CA - Hannah,16,Devonte,15,&Ciera Hart,12 (fnd deceased),Mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that's not making sense to me is earlier I was thinking this might've been done to save their reputations. Make it look like an accident. JH and/or SH might not have known about a black box on their vehicle (I didn't know till this case), but they had to know bodies would be autopsied when located. So there would be proof it likely was not an accidental run off a cliff. I'm wondering if whatever they were running from would've cost them more than public humiliation and the kids being taken away, it would've been more like prison for one or both of them?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but this latest news with tox results makes the lack of anyone wearing seat belts more understandable to me.

Yeah, I'm thinking they pulled in there. Everyone took off their seatbelts and took the meds. Jen had some alcohol to help her. Then they settled in for a nights sleep next to the ocean.

Maybe she dissolved it in milk served it up in cereal along with those bananas she was seen buying in the market

I'm not sure about anyone else, but this latest news with tox results makes the lack of anyone wearing seat belts more understandable to me.

I agree. While there "could" be some innocuous explanation for any one of the components, taken together they paint a picture of someone intentionally dulling the senses to get up the nerve to drive off a cliff. Hence the hesitation at the turnout, before accelerating over the edge at a 90 degree angle to the flow of ordinary traffic. The lack of seatbelts made death more likely, IMO, and was also intentional. Perhaps they thought they'd die faster and easier without seatbelts.

Somewhere between the overnight stay at the small town location in Oregon, and that cliff turnout in CA, the decision was made to end it all. I'm leaning toward the idea that Sarah was in on it, too. Perhaps Jen just kept driving south until all the kids and Sarah were finally asleep. Maybe she was drinking the whole time she drove while waiting for them to fall asleep. I suspect heavily that it was dark outside, middle of the night. Maybe Jen pulled off to get some alcohol, and drank it all before heading on south, so there was no evidence of bottles in the car.

Anyway, it appears this was all planned and orchestrated, most likely by Jen, the driver +/- Sarah's explicit cooperation and agreement, +/- the kids cooperation and agreement.

I don't think we'll ever really know what happened for hours inside that car, while they were still driving south. What they talked about, what they agreed on, or not. Whether the kids knew the end was coming, or not.

IMO, I was surprised when LE made a statement, very early in the investigation that drugs/alcohol were not involved. At the time, I wondered how they could know that without running the proper tests.

Perhaps they meant there was no evidence of drugs/alcohol at the scene? If that was the case, and there were no liquor bottles/empty beer cans or other items associated with using substances, I wish they would have said exactly that.

And even if there was no physical evidence at the crash scene, that's still not an indication that drugs/alcohol did not play some part in the incident. Not that it makes any difference now, but I wonder if LE actually reads (or proofreads) their own reports when they appear in MSM.

Honeslty? This is just another thing they’ve had to recant. I’m just waiting for them to decide it was an accident. They’ve corrected pretty much everything else they’ve announced.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/us/hart-family-child-protective-services-reports/index.html

This article mentions that DH told the neighbors that one time his meal was withheld from him because his mom did not like the way he put food into a box.

During one visit, Devonte said one of his mothers withheld his meal because he didn't put food in a box the way she instructed.
The neighbor told state investigators that Devonte looked "distorted," and his frame was "tinier than his head," with small shoulders.

I think
they just mean Diphenhydramine.

Yes, and stomach contents, and small intestine, will be examined as well. Looking for pill frags, capsule frags, etc. If the blood levels were high, it's likely it was consumed more than 2 hours after ingestion, so stomach motility would move it along. No fragments = longer interval since ingestion-- UNLESS the liquid form was ingested. I'm sure they are scouring the car and items recovered to see if there were any OTC bottles or boxes with meds containing difenhydramine. Also spelled diphenhydramine! :)

Yes, and stomach contents, and small intestine, will be examined as well. Looking for pill frags, capsule frags, etc. If the blood levels were high, it's likely it was consumed more than 2 hours after ingestion, so stomach motility would move it along. No fragments = longer interval since ingestion-- UNLESS the liquid form was ingested. I'm sure they are scouring the car and items recovered to see if there were any OTC bottles or boxes with meds containing difenhydramine. Also spelled diphenhydramine! :)

Yes and what was in their home or purchased at Safeway or anywhere else for that matter.

Her alcohol level at time of death could have been a lot higher than at autopsy, FWIW.

I felt in was in the category of unacceptable speculation before as any kind of contributing factor to the crash, but I always suspected alcohol was part of Jen's coping methods; there was never any overt pointing to a "drinky" Jen, but rages, and hiding, and perfectionism and curated public image are just some general things that are sometimes seen in functional alcoholics.
The thing that really made me suspect it, however, were all the pics of the kids pictured "horsing around" (or posed) with wine and martini glasses, and then there was that bizarre /that happened facebook post about teens razzing Jen about whiskey in the thermos (that was them punking her with a bottle of hot chocolate).

So it's still unknown if this tank up on liquid courage was a one-off, or a very chronic problem. But I have my reasons to think she has more than one thing in common with Diane Schuler.

That cliff does not look that high too me to purposely commit suicide. How do we know they died instantly. They don't know how long the SUV was there. People have accidently gone over cliffs on Pacific coast highway and survived. Being high on Benadryl and booze isnt it possible to veer off a cliff going fast around the curves? It gets so foggy and slippery on that road. It would be hard to navigate being intoxicated and sleepy.

Im sure it was suicide. I just don't want to believe people could be this evil as much as I hated those two child abusers.

Honeslty? This is just another thing they’ve had to recant. I’m just waiting for them to decide it was an accident. They’ve corrected pretty much everything else they’ve announced.

I think it's really interesting that they have not announced that there were any bags or suitcases, backpacks, etc recovered that indicate it was a planned overnight trip. No camping supplies announced, etc. And they have not released any info on gas stops, whether anyone or security cameras caught the kids doing a bathroom break, etc.

I personally think they stopped sparingly for gas, probably paid cash. Slept in turn offs, if at all. No hotels. Made the kids pee in the woods or on the side of the road at turnoffs, or possibly at rest stops. I'm sure they have scoured all of the available footage from rest stops and gas stations along the route. Guessing the only evidence they found is the bananas pic of Jen, or they'd have released others.

Not a single witness has come forward in the media to say they saw the family.

I picture them driving around aimlessly in the first Oregon area for 24 hours, trying to decide what to do, until the decision was made to drive south. Then they probably didn't stop much at all.

Would be interesting to know if Jen bought the benadryl when she bought the bananas, or if they had it in their belongings all along. Police haven't revealed what all was on the shopping transaction-- but I'm sure they know exactly what items were purchased with the bananas.

That cliff does not look that high too me to purposely commit suicide. How do we know they died instantly. They don't know how long the SUV was there. People have accidently gone over cliffs on Pacific coast highway and survived. Being high on Benadryl and booze isnt it possible to veer off a cliff going fast around the curves? It gets so foggy and slippery on that road. It would be hard to navigate being intoxicated and sleepy.

Im sure it was suicide. I just don't want to believe people could be this evil as much as I hated those two child abusers.

Well you can't swim if you've been drugged.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/us/hart-family-child-protective-services-reports/index.html

This article mentions that DH told the neighbors that one time his meal was withheld from him because his mom did not like the way he put food into a box.

During one visit, Devonte said one of his mothers withheld his meal because he didn't put food in a box the way she instructed.
The neighbor told state investigators that Devonte looked "distorted," and his frame was "tinier than his head," with small shoulders.

Little details keep coming out here and there...

IMO

Yes and what was in their home or purchased at Safeway or anywhere else for that matter.

When the search warrant was executed in their home, I saw an article saying they confiscated prescription drugs.

No mention of whose name the prescriptions were for or what drugs were in the bottles.

Her alcohol level at time of death could have been a lot higher than at autopsy, FWIW.

I felt in was in the category of unacceptable speculation before as any kind of contributing factor to the crash, but I always suspected alcohol was part of Jen's coping methods; there was never any overt pointing to a "drinky" Jen, but rages, and hiding, and perfectionism and curated public image are just some general things that are sometimes seen in functional alcoholics.
The thing that really made me suspect it, however, were all the pics of the kids pictured "horsing around" (or posed) with wine and martini glasses, and then there was that bizarre /that happened facebook post about teens razzing Jen about whiskey in the thermos (that was them punking her with a bottle of hot chocolate).

So it's still unknown if this tank up on liquid courage was a one-off, or a very chronic problem. But I have my reasons to think she has more than one thing in common with Diane Schuler.

I agree. The pics of the kids with the alcohol glasses were very concerning to me. I wonder if the kids did get to drink.
I thought it was an anomaly because they were so controlling in other ways. The perfect house. The loving images. The alcohol, and several posts about the alcohol, did not fit into the image, to me. So big red flag.

My apologies if this has been posted already. Not sure if the LA Times has a paywall or not. This is just from my Google alert.

Woman was under the influence when she drove car off cliff, killing family on Mendocino County coast
The driver of a vehicle that plunged off a Northern California cliff in a car crash last month that killed at least four family members was under the influence of alcohol, and the crash appears intentional, authorities said today.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hart-family-blood-alcohol-20180413-story.html

I wonder if Sarah being so ill she might have to go to the hospital in the text she sent to her friend at 3am had something to do with being drugged? Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members