CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed it in that article after I asked for the link. I hadn't seen those pics of the guns in cases before today. Thanks for the response.

I am hoping, we see other pics, of 'loads of gun boxes' taken out of the Creep's home.
You will be astonished.
Here, in Australia, we don't possess guns, and I was shocked to see this.

Court Tuesday morning:
Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
Next Court Date 5/29/2018 at 8:30 AM.

Judge Delays Arguments On 'Golden State Killer' Records
The parties will be back in court May 29 to argue over what should be made public.

Lemor Abrams on Twitter
Lemor Abrams‏Verified account @LemorAbrams
Public defender told me off camera- she postponed case bc needs more time for discovery. She says suspect will likely enter plea on May 29th. #GoldenStateKillerCase
9:36 AM - 14 May 2018 from
Sacramento, CA

Court Tuesday morning:
Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
Next Court Date 5/29/2018 at 8:30 AM.

Judge Delays Arguments On 'Golden State Killer' Records
The parties will be back in court May 29 to argue over what should be made public.

Lemor Abrams on Twitter
Lemor Abrams‏Verified account @LemorAbrams
Public defender told me off camera- she postponed case bc needs more time for discovery. She says suspect will likely enter plea on May 29th. #GoldenStateKillerCase
9:36 AM - 14 May 2018 from
Sacramento, CA

Thanks SeesSeas.
So looking forward to this.
I'll have to work out time difference here, so I can see.
More info. That certainly is what we need: a lot more.

I found the DNA sluething to be very interesting. Open Source DNA, and upload crime DNA, and see what shakes out. I noticed GED website changed its privacy policy and rules on May 20, 2018. There will come a time, when we will all be DNA matched, it was fodder for science fiction films, now reality.

re: mortgage insurance,
Canadian insurance industry pens rules on use of genetic test results

"They've known about the problem of genetic discrimination for years and chose to really do nothing until the 11th hour," said Noah Shack, director of policy at the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs."

Tuesday, May 29th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Katie (20) & Brian (21) Maggiore (Feb. 2, 1978 in Rancho Cordova) - Joseph James DeAngelo (72/32 @ time of crime) (East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer) - arrested (4/24/18) & formally charged (4/27/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder with special enhancements for burglary and rape; did not enter plea. Sacramento County. Relative's (Great-great-great grandfather’s) DNA from genealogy website (GEDMatch) cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says.
4/27/18 Update: charged in Ventura County of 2 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances for being a double homicide in the deaths of Charlene (33) & Lyman (43) Smith on 3/13/80 in Ventura.
5/10/18 Update: charged in Santa Barbara County of the 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances, where investigators believe he killed Dr. Robert Offerman (44) & Dr. Debra Alexandria Manning (35) in December 30, 1979 and Cheri Domingo (35) & Gregory Sanchez (27) in July 27, 1981, all in Goleta. Each carries a possible sentence of death or life in prison without parole.
5/11/18 Update: charged in Orange County with 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances. Patrice Harrington (28) & Keith Harrington (24) on 8/19/80 in Dana Point, Manuela Witthuhn (21) on 2/26/81 in Irvine & Janelle Lisa Cruz (18) on 5/4/86 in Irvine.
Total 12 counts of 1st degree murder.
His mayhem touched 10 counties, and he was variously called the East Area Rapist, Original Nightstalker, Diamond Knot Killer and Visalia Ransacker before authorities discovered that the various strings of crimes appeared to be the work of a single man. responsible for 12 homicides, 45 rapes, and 120 home burglaries between 1974 and 1986, when his crimes appeared to mysteriously end. It's also believed the serial killer also possibly killed Claude Snelling (45) on 9/11/75 in Visalia, Tulare County. In 2001, DNA evidence linked the East Area Rapist and Original Nightstalker cases.
5/2/18: A motion hearing involving a sealed search warrant in the case. The motion asks the court to enjoin the district attorney from taking further DNA, major case prints or body photographs from DeAngelo. Dianne Howard, the attorney of 72-year-old Joseph James DeAngelo, filed a motion to stop a search warrant. In response, the District Attorney filed an opposition to the defense’s motion. The judge pushed the hearing back to Thursday (5/3/18) morning to have more time to review each motion.
5/4/18: Judge denies defense motion. Rules search warrant seeking photos, DNA of JJD will proceed.
5/14/18: DeAngelo's next hearing has been set for May 29 for the judge to decide on various motions from the defense, including one to close coverage of the hearings to the media. DeAngelo's lawyers also are fighting to keep the arrest warrant and search warrant affidavits sealed, despite a motion from The Sacramento Bee and numerous other news organizations to release them.
JJD might enter a plea at today’s (5/29) hearing.

Rbbm.
"Jewelry, cuff links and necklaces with heart-shaped pendants were trinkets the Golden State Killer liked to take from his victim's home. They were found inside his."
"
Holes claimed that DeAngelo was extremely uncooperative while being investigated after his arrest.

'I watched seven hours-worth of the interviews, and I just don't see him talking,' Holes said."

4CA55D3C00000578-0-image-a-8_1527339673440.jpg

"'He's a psychological sadist,' he said. 'His big thing was the fear he was instilling in the victims.' "
Read more: Investigators release pictures from serial killer Paul Holes' bedroom | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What the heck, Daily Mail?!?!? No one has commented that the link above says "Investigators release pictures from serial killer Paul Holes' bedroom."

Serial killer Paul Holes.

Shaking my head...

Not to get off topic, but in the interest of accuracy, there are millions of registered, legally owned firearms in Australia.
Legally owned firearms are in Australia.
Not one of my friends, workmates, school friends or acquaintances own firearms: the occurrence of firearms is not present in many suburban households.
Firearms require to be registered etc would be more accurate, for me to state.
I am sorry, if I wasn't clear.

Legally owned firearms are in Australia.
Not one of my friends, workmates, school friends or acquaintances own firearms: the occurrence of firearms is not present in many suburban households.
Firearms require to be registered etc would be more accurate, for me to state.
I am sorry, if I wasn't clear.

Guns in Australia — Firearms, gun law and gun control
Federal firearm regulation is limited: each state has its own gun law.
With the 2 most populated states, statistics show:
In 2016, in NSW there were 872,662.
In 2015, in Victoria there were 844,034, both licit and illicit firearms held by civilians.

Upsetting how close the first sketch was to how he looked in that police uniform. People close to him had to think it looked like him. But probably thought there's no way he could be responsible. I've never been in that situation of seeing a suspect that looked like someone I knew, so no idea how I would react, or if I would even see the similarity or let my bias affect my viewpoint.

I can't even imagine being married to him or being one of daughters. Evil. I wonder if he'll eventually talk like BTK did? Such a wide span of victims, yet they live their lives as if all is fine and dandy. I wonder if serial killers feel fear? Do they ever wonder if they are being hunted like they like to hunt for their prey? Are they suspicious of other people, because they are always living a lie? It's so scary to realize a serial killer could be anyone. How many here would think your Dad, Brother or Husband was a serial killer?

Psychopaths do not feel fear like others do.

The Ethics Behind Using Genealogy Websites to Find Crime Suspects

Thought I'd post this article while we are awaiting court info. I haven't seen any reporters tweeting anything so are there restrictions today?

Don't know about the restrictions - but here is what the hearing today is about... from my description above:

5/14/18: DeAngelo's next hearing has been set for May 29 for the judge to decide on various motions from the defense, including one to close coverage of the hearings to the media. DeAngelo's lawyers also are fighting to keep the arrest warrant and search warrant affidavits sealed, despite a motion from The Sacramento Bee and numerous other news organizations to release them.

This is fascinating. Defense lawyer is speaking now about tainted evidence, failed memory of witnesses, strong possibility of unfair trial. DeAngelo is standing in orange jumpsuit in a locked cage of sorts

Judge to decide on whether to unseal Golden State Killer warrants

Unfortunately the live stream isn't available in my area. I will have to wait for media updates. Above link mentions one thing being discussed today.

And based on what Niner has posted, if defence has their way it will all be behind closed doors. So it will be interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members