GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It will re-victimize Truth and family if they have to sit through another trial, that's just so wrong!! But SBC DA's Office presented a solid case against this sociopath. They got a conviction once, and a new jury will do the same. The instructions will have no bearing on the facts presented. Sickening the way our justice system works today.

I'm not 100% up to date on what the appeal is actually trying to accomplish?? A new trial for a lesser charge for a lesser sentence I assume based on an error on jury instructions?

At the end of the day the law is the law. If the judge made an error that could have changed the outcome of a jury decision on sentencing than it is the right of the defendant to appeal. As much I hate to say it and he should be ashamed of himself the appeal is what the law allows.

Go Inside the Real-Life NCIS for a Murder Investigation Tonight on 48 Hours: NCIS

On tonight, Erin's case....

"this summer, CBS News is taking us behind the scenes to show how the real NCIS agents, who were the inspiration for the drama, function. Each week for six weeks, 48 Hours: NCIS, narrated by NCIS star Rocky Carroll, will introduce viewers to the agents that have worked on some of the agency’s most significant investigations, who reveal step-by-step how they track killers, crack fraud cases, and how they hunt terrorists using street smarts and technology.

Tonight’s murder investigation is the case of 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who disappeared the morning of June 28, 2014, after saying goodbye to her husband, Corporal Jon Corwin for the final time.

The investigation into what happened to Erin, who was allegedly heading out for Joshua Tree National Park to scout out hiking trails, would expose a secret affair between two neighbors in the Marine Combat Base in Twentynine Palms, Calif.

“This isn’t a case. This is not a number – this is a human being,” says NCIS Special Agent Clifton Randolph in 48 Hours: NCIS: “The Marine’s Wife.” “You can’t forget that this person has a family, has a husband, has a mother. They wanted to know where Erin was. And you can’t forget it.”

..much more at link.

:grouphug: to Lore and Jon and family... we are still with you!

6:13 minute preview of show. It is at 10 pm eastern time on CBS

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/48-hours-ncis-investigating-disappearance-183658841.html?guccounter=1

erin video for post

I had not realized how much the military and NCIS was involved. They talk about Doug Billings and how he was so helpful in this preview. For those that don't recall, he is the one that knew of all the mines in the area.

Happy belated birthday SeesSeas!

ETA.. I am having problem with pasting the link with this new platform. The link says something strange, but it is correct. It goes to a video. I've got to figure this out with his new platform as it doesn't show the hyperlink for me to fix now.

Last edited:
I thought the Dateline coverage of this tragic story was excellent. I wouldn't have thought there'd be another close look at this, even more perspectives, also well done.
Liked this: “This isn’t a case. This is not a number – this is a human being,” Amen.

something that I don't recall from before, they said in the episode that Doug Billings was the person who created Erin's Garden. I did not recall that. I do wish they had shown a better photograph of that.

May -od bless him as he was so instrumental . .vs the person who shall go nameless which the episode gave so much Credence to. That was the only thing that I disagreed with in the episode.

something that I don't recall from before, they said in the episode that Doug Billings was the person who created Erin's Garden. I did not recall that. I do wish they had shown a better photograph of that.

May -od bless him as he was so instrumental . .

Doug is an incredible person. We have gotten really close. We are family now.

Yes, I know Truth will likely not discuss her, but I'd like to know what Nicole is up to myself. I just can't shake the feeling she should have been charged as an accessory to murder.

Yes, I know Truth will likely not discuss her, but I'd like to know what Nicole is up to myself. I just can't shake the feeling she should have been charged as an accessory to murder.

THIS!

Really surprised and sad that she was never charged.

It appears Jon has remarried and they are pregnant. I hope he has a wonderful and happy life!

Last edited:
Seeing more of Cave Doug was helpful in the CBS coverage. He appears really awesome. I.M. seemed more anti-Lees. Jon as not interviewed. More views of 29 Palms. Lore looked beautiful. I asked in another thread if anyone has an update on Jon or Nichole.
Jon is remarried, and moving on with his life as he should be.
I know without a doubt if they had enough evidence they would not hesitate to arrest Nichole. They aren't going to risk not getting a guilty verdict. It will happen when it is supposed to. Until then she has to live with knowing what part she played.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back