CA - FBI asks for help identifying pedophile

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now that I can see what is at the top of the DVD, it doesn't look like cough syrup to me because I can't see the top of the bottle. It looks more like a coke/beer generic type can with big lettering going across the lower part of it.

Does the hat look like it has 7001 and then Paint and then a phone number on it?

It looks to me like you can't see the top of the bottle because it has one of those plastic medicine cups inverted over the lid.

I seem to remember dosing my kids with medication from a bottle that looked like that. Robitussin maybe? Vicks 44? They had a series of "symptom specific" formulas with "don't give your kid medicine they don't need," so one was cough+decongestant with no tylenol for when the kid didn't have a fever, and one was cough+decongestant+tylenol for when he did have a fever, etc. I haven't seen them on the shelves for several years.

I think I can see the cough syrup now with the plastic cup over the top.
I wish I could see it better though.

I'm glad to hear that these pictures have been out for some time because he sure looked familiar to me and I don't know him. I must have seen these pictures a long while back.

Is that a DVD on the nightstand? If so, maybe it would help date the picture.

It looks to me like you can't see the top of the bottle because it has one of those plastic medicine cups inverted over the lid.

I seem to remember dosing my kids with medication from a bottle that looked like that. Robitussin maybe? Vicks 44? They had a series of "symptom specific" formulas with "don't give your kid medicine they don't need," so one was cough+decongestant with no tylenol for when the kid didn't have a fever, and one was cough+decongestant+tylenol for when he did have a fever, etc. I haven't seen them on the shelves for several years.

I did searches for a medicine with a red top and only came up with the ASDA brand out of the UK. Are there some that you know of that have/had a red cap? It was the reflection on the top of the bottle before the cap, that made me think it was cold medicine.

I downloaded the free trial of a very expensive photo editing program but haven't had the time yet to re-size the pics....I'm hoping tomorrow to get time to do so.

That'd be great if you could re-size the photos. My old eyes are just not good enough to make out most of what's in there :p

I believe you that there aren't any current products with a red cap. The ones I'm remembering would have been from around 1997-2004, something like that, and I wouldn't want to rely on my memory to swear to that.

Hm, what other products might have a red cap and a dosage cup?

Or is it just a Coke bottle with a small glass on top?

Are there any middle eastern type motels/hotels in the other possible states as the prints on the materials don't look familiar as American types nor that print on his t-shirt, or the ornamental gold design on the wall or headboard. I also see an American flag sticker behind the pervs head. Please forgive me as I just made it back to this thread.

We have the Notel motel or did have one. They showed *advertiser censored* on the tv & I believe many articles from way back hookers were busted there often or johns. Another road not far from that one that connects to it has many seedy motels or did have. I don't travel there too often, at least not for years anyway. I'm sure many towns have this type of area..wish we didn't.

jmo

Are there any middle eastern type motels/hotels in the other possible states as the prints on the materials don't look familiar as American types nor that print on his t-shirt, or the ornamental gold design on the wall or headboard. I also see an American flag sticker behind the pervs head. Please forgive me as I just made it back to this thread.

We have the Notel motel or did have one. They showed *advertiser censored* on the tv & I believe many articles from way back hookers were busted there often or johns. Another road not far from that one that connects to it has many seedy motels or did have. I don't travel there too often, at least not for years anyway. I'm sure many towns have this type of area..wish we didn't.

jmo

Good thinking. I couldn't identify the cig pack and looked on the web for many packages. Unless its generic, it must be foreign. It's not Canadian or UK to the best of my research. Are

Good thinking. I couldn't identify the cig pack and looked on the web for many packages. Unless its generic, it must be foreign. It's not Canadian or UK to the best of my research. Are

See post #70 on page 3 of this thread. The cigarettes are "Best Value" - a generic brand distributed by Phillip Morris. There is a link to a packaging picture at the post.

Here's an easy link for you to #70: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FBI asks for help identifying pedophile

Maybe a bit, but it's so hard to guess ethnicity from a photo like this - especially as he is older and his hair is gray/white. People's facial structures change as they age, and if this person has rosacea that could be the cause of what I see as a rounded, more bulbous nose. I think it's more likely he is of European/Caucasian descent, but again, it's just too hard to tell, IMO - from these pictures especially.

Any ethnic resemblence to this guy?
http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10473321

My first impressions:

Why does he have his socks or other white material wrapped around his neck? It doesn't look like a towel to me but more like socks. Could he have tattoos on his neck that he knew would ID him? Prison tatts? What of radiation tatts??? My Dad had tatts on his chest for radiation but do they tatt the necks of people for radiation in the thyroid area etc...? He has those black marks under his eyes that tell me he is not too far from death, IMO. Not just allergy or old age but deep black like bruising. My Dad had them the week before he passed. I also think this because his lips are so purple, definitely some oxygen deprivation going on there. If these pictures are indeed from back in 2005 I would be truly surprised if this man is still alive. He looks like the walking dead to me.

Is that his sock on his foot that is the white area near his rear or is that where his pants are split?

I don't think it looks like a motel but more of a cheap efficiency where they would not even attempt to remove the flag sticker from the headboard.

The way the paper or whatever is leaning, that is under the hat, may be because it is sitting on an old style telephone like motels still use. The angle appears to be the same to me. He may have put the paper there to cover the phone number and then simply removed his hat and thrown it there later.

He appears to be in his late 60's or early 70's, to me. I say this because his hair line does not look to be the kind of hairline we see in early male pattern baldness but more of old age or even how hair grows back in after chemo.

His arm is outstretched like he is the one doing the picture taking, IMO.

There is a charger like we use with cell phones. Sitting to the left of that it looks like there is an electronic device (cell?) of some sort that is barely visible, lying flat, under the white towel or paper. It shows the openings for adapters etc...

The bottle looks like a pint bottle of alcohol with the red paper label/sticker that breaks the seal when it is first opened but I can not see it well enough to even guess, really.

I'll try to put the pics up on the big screen tonight, when everybody has gone to bed, to see what I can see.

Just 1st impressions from very small pics.

JMO

PS, I agree with whoever said it upthread - he does look strangely familiar for some reason.

My first impressions:

Why does he have his socks or other white material wrapped around his neck? It doesn't look like a towel to me but more like socks. Could he have tattoos on his neck that he knew would ID him? Prison tatts? What of radiation tatts??? My Dad had tatts on his chest for radiation but do they tatt the necks of people for radiation in the thyroid area etc...? He has those black marks under his eyes that tell me he is not too far from death, IMO. Not just allergy or old age but deep black like bruising. My Dad had them the week before he passed. I also think this because his lips are so purple, definitely some oxygen deprivation going on there. If these pictures are indeed from back in 2005 I would be truly surprised if this man is still alive. He looks like the walking dead to me.

Is that his sock on his foot that is the white area near his rear or is that where his pants are split?

I don't think it looks like a motel but more of a cheap efficiency where they would not even attempt to remove the flag sticker from the headboard.

The way the paper or whatever is leaning, that is under the hat, may be because it is sitting on an old style telephone like motels still use. The angle appears to be the same to me. He may have put the paper there to cover the phone number and then simply removed his hat and thrown it there later.

He appears to be in his late 60's or early 70's, to me. I say this because his hair line does not look to be the kind of hairline we see in early male pattern baldness but more of old age or even how hair grows back in after chemo.

His arm is outstretched like he is the one doing the picture taking, IMO.

There is a charger like we use with cell phones. Sitting to the left of that it looks like there is an electronic device (cell?) of some sort that is barely visible, lying flat, under the white towel or paper. It shows the openings for adapters etc...

The bottle looks like a pint bottle of alcohol with the red paper label/sticker that breaks the seal when it is first opened but I can not see it well enough to even guess, really.

I'll try to put the pics up on the big screen tonight, when everybody has gone to bed, to see what I can see.

Just 1st impressions from very small pics.

JMO

PS, I agree with whoever said it upthread - he does look strangely familiar for some reason.

Thank you for putting your finger on what this old man looks like. Somebody above mentioned drugs and others said old alchoholic, but you're right, he looks like he's dying. I suppose it could be the lighting, but...yeah.

I think he's got a neckscarf on. If you look at the closeup photo, you can see some fringe. That's the kind of thing a very sick or dying person will do. Also, in the closeup, you can tell he's not even looking at whatever's happening in front of him. His eyes are turned down, maybe at the floor in front of the bed. Because of that, I don't think he's doing the camera.

Ahhh, Carbuff, TY TY! Perhaps he is trying to "wave off" whoever is taking the pictures.

I agree he is looking downward, I just assumed that was where the ten year old was (ugh). And... that he was taking a pic of himself and the child both but now that I look at it more I don't see how that could be possible, though it might be.
You are right, he looks "glazed over" as if trying to tune it out, maybe?

OH!!! Now there's a thought! Perhaps the old guy has a stoma and the blue nasal aspirator is for his stoma and not for a child...
It would make more sense as I could not place the nasal aspirator in context with no baby mentioned.

And don't men with stomas just hate shaving?

Ahhh, Carbuff, TY TY! Perhaps he is trying to "wave off" whoever is taking the pictures.

I agree he is looking downward, I just assumed that was where the ten year old was (ugh). And... that he was taking a pic of himself and the child both but now that I look at it more I don't see how that could be possible, though it might be.
You are right, he looks "glazed over" as if trying to tune it out, maybe?

OH!!! Now there's a thought! Perhaps the old guy has a stoma and the blue nasal aspirator is for his stoma and not for a child...
It would make more sense as I could not place the nasal aspirator in context with no baby mentioned.

And don't men with stomas just hate shaving?

That could be. I don't have any direct experience with stomas. But if he's ill, that red-capped bottle could be his as well.

The description in the original article made it sound like this guy was in the background, not involved.

I don't have any experience with stomas either. I have just seen the recent anti-smoking commercials where the guy says to be careful shaving and he is shaving as if to be sure and not suck hairs into his stoma. Thinking more about it though, wouldn't the scarf block the airflow and prevent him from breathing? I guess it could be arranged loosely though?

I found this, maybe he could not afford actual medical supplies and wore the scarf to keep dust out.
http://www.brucemedical.com/ovalstomacover.html

This is the Advox that people who have stomas can talk through. Could this be what I think I see under the towel or paper by the black plug in charger at his head board area? http://www.brucemedical.com/adpevoam.html and http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/brucemedical_2239_896749

I have been looking at IOWA shirts to see if that is what that shirt says.
Does anybody have any other ideas as to what the shirt may say?

I don't have any experience with stomas either. I have just seen the recent anti-smoking commercials where the guy says to be careful shaving and he is shaving as if to be sure and not suck hairs into his stoma. Thinking more about it though, wouldn't the scarf block the airflow and prevent him from breathing? I guess it could be arranged loosely though?

I found this, maybe he could not afford actual medical supplies and wore the scarf to keep dust out.
http://www.brucemedical.com/ovalstomacover.html

I have been looking at IOWA shirts to see if that is what that shirt says.
Does anybody have any other ideas as to what the shirt may say?

I haven't seen that ad. I had wondered that about the scarf, as well. I can't tell how tightly it might be wound around his neck. I was thinking it might just be for cosmetic reasons.

I can't see the t-shirt very clearly but I thought it might be letters made out of whimsical characters of some kind? Can't tell for sure though. I'd guess it was a longer word than Iowa, but Iowa would fit.

To me, it appears the letters in IOWA are made from images of cartoon fish.
I don't know how the shape of a tomahawk in the letter I fits in with an IOWA theory though???? Maybe not.

I am starting to wonder if he also may have a medical device under his shirt in the left belly area but only because it is a weird shaped bulge. It could be nothing.

Or most likely I am just getting tired.
Good night all. :)

jmo

It just occured to me that motels/hotels usually don't have dvd players to play the movie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter
Back