GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
carlo_mercado_arraign_1403729348222_6522010_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

No more guest-at-a-wedding photo!

http://www.10news.com/news/arraignme...ossible-motive

I'll provide a link as soon as KGTV updates their Web site but I'm paraphrasing what the prosecutor said to interviews ... investigation remains on-going due to lots of twists and turns they've uncovered. To me, a hit seems to be back on the table but if that's the case, he's the worst hitman ever by getting caught redhanded with a silencer!

He looks so bloated and sick!

Just getting caught up here. Thank you all for posting the current picture! I for one had a hard time looking at a young man who looked like he had promise in his life. in his wedding event picture The recent photo shows a lot more and he does look disheveled and somewhat out of it. I did notice scratches on his neck but he was obviously not injured. Hence the suicide/phyc info we see makes sense.

On KFMB @ 5:00pm they reported that his attorney did not dispute the "no bail" ruling and because of that the DA did not have to speak in regards to the evidence against him. I will post the link as soon as it's available on video.

My heart hurts for Sal, Gianni and Ilona as they were taken much to soon in a such a selfish act. I also pray for the families of the Belvedere's, Flint and Mercado families as they are also victims in this tragedy.

I see what looks like skin folds on his neck, maybe some acne. It's blurry though and I do have bad vision. Could be scratches!
Just getting caught up here. Thank you all for posting the current picture! I for one had a hard time looking at a young man who looked like he had promise in his life. in his wedding event picture The recent photo shows a lot more and he does look disheveled and somewhat out of it. I did notice scratches on his neck but he was obviously not injured. Hence the suicide/phyc info we see makes sense.

On KFMB @ 5:00pm they reported that his attorney did not dispute the "no bail" ruling and because of that the DA did not have to speak in regards to the evidence against him. I will post the link as soon as it's available on video.

My heart hurts for Sal, Gianni and Ilona as they were taken much to soon in a such a selfish act. I also pray for the families of the Belvedere's, Flint and Mercado families as they are also victims in this tragedy.

Totally unclear to me how this defendant would be linked to Sal/Gianni/Ilona, except by happenstance--as far as we know.

And, it seems like a lucky break that he was apprehended with weapons linked to this murder.

On the other hand, if this guy had any expectation that he would not be ID'ed as the perpetrator, his luck ran out pretty fast.

I see what looks like skin folds on his neck, maybe some acne. It's blurry though and I do have bad vision. Could be scratches!
Are y'all sure he just took Tylenol. Those marks on his neck are very defined. Could be my display, I suppose.

Are y'all sure he just took Tylenol. Those marks on his neck are very defined. Could be my display, I suppose.

Tried to blow it up but big surprise...I'm terrible at this stuff! IMO there are definite scratches and his right lower jaw area and neck (yes lots of acne too). Not that any of that matters as long as he is in custody!

Will we ever find out what the motive was?

Triple murder suspect pleads not guilty
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/Triple-murder-suspect-to-be-arraigned-Wednesday-264604801.html

"Outside court Wednesday, Deputy District Attorney Brian Erickson would not comment on a possible motive."
"At this point, you know, motive can be anything," the prosecutor said. "It is an ongoing investigation."

"Erickson would not confirm or deny whether Mercado knew any of the victims, but said “it was not a random act.”

His attorney uses fancy words when really his client got caught with a bunch of weapons including an illegal silencer possibly used to murder. :facepalm:

"Mercado's attorney, Michael Berg, said his client was "dismayed" about being arrested and charged with the murders."

"Berg said Mercado -- whom he called a gun aficionado --..."

(aficionado-a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity)

BBM

I apologize if this was already suggested but eBay if Mercado sought a job with the Belvedere's? But was turned down or fired soon after employment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOT RANDOM.

Omg, it feels good to know something, lol. Just needed to repeat it. :-)
Will we ever find out what the motive was?

Triple murder suspect pleads not guilty
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/Triple-murder-suspect-to-be-arraigned-Wednesday-264604801.html

"Outside court Wednesday, Deputy District Attorney Brian Erickson would not comment on a possible motive."
"At this point, you know, motive can be anything," the prosecutor said. "It is an ongoing investigation."

"Erickson would not confirm or deny whether Mercado knew any of the victims, but said “it was not a random act.”

His attorney uses fancy words when really his client got caught with a bunch of weapons including an illegal silencer possibly used to murder. :facepalm:

"Mercado's attorney, Michael Berg, said his client was "dismayed" about being arrested and charged with the murders."

"Berg said Mercado -- whom he called a gun aficionado --..."

(aficionado-a person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity)

BBM

Crimes like these with no apparent motive are maddening to me.

I've been thinking he must've gotten to Gianni first, and then still went after Ilona, ...but Sal wasn't even planned to be there. He had to borrow the Dad's car to pick Ilona up when Gianni didn't show up. Do I have that right?

It seems so happenstance unless he somehow knew or communicated with someone. Hard to believe he acted alone. Did he have to do away with all three because they'd all know he did it if he just got Gianni?

Why didn't CM dispose of the weapons sooner? I know he's a gun aficionado, but those weapons should have been disposed of immediately.

Here I am, lost in a maze, stuck in my head, losing my mind while doing my laundry.

He looks so bloated and sick!
Yeah he doesn't look like the guy I thought looked like him at target the older picture does. Just because he works in Mira Mesa doesn't mean he can't work at a different store if they are short on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen