Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ JohnRoot Fitzpatrick, 55, missing, 30 Jul ‘23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have released the pictures of the van in the first place, and announced the areas where her/their phones last stopped pinging. They already knew who she was supposed to be with since they had the license number of the truck they were travelling in.

Why are they not saying these two missing people are connected, putting the people and the truck in one single missing person poster?

I think they had an accident, but the vagueness from LE is still making me wonder - is he also missing? - or on the run?

Last edited:
Should have released the pictures of the van in the first place, and announced the areas where her/their phones last stopped pinging. They already knew who she was supposed to be with since they had the license number of the truck they were travelling in.

Why are they not saying these two missing people are connected, putting the people and the truck in one single missing person poster?

I think they had an accident, but the vagueness from LE is still making me wonder - is he also missing? - or on the run?
It's very odd isn't it...slow to release details, vague at best...you'd think with a foreign national at risk more info would have been provided, hastily and earlier to find the missing woman

I’m not comfortable posting what that Hi-Desert Star updated article has included about JF’s legal run-ins, since he has not been named a POI. But, there is a paragraph there about it. At this point, we don’t know if it has any relevance to the missing status. MOO
Finally my thoughts on his military background are confirmed.

Anyone living in the area, is the train from LA to Palm Springs still in operation?

Finally my thoughts on his military background are confirmed.

Anyone living in the area, is the train from LA to Palm Springs still in operation?
Station closed as of 7/11/23. This is due to sandstorms. Amtrak Advisory | Station News - Palm Springs Station Temporarily Closed

Great question!

If the train wasn't/isn't running from L.A. to Palm Springs - -
Did Fang get picked up at Union Station? Or did she catch a bus to P.S. to meet up with her travel partner?
This change would open up more camera availability as to the pair engaging with one another on video.

For train options, there is also the metro link. It doesn’t go all the way to Palm Springs but the Redlands stop looks to be about 20 miles from “Morongo Basin” (According to google maps)

Interesting that he’s been added to Namus but she has not. Anyone know why that would be the case? They were both reported to the same agency - San Bernardino Sheriff's Department- Morongo Basin Station
Maybe they want China (embassy, gov't, relation(s) still there) to double check some information on her before they go posting her deets. There's at least a 12 hours time difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc