GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I missed most of this. How is Jon doing now? And Erin's family?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My 2 cents.....It was very difficult to watch yet I couldn't not watch it.

Something I learned that I didn't know before was that Erin SPOKE to her BFF the morning she left with CL, it wasn't just all text conversation (so there goes the theory that someone else was texting her friend that morning pretending to be Erin), and how close the search was to be called off (wow!)

Watching CL on the stand and with the doll in court was disturbing, made my skin crawl and my heart break knowing her family was in the court watching.

LE, the mine searchers, and the firemen who retrieved Erin from the mine are all incredible heroes.

No doubt in my mind Nichole knew (if not before then directly after most definitely) and deserves to be in jail, too; she is just as sick as he is....her standing by him after he confessed to murder solidified that to me (and everything she said to IM.)

Everything Jon had to endure broke my heart.

Erin has touched me like no one else ever has on this site. I will always remember her, as I know we all will.

Praying for continued peace now and always for her mother (who did an amazing job on the show...what a strong woman!), her family, for Jon, and for all her loved ones. :hug:

My 2 cents.....It was very difficult to watch yet I couldn't not watch it.

Something I learned that I didn't know before was that Erin SPOKE to her BFF the morning she left with CL, it wasn't just all text conversation (so there goes the theory that someone else was texting her friend that morning pretending to be Erin), and how close the search was to be called off (wow!)

Watching CL on the stand and with the doll in court was disturbing, made my skin crawl and my heart break knowing her family was in the court watching.

LE, the mine searchers, and the firemen who retrieved Erin from the mine are all incredible heroes.

No doubt in my mind Nichole knew (if not before then directly after most definitely) and deserves to be in jail, too; she is just as sick as he is....her standing by him after he confessed to murder solidified that to me (and everything she said to IM.)

Everything Jon had to endure broke my heart.

Erin has touched me like no one else ever has on this site. I will always remember her, as I know we all will.

Praying for continued peace now and always for her mother (who did an amazing job on the show...what a strong woman!), her family, for Jon, and for all her loved ones. :hug:
Very good post v4ts! I had a bag of emotions. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of Erin and Jon and getting to see more of the Erin we all care so deeply for and quickly saw why she tugged our hearts forever. She was a beautiful young soul with a special heart. Tbk and Jon did a great job as hard as it was for Jon. Everyone who had a small part in finding Erin and bringing justice were pretty amazing. I got chills and emotional as well.

I did learn a few things I didn't know or didn't remember and am very glad the door on Nichole isn't closed. My mother watched it with me and very early in the show my mom says Nichole is the one who did it. She knew nothing of the story beforehand. Of importance is Nichole called IM the morning Erin went missing and told her they would not be out that day because Nichole was "sick". NL and CL should rot in hell. No comments on CL and his testimony. Floored. My mother said he's the one who molested his daughter, not Erin. It was interesting seeing my mother's views coming from someone who knew nothing of the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I want to thank everyone for their support during this last 2+ years. I have read all of your comments, but for some reason on my phone I cannot press the Thanks button. Life has been a whirlwind since the trial started. I barely got home and it was time to make a 17 hour drive to our son's for Thanksgiving. Then it was time to fly to CA again. What a crazy fast trip that was. We got there late Monday, the sentencing and driving to Erin's garden on Tuesday, leaving early Wednesday to spend more time with my son's family. Playing with our youngest grands has been very therapeutic. Monday we take another 17 hour drive home. That is when I am thinking reality is going to hit.
Hugs TBK! You have been on a major physical and emotional rollercoaster this entire 2+ years. Hoping you get some down time to finally relax and take care of YOU for a change. You are an amazing lady and did an amazing job raising your precious Erin. Praying for you and your family. Now it's time to heal the hurt.

How is Jon? My heart hurt so bad for him. I bet he made a wonderful son-in-law, husband, and Marine.

I had no idea Jon was looked at so closely at the beginning...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would have been terrible detective work if they hadn't. The spouse HAS to be looked at closely, especially when the missing woman was pregnant...and when it was known she had an affair.

missed the first hour. dang it
God bless the good people that helped her.

Rushed home from playing hockey, only to find that it didn't record... its recorded every other dateline episode with no issues until now :anguish::anguish:

Available now online at http://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/the-last-day/3432505

We are all doing okay. Doing our best to figure out what life is without Erin.

We are all doing okay. Doing our best to figure out what life is without Erin.

I am so sorry. I cannot even imagine how difficult it must be. Especially with the holidays approaching fast. :rose: :grouphug:

When my niece passed away from an auto accident, we all used to have an empty chair and a place setting for her every holiday. I am not sure it really helped much though. It was bittersweet and was kind of a sad reminder. It has been 20 years and it has been so tough on her parents and sisters. :candle: But they have their grand babies to help them through the grief. And I am so relieved to know that you have that as well. Nothing can replace your beautiful daughter, but it is nice to have family to love and hug and carry on your lives with, in her honor and memory.

I thought the story was reported pretty accurately. We always cringe with media coverage, but they clearly spent a lot of time on this and I didn't feel like there were any major problems with the facts.

One note: We ALWAYS find our subjects on the last day of the search. Sometimes, we get lucky and that is also the first day.

Had she not been in any of the sites we visited on that "push day," we likely would have suspended it for a while and either planned another "push" to clear another high-probability area or waited for cooler weather. When someone is never found or recovered, SAR will often continue to make the area they disappeared in a training location for years afterward, as it increases the likelihood of closing it without extra effort.

The door on Nichole's involvement is not closed. Thank goodness.

I recorded Dateline, just finished watching.

I rewound and watched the Detective say "The door on Nichole's involvement is not closed" three times. It gave me immense satisfaction, and I believe he was speaking directly to her.

God bless you Truthbeknown. That song by MercyMe is playing in my head ...

Glad to come and see this thread title. I started watching Dateline last night and only got 1/2way through it. It was nice to see all the players and actually hear from her mother, Jon, and Isabelle Megli and see Nichole's picture. I've only followed online since seeing the case publicized on Jane Velez-Mitchell when Erin was still missing.

I doubt Nicole was there when it happened. But I do think that she was instrumental in making things happen.

But it was still his ultimate decision and we can't prosecute her for mouthing off to her husband about his mistress.

Plus he will probably not give her up since he still wants the possible conjugal visits that some inmates can still get I think.

Plus as of now; They can probably only get her for her knowledge that he did it.

But they can't get her on luring Erin to her death. Especially since CL already told the court that he did the luring and murder and cover up.

Jmo.

I doubt Nicole was there when it happened. But I do think that she was instrumental in making things happen.

But it was still his ultimate decision and we can't prosecute her for mouthing off to her husband about his mistress.

Plus he will probably not give her up since he still wants the possible conjugal visits that some inmates can still get I think.

Plus as of now; They can probably only get her for her knowledge that he did it.

But they can't get her on luring Erin to her death. Especially since CL already told the court that he did the luring and murder and cover up.

Jmo.

It's not about the legal technicalities Dex. The Detective was sending Nichole a message. They weren't able to charge and prosecute her, probably never will, but they know the truth.

It's not about the legal technicalities Dex. The Detective was sending Nichole a message. They weren't able to charge and prosecute her, probably never will, but they know the truth.
It won't be long and NL will move on. Once that happens is when I see CL spilling how the plan was really hatched.

Got a chance to watch the hour I missed. Again, thank God for the detectives, Cave guy and SARS.
Jon, such a young man, I see a lovely future for this kind, unassuming, sweet young man that doesn't seem to have a mean bone in his body. The lump in his throat from holding back tears will subside and there will be smiles again.
Erin's mom has it right. The peace she feels is from her daughter. Do not give him your heart. You have eyes wiser and kinder than most and that is your gift.
Ask questions about going forward. The prison system will contact you via mail through VINE about things you'd never think of. I've received a few out of the blue mailings that sneak up years later. One regarding whether we agreed to allow him to be featured in media on art the inmates where doing for veterans. I don't want you to be surprised like I was.
Try to find out the whys, the who's, and the whens of that contact so you are prepared. That knowledge will save you from the kick in the stomach from surprise mailings. Another heads up, on jury duty summons one of the questions asks if you have been a victim of a family members murder. That one knocked the wind out of me too when I checked yes. I never noticed that question before. I hope you stay on here. I find my intent to help others is very therapeutic.

Got a chance to watch the hour I missed. Again, thank God for the detectives, Cave guy and SARS.
Jon, such a young man, I see a lovely future for this kind, unassuming, sweet young man that doesn't seem to have a mean bone in his body. The lump in his throat from holding back tears will subside and there will be smiles again.
Erin's mom has it right. The peace she feels is from her daughter. Do not give him your heart. You have eyes wiser and kinder than most and that is your gift.
Ask questions about going forward. The prison system will contact you via mail through VINE about things you'd never think of. I've received a few out of the blue mailings that sneak up years later. One regarding whether we agreed to allow him to be featured in media on art the inmates where doing for veterans. I don't want you to be surprised like I was.
Try to find out the whys, the who's, and the whens of that contact so you are prepared. That knowledge will save you from the kick in the stomach from surprise mailings. Another heads up, on jury duty summons one of the questions asks if you have been a victim of a family members murder. That one knocked the wind out of me too when I checked yes. I never noticed that question before. I hope you stay on here. I find my intent to help others is very therapeutic.

Thank you so much for the heads up. So often it is the little things like that than put me over the edge. I to believe helping others can be very theraputic.

Thank you so much for the heads up. So often it is the little things like that than put me over the edge. I to believe helping others can be very theraputic.

Your daughter's case will probably also be used for decades to come in law-enforcement and SAR training. Normally, we don't include anything about the person's identity, but the details would immediately identify it to someone familiar with the case. To my knowledge, this was the largest AML (abandoned mine lands) search anyone has performed, so there were a lot of lessons learned about how to do future searches and rescues faster and safer.

Right now, we're working on getting funding to improve and get more "mine cams" out there. And someone from our team is doing a
presentation this week in front of all of the state and federal agencies that handle mine lands in CA and NV, so that they can be more aware.

Maybe there are some "green shoots" sprouting after a rain storm - I don't know.

I know this all too well. I understand. Somehow the big stuff we handle, it's the little things that aren't expected that gives us a run for our money. I'm so glad you have an inner peace. That makes me happy. Not everyone is able to have a soul like yours. You made me smile watching you on the show.

Your daughter's case will probably also be used for decades to come in law-enforcement and SAR training. Normally, we don't include anything about the person's identity, but the details would immediately identify it to someone familiar with the case. To my knowledge, this was the largest AML (abandoned mine lands) search anyone has performed, so there were a lot of lessons learned about how to do future searches and rescues faster and safer.

Right now, we're working on getting funding to improve and get more "mine cams" out there. And someone from our team is doing a
presentation this week in front of all of the state and federal agencies that handle mine lands in CA and NV, so that they can be more aware.

Maybe there are some "green shoots" sprouting after a rain storm - I don't know.

I am constantly looking for those "green shoots" after this rain storm. If this can be of help to SAR that is a little piece of good that has come out of the tragedy. Thank you for sharing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back