CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But we won't know for sure exactly what the jurors thought, Aidala said, because they declined to speak about their verdict to prosecutors or defense lawyers, as is their right.
Jury foreman BC told reporters from the New York Daily News and the New York Post he was "happy" with the verdict, though the lengthy trial, which began with jury selection on Jan. 6, took a toll on him as part of the group of seven men and five women who weighed Weinstein's fate.

“It was stressful,” Cody told reporters who followed him back to his apartment after the jury was dismissed midday on Monday. “The whole thing, it was long, long. I’ve been away from my family a long time.”

Harvey Weinstein hospitalized after guilty verdict; jury foreman speaks

Last edited:
I feel like I'm virtually in this crowd, watching for him to be released from Bellevue to make the trip to Rikers. (And I wonder if they'll exit through another door to avoid the press?)

Alyssa Paolicelli on Twitter

Dozens of cameras are set up outside of
@BellevueHosp
waiting for an update from #Weinstein’s attorney on his condition. #Weinstein was rerouted to Bellevue while en route to an infirmary on Rikers Island reportedly because of chest pains.
@NY1

Oh good news. He's upbeat. (Gimme a break)

Ayana Harry PIX11

@AyanaHarry

·
1m

WEINSTEIN IN “GOOD SPIRITS”: Arthur Aidala just visited Harvey Weinstein at Bellevue. Aidala said Weinstein is getting visits from friends and family, staying in a “pretty typical” hospital room and is “upbeat.” Aidala says a team of attorneys are working on his appeal
@PIX11News

Ayana Harry PIX11 on Twitter

edited to fix link

Oh good news. He's upbeat. (Gimme a break)

Ayana Harry PIX11

@AyanaHarry

·
1m

WEINSTEIN IN “GOOD SPIRITS”: Arthur Aidala just visited Harvey Weinstein at Bellevue. Aidala said Weinstein is getting visits from friends and family, staying in a “pretty typical” hospital room and is “upbeat.” Aidala says a team of attorneys are working on his appeal
@PIX11News

Ayana Harry PIX11 on Twitter

edited to fix link

He's getting visits from family and friends, and everything is typical? No, that is not typical.

BBM:

"* Visits to DOC Hospital Prison Wards located in Bellevue Hospital and Elmhurst Hospital occur on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Registration hours for the Bellevue Hospital Prison Ward are from 1:45 p.m. to 7 p.m. Visits are permitted from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m."

It just turned 2pm on a Tuesday as I typed this post. So he's not getting typical treatment if he's already had visitors.

Visiting Schedule - DOC

Not even handcuffed in his spacious room?? Won’t file an appeal until after sentenced per state law....

Harvey Weinstein is 'flabbergasted by the verdict,' defense attorney says

"He is somewhat flabbergasted by the verdict," Aidala said. "He doesn't know how this happened."

Aidala vowed Weinstein will file an appeal but he will have to wait until after his sentencing on March 11, per New York state law.

Aidala said Weinstein was not handcuffed in his spacious hospital room but that there were correctional officers stationed in the hall. He said while Weinstein is "not the picture of health by any stretch of the imagination" it was just a "precautionary measure" to bring him to the hospital. He said it was up to doctors and the judge when he will be released.

Not even handcuffed in his spacious room?? Won’t file an appeal until after sentenced per state law....

Harvey Weinstein is 'flabbergasted by the verdict,' defense attorney says

"He is somewhat flabbergasted by the verdict," Aidala said. "He doesn't know how this happened."

Aidala vowed Weinstein will file an appeal but he will have to wait until after his sentencing on March 11, per New York state law.

Aidala said Weinstein was not handcuffed in his spacious hospital room but that there were correctional officers stationed in the hall. He said while Weinstein is "not the picture of health by any stretch of the imagination" it was just a "precautionary measure" to bring him to the hospital. He said it was up to doctors and the judge when he will be released.
If it were precautionary last night....what the heck is he still doing there if he's doing okay. They have an infirmary on Rikers.

Would ANY other convicted rapist be allowed this? I seriously doubt it. Anyone else would be on Rikers, imo.

jmo

"Harvey Weinstein hired a 'prison consultant’ before his rape conviction to help prepare him for his time behind bars, his rep told The Post on Tuesday.

The life-behind-bars expert is not a psychologist, but he is helping Weinstein’s camp with logistics, for example, making sure he gets the proper medical care in jail, said spokesman Juda Engelmayer."

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/25/harv...9.1509658474.1581907594-1571985433.1581907594

Not surprised - and don't blame him for hiring a consultant to learn prison ways, but this does seem like a "ploy" he learned from the consultant to avoid Rikers and play the system. IMO.

sorry if this has been covered, i haven't followed the whole thread, but when Jessica Mann described his genitalia she said 'no testicles and a penis that looks like a vagina'... another witness said it looked like his penis had been cut off and sewn back on and he had no testicles..... i am so confused about this. why would he have no testicles? could he have Klinefelter syndrome? I am just so baffled...

That was odd. I have no idea what she meant. Anyone have a clue?

That was odd. I have no idea what she meant. Anyone have a clue?
There is likely nothing in this world I care less about than Weinstein's body, but in these types of cases, a description is often included to verify the witnesses know what they are talking about. Any unique characteristics are noted as proof the testimony is against this particular defendant. If a witness got the description wrong, that would undermine the testimony.

In that light, I don't think his appearance has anything to do with anything and I hope we don't delve into a conversation about it. My opinion only.

jmo

From the link:

"Though there is no evidence to suggest that Ziv being hit by a car is in any way related to the Weinstein trial, this may be seen as suspicious by some given the timing of the incident. Weinstein’s history of having people followed is well-documented; so are alleged threats against those who have spoken out against him.

Investigative reporter Ronan Farrow, for instance, once said he feared for his safety when working on a story about Weinstein."

Just to make sure we all know - she is in the hospital, not a fatal hit.

jmo

I binge watched Net flix “Unbelievable”
Spoiler kinda-
-
-
It’s about a woman accused of lying about her rape.
It then follows many brutal rapes.
The thing that struck me was...All the women say and act like they are “fine” ...but they are not. Life , pressure, family, jobs leave them no time to process what happened to them. Lots of people do not believe them.
They are required to retell what happened over & over.
You as a viewer actually find yourself going ...hmmmmm?
I brought it up because watching it got me more in touch
with the HW victim witnesses.

Loved Toni Collette & Merritt Wever as the detectives!
MOO

Last edited:
Inmate No. 06581138Z: What Awaits Harvey Weinstein Behind Bars
Yes, he’s going to Rikers, but he’ll be at a medical unit where he will have a television and possibly a private pay phone, too.
Feb. 25, 2020
[...]

Department of Correction

Inmate Details
WEINSTEIN, HARVEY
NYSID: 06581138Z
Year of Birth: 1952
Sex: Male
Race: White
Height: 5 ft 11 inches
Weight: 210 lbs
Hair Color: Brown