CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes his siblings all had DeAngelo as their last name. Their mother Kathleen remarried to Jack (Percy) Bosanko in 1965 in Tulare, California. JJD father has the same name, JJD is the Jr.

That’s right now I remember he was Jr. (duh) thank you!

I feel so sorry for the daughters. From what I read about the ex-wife on Yelp yesterday, she seems like a piece of work, too.

Why do I think she was aware of his activities? I have zero proof just a weird feeling.

Remember, BTK kept a little metal shed out back of the house that he kept locked. His daughter said no one was allowed in there. He told them it was his workshop, they always assumed he was back there working on carpentry, etc. projects. It's where he kept some tools he used in his crimes and the "souvenirs" he collected from his victims.

http://www.kansas.com/news/special-reports/btk/article1003734.html

I noticed DeAngelo also had a little shed in his back yard. He probably had some secret/private place where he kept some criminal tools over the years, in different homes he may have lived in. LE will find out.

I kind of wondered if he resorted to shoplifting for kicks, the same way he burglarized homes for years. He may have been doing it for years and it was just the first time he got caught.

What wife would allow this? What curious kid wouldn't take a look?
Not sure I'd be ok with someone hiding stuff in a locked shed.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/arti...ler-ear-links-12860517.php#item-85307-tbla-35
Here is where the GSK Mr. Cruel thing comes in.
Don't understand why people would think it can't be him, because the victim age, and he actually kidnapped 3 victims. As if Serial killers don't change things up. To escape detection, and throw investigators off, or ramp things up.
This is the kind of thing that helps these scum get away again,and again.
Makes me wonder how many more victims there are that don't fit the profile,or pattern.

From the article you linked...

”This was reviewed in relation to the outstanding Mr. Cruel *investigations in Victoria and any connection has been ruled out."

I know several ppl who have found out that their dad, really isn't their dad, and in one of the cases, the dad didn't know either and caused a huge drama.

Can you imagine being GSK.. I wonder if any of his family ever tried to get him to do a DNA test. For example, I was going to get one for my mom for mother's day. They'd be like, why doesn't grandpa like his gift? Lol

He has a brother (2 yrs. younger, I believe) who lives in Orange Co. Ca., who interestingly was arrested for burglary

during 90's. Talk is that he visited brother while committing the crimes in that area.

I located 2 addresses for DeAngelo in LA County from 1984-1990. It appears as though these were probably addresses he used to get mail or is associated with him for some other reason, but not places he owned/lived.

I'm so curious where he hid his trophies from each of his victims all these years!
You know he kept them.

hate to quote myself lol but one thought that her sister was not going to be her sister "because her mother was whoring around" (her words) and was super pissed at her mother but then was super relieved to find out that her sister was her sister (share a dad) man a lot of ppl are probably quaking at their boots w this new DNA technology.

I know several ppl who have found out that their dad, really isn't their dad, and in one of the cases, the dad didn't know either and caused a huge drama.

I personally know someone who found out she was the only one of 6 kids who had a different dad by doing an ancestry DNA test. And on various DNA testing forums there are just so many stories of people who have found out their 'dad' isn't their biodad, or that they were adopted. It's quite surprising actually. Really makes you think about how trustworthy "family trees" based on paper trails are - probably not 100% trustworthy for anyone if you go back far enough.

I think its some mothers trying to save face, which I think is incredibly unfair. ive heard women tell other women "keep it quiet" you don't think a kid deserves to know where the hell they came from? idc if the guy "is a loser" your new bf isn't the kids dang father!!!

I personally know someone who found out she was the only one of 6 kids who had a different dad by doing an ancestry DNA test. And on various DNA testing forums there are just so many stories of people who have found out their 'dad' isn't their biodad, or that they were adopted. It's quite surprising actually. Really makes you think about how trustworthy "family trees" based on paper trails are - probably not 100% trustworthy for anyone if you go back far enough.

Relative's DNA from genealogy websites cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says

[...]

The effort was part of a painstaking process that began by using DNA from one of the crime scenes from years ago and comparing it to genetic profiles available online through various websites that cater to individuals wanting to know more about their family backgrounds by accepting DNA samples from them, said Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Grippi.

[...]

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209913514.html

Relative's DNA from genealogy websites cracked East Area Rapist case:

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article209913514.html
https://twitter.com/CrispinBurke/status/989633685723975680

I wonder if one day in the future, an offender might send someone's else's swab into one of theses genealogy sites to deliberately throw law enforcement off the trail? Or worse yet set up someone else?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I think this just opened up a whole new world for investigations. Any chance they can figure out who the JonBenet Ramsey DNA was from?

I hope so!

Thanks for posting the link. Not a huge surprise but nice to have confirmation.

I wonder how many retired or active serial killers are shaking in their boots, hoping no family member does an ancestry type DNA test.

moo

The family member in question could have been a somewhat distant cousin that GSK didn't even know existed. All the more reason that any serial killers and other criminals out there should be shaking in their boots! I think these ancestry dna sites may end up being a real gift to victims and LE going forward.

Thanks for posting the link. Not a huge surprise but nice to have confirmation.

I wonder how many retired or active serial killers are shaking in their boots, hoping no family member does an ancestry type DNA test.

moo

good I hope they are shaking in their boots!

The family member in question could have been a somewhat distant cousin that GSK didn't even know existed. All the more reason that any serial killers and other criminals out there should be shaking in their boots! I think these ancestry dna sites may end up being a real gift to victims and LE going forward.

Wonder why they are not using them for our numerous john and jane doe cases though..

I read that Ancestry has a disclaimer that states they cooperate with LE. Also that they release data regarding the number of times they cooperate. Maybe I read that on this thread. The cool part is, you don't even need to alert the family that you're using their tree. Ancestry OWNS all the trees. When you leave, your tree material stays. So if they found a first cousin match or a sibling match, they could use many other means of elimination to track their guy. The relative is probably still clueless. I was just on there. Lots of his mother's family, with lots of information.

While some of that is true. As a member of Ancestry you have total control over whether your tree is public, or private and can also click an option to have it not even show up in the search results. When you "leave" Ancestry - you can remove your tree. It will not stay there if you do this.

Also when you do DNA with Ancestry you can choose to have your tree set to public or private.
If it is private no one can see it, unless you invite them.

It may have been Ancestry that LE used, or it could be MyHeritage, 23andme, Gedmatch, DNALand, or a plethora of other sites, all with their own rules/guidelines.

And yes I agree lots of family information to be found. I found enough to do a large detailed tree on JJD and family, and find Bonnie in present day in under an hour. American privacy laws are so lax in this regard compared to Canada, our last public census was 1921. Whereas US' have already released 1940's. Plus marriage/divorce/newspapers are easily accessible.

Can you imagine being GSK.. I wonder if any of his family ever tried to get him to do a DNA test. For example, I was going to get one for my mom for mother's day. They'd be like, why doesn't grandpa like his gift? Lol

I know of someone who was questioned in several rape cases, and he refuses to get a DNA test. hmmm...makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom