to do so from the beginning of the crime. Murder must have felt satisfying, after six months of frustration and humiliation.

I am so glad he’s been caught.

So he was suspended - did one botched job almost getting caught and then, with no excuses for being out at nights anymore, stopped the attacks. Once fired, he started the murderous attacks, less frequent as he no longer had the cover of being a cop, and in a different area due to him living in Long Beach, presumably till he moved to Citrus Heights. It really is beginning to make sense, I think. (the gaps in the attacks, I mean, not the crimes themselves ).

And no one at Auburn PD connected the fact that the attacks in EA/NoCal stopped with his suspension and firing?

http://fox40.com/2018/04/30/coworker-friend-reveals-new-details-about-east-area-rapist-suspect/
Coworker, Friend Reveals New Details About East Area Rapist Suspect
POSTED 7:02 PM, APRIL 30, 2018
[...]
"I can't look at him in court because I picture the guy that I was standing next to at work," Griffin told FOX40.
They had lunch together every day for years and went waterskiing together. Now DeAngelo is accused of being a vicious serial killer and rapist.
Griffin says as a mechanic he was "meticulous" while working at a Save Mart distribution center in Roseville.
"He was very afraid of being in trouble," Griffin said. "He never called in sick. He was proud of that."
Griffin also says DeAngelo was missing part of a finger.
"He said that happened in the Navy," Griffin said.
[...]

Interesting...
Chappell lives two doors down from where DeAngelo lived. He remembers DeAngelo as a loud, 72-year-old grandfather and a former police officer, who often helped his neighbors.
So his neighbors knew he was an ex-cop, but his kids didn’t?

MOO

Very good points!!!, mpnola.

If I recall, from reading about obsessed criminals committing vicious crimes- they don't actually stop the crimes,

they replace those crimes with another activity to satisfy their sick compulsion.

It's similar to stopping a habit you've had for a long time, you need to replace the bad habit with a healthy habit.

I don't believe JJD suddenly became a model citizen when his crimes 'appear' to suddenly stop. He was still doing

some deep, dark activity that satisfied his sick, warped ego. That's what LE needs to focus on now. MOO.

If we compare to BTK, Dennis Rader would have very "intense" normal hobbies during the day with family (like stamp collecting and a plant nursery) and his dark/twisted "hobbies" when he was by himself (stalking women, reliving his murders through roleplay, etc). These would (at least temporarily) keep him from killing again.

v27z24tsh6v01.jpg

visalia-ransacker.jpg

Here's a picture of him when he was a cop at Exeter.......doesn't he look like the Visalia Ransacker sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member