GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article linked above stated that she spent her time volunteering at a horse rescue.

Yes, I saw that, but since it said her free time, I wasn't sure.

Admittedly, I have only read a couple of articles and skimmed the Find Erin page.

A possible sighting of Erin Corwin and her car was reported about 8 a.m. Saturday by Joshua Tree National Park rangers.

http://www.z1077fm.com/homicide-det...gate-disappearance-of-twentynine-palms-woman/

There's an interesting comment under that article, made by HR. This was a theory that I had entertained myself, and if the comment is true, then there's a very real possibility that this is a random crime of opportunity. Hopefully there would be phone records if she were meeting someone there though. There have been many cases in the past of people preying on pregnant women who they have come into contact with via Craigslist or something similar.

I think she might have decided to go and scope out the walking tracks in her car, then on the way back meet up with someone from Craigslist to look at something she was interested in buying. It would explain the sighting of her by rangers at the park, and also why her car was parked here. No one would have needed to make her pull over if she were already stopping there anyway, she would have parked and gotten out of her car willingly.

I don't get the feeling that her husband was involved in any way. I hope she is brought back to her family soon. :rose:

The three possibilities I see:

Erin DID make it to the park, and a stranger harmed her (perhaps followed her on her way home and somehow got her to pull over)

[modsnip]

Maybe Erin was seeing someone else, and that person harmed her. I feel terrible saying that, but here is why I thought of it: The Joshua Tree story seems unlikely to us here at WS. And I think some of us are giving the husband the side eye because of that. If the husband is innocent of all involvement, maybe the story about going to Joshua Tree was told to him by Erin to cover up something up.

A few more possibilities. This is all just idle speculation on my part, and mostly based on reading way too many news reports.

I hate to think this, but I wonder if there was anyone she was in contact with who had a severe case of baby hunger? As in, someone who would take that baby from her by any means to have as her own?

Erin could have been befriended by someone who knew Erin was going to go look at the park that morning. That person could have even suggested it, "You should drive up there and check it out."

Maybe that person had to make their move because they were afraid Erin might go back home with her mother to have the baby there?

Maybe when Erin arrived she was forced to accompany that person somewhere. Hopefully, when they got wherever, that person would not have "taken" the baby right then and there (though there are plenty of stories of this happening to pregnant women :( )

That person could have even called JC using Erin's phone and acted like Erin, or forced Erin to call.

Or if someone wanted the baby, but knew it was too soon, maybe Erin is being held somewhere to allow the baby more time to develop. Check the barns at the horse rescue, check everywhere (I'm sure they already are.)

As far as Erin seeing someone else, what if JC was seeing someone else who couldn't stand that Erin was having a baby?

Or is there someone who would love to be with him and he isn't interested and she's just so jealous of his pregnant wife...

I know I'm probably wrong, but I feel like it's something other than domestic violence this time. Wishing Godspeed to LE on this case.

There are multiple entrances to the park out that way, as well as a couple of JTNP campgrounds. Do we know which one rangers thought they saw her at?

I know it's not likely, but please let this girl be found safe. :(

I do see a baby registry at BabiesRus (due date 9/11/2014) but there are no items listed.

I'm not trying to be untoward in this comment, but does her husband's last deployment date throw any wrenches in this due date?

Do we know how long he was deployed?

From the caption on a photo in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-park-set-family-outing-never-returned.html

Perfect couple: The married couple moved in together for the first time only a few months ago after the husband returned for serving overseas

I'm not trying to be untoward in this comment, but does her husband's last deployment date throw any wrenches in this due date?

Do we know how long he was deployed?

From the caption on a photo in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-park-set-family-outing-never-returned.html

Corwin moved to Twentynine Palms last fall when her husband of two years, a corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, was moved from a base in Japan. They had only been living [there] for a few months — Corwin lived with her parents in her hometown of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, while her husband was overseas — and the two talked about each other often — and effusively.

http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/2014/07/02/twentynine-palms-missing-womans-vehicle-found/

Her mother speaks:

"I mean my gut was just tore up, just tore up," said Lore Heavilin, Corwin's mother. "And you feel like you're walking in a nightmare." The nightmare started on Sunday for Heavilin. That's when she got the call that her pregnant daughter was missing. Heavilin immediately made the trip from near Knoxville, Tennessee to the high desert, a trip she already planned to celebrate Erin's 20th birthday on July 15. "We were going to go to the San Diego zoo and Sea World," said Heavilin. "And she was so excited about that upcoming trip."

[modsnip]

http://www.kesq.com/news/mother-of-pregnant-29-palms-woman-pleads-for-help/26775504

If they don't find her very soon, I think this is about to blow up into a nationwide story. All the elements are here that would make it "sell" in the talking head market - a pretty young wife, pregnant, missing, car found. Grieving parents and sister in law.

I hope an agency like the Carol Sund foundation (spelling?) comes to help them. In cases like this, family thinks they want media in their desperate search for their loved one - but it's a curse. The worst thing in their lives is their beloved Erin is missing. Second worse thing - the media is on the way.

If nothing big happens in the Justin Ross Harris baby death court case today, the full media attention that case has captured will turn to this one. IMHO.

:(

Her mother speaks:
Instead, Heavilin and her husband can only wait for any news about their daughter's whereabouts. Heavilin says the day she went missing, Erin was heading to Joshua Tree National park to look for places for the two to take photos during her visit.

http://www.kesq.com/news/mother-of-pregnant-29-palms-woman-pleads-for-help/26775504

Photography sites makes a lot more sense than hiking, which makes her initial desire to go to Joshua Tree more plausible to me. I know many photographers - professional, amateur, everything in between, and they all love to scope out areas for unique opportunities.

Photography sites makes a lot more sense than hiking, which makes her initial desire to go to Joshua Tree more plausible to me. I know many photographers - professional, amateur, everything in between, and they all love to scope out areas for unique opportunities.

I agree...

Searching for sights to photograph makes sense to me... In the confines of an air-conditioned car...

more plausible than hiking at this time of year in her condition...

all ... JMO

This poor family, I pray her and her unborn baby are ok.

Please come home Erin safe to you loving family.

Also makes sense to be looking for photo spots rather than hiking trail.

I wonder if she met someone outside the base, a "guide" who traveled in to the national park, or wherever at this point, in their own vehicle.

would there be security cameras around the base?? that is if the car was found close to the base I'm still kind of confused about that.

Do we know if the car was in working order ?
Did it start, was there a flat tire anything that may have disabled the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14