CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The muffin drop is new to me, and this may have been brought up before (apologies). Firstly, leaving knocking quickly and dropping baked goods gives off apology/get well soon vibes too me. Maybe there was an argument the week before? But, I’ve worked with men like JS before and I find it really hard to believe that he would think to do this on his own. It’s something I would tell my own husband or boss to do, and I find it unlikely that JS wouldn’t send an assistant to do it (he strikes me as the kind that probably has a personal assistant).

Likely the first time he has EVER made a personal delivery of 'snacks'........

I'm not sure when the ex husband communicated with her office looking for her, I believe it was after she missed the Wednesday pick up of the son?
I'm sorry; I don't understand the point you are making? The Ex wouldn't have to communicate with her boss about her being missing, IMO. It seems to me they would have realized she was missing (or at least not at work?) before her Ex would. Since, presumably, they would have expected her "at work." Whatever that means in her situation; she may have worked out of her home.

10/17/21 - HP seen on home video surveillance getting into silver Range Rover with dog, Seven, to go to son's (BW) football game in Downey. (Source: CBS, 10/29/21)

10/17/21 - JW (ex-husband) states HP appeared distracted and left football game at halftime. (Source: CBS, 10/29/21)

10/17/21- Seven is found wandering 28th floor of Hope & Flowers apartment building three hours after HP leaves football game. (Source: CBS, 10/29/21)

10/18/21 - JW tries to contact HP to discuss matters re: BW and cannot reach her. Sends friend to check on her at her home. HP's cell phone was on counter, but HP was not. (Source: Fox, 11/3/21)

10/18/21 or 10/19/21 - JS stops by HP's home, rings the doorbell and then places muffins on the doorstep when she does not answer. (Source: CBS, 11/5/21)

10/20/21 - HP does not pick up BW from school as planned. (Source: Fox, 11/3/21)

10/20/21 - JW files missing person report with LAPD. A wellness check was performed at HP's home. Home was "pristine, but phone and laptops were left behind.) (Source: Fox, 11/3/21; NBC, 11/1/21)

10/21/21 - JW and DS return to home and begin to go through phone left at the home to search for information on where HP may be. (Source: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace, 11/3/21)

10/21/21 - JW receives call from SEC re: HP's boss, Jason Sugarman. (Source: Fox, 11/3/21)

10/27/21 - LAPD Missing Persons Unit requests public assistance in locating HP. (Source: LAPD MPU Twitter, 10/27/21)

10/29/21 - Investigators obtain search warrant for HP's home and enter home with guns drawn on Friday evening. (Source: CBS, 10/29/21)

11/3/21 - JW tells Daily Mail he spoke with Sugarman's assistant and overheard Sugarman in the background saying "Make sure he knows I want my laptop." JW states he did not return the laptop and instead turned it over to police. (Source: Daily Mail, 11/3/21)

11/3/21 - JW tells Nancy Grace H+F is cooperating with LE. He also says Range Rover, purse, spare phone and computer have not been found. (Source: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace, 11/3/21)

Updated timeline and added to the media/timeline thread that placed at the beginning of each new thread.

I'm so confused. So the dog was found but no one knew until the next day when JW sent the friend to HP's house to check for her and she took HP's phone back to JW and he saw texts? Was it the next day or a few days later when she failed to pick her son up? Are her electronics missing or were they at the house when her friend went to check? She only grabbed HP personal cell? Did anyone make a timeline? Even though at this point does anyone know what is actually accurate?
The early reports were that the people who found the dog had it for five days before he picked it up.

And the information about the phones has changed so many times, it's confusing.

The muffin drop:

Investigators Continuing Their Search For Heidi Planck Find More Video

The video shows Planck’s boss, Jason Sugarman, ringing her doorbell before leaving a box of muffins on her doorstep.

Sugarman, though not indicated by law enforcement officials as a person of interest in the case, has raised the suspicions of many of Planck’s friends.

The narrator on the news clip indicates the video was taken "a day or two after she went missing." (She was last seen 10/17, so this would have been Monday or Tuesday, after she hadn't shown up to work or responded to calls, I would assume. JMO, MOO)

Edited for clarity.

This is a perfect example of why it is so difficult to get any reliable info from the many "news" sources in this case. The narrator says the video was taken "a day or two after she went missing". Granted, in the big scheme of things, this may not amount to a hill of beans, but surely it is known what day the video was taken. We can't even get the most basic facts in this case, and probably, by the time this gets picked up by a few more "news" sources, we will know not only the day, but probably the flavor and what bakery they came from, (according to some unnamed source who will have allegedly seen him purchasing them). Never seen a case here quite as convoluted as this one. JMO

Bizarre, he didn't even wait to give her a chance to open the door. Wonder what else that ring camera has on it? LE released this for a reason, imo.

I think it's a shout out to JS - as in, we see you.

It also publicly connects him to her. I don't mean it's an accusation but I'm sure there are people who are skeptical of a connection.

Also, if I thought the girl who was working for me had embezzled money from my company, I wouldn't be showing up to her house with muffins.

I'm sorry; I don't understand the point you are making? The Ex wouldn't have to communicate with her boss about her being missing, IMO. It seems to me they would have realized she was missing (or at least not at work?) before her Ex would. Since, presumably, they would have expected her "at work." Whatever that means in her situation; she may have worked out of her home.
The ex said he communicated with her work and yes, it was after she was reported missing. He said that he was talking to Sugarman's assistant and he was in the loud in the background heard saying "tell him I want the laptop back" and then he said on another call that his assistant said that HP was siphoning money from the company and they had proof and sent him her personal financial and bank account statements.

He said he didn't understand how they had access to all of that and turned them over to the LE where they told him she did not have much in her account so he doesn't know why they would have said that and sent those. This is also weird bc if my ex has been missing for days and I am on with her work and they accuse them of that and send me proof...I would def give it to LE but would like to see if it was true or what they were talking about before. He says he didn't look at them but that LE told him there was not much in her account which I also find odd they would even tell him that.

This is a perfect example of why it is so difficult to get any reliable info from the many "news" sources in this case. The narrator says the video was taken "a day or two after she went missing". Granted, in the big scheme of things, this may not amount to a hill of beans, but surely it is known what day the video was taken. We can't even get the most basic facts in this case, and probably, by the time this gets picked up by a few more "news" sources, we will know not only the day, but probably the flavor and what bakery they came from, (according to some unnamed source who will have allegedly seen him purchasing them). Never seen a case here quite as convoluted as this one. JMO
That's exactly it. None of the media is taking the time to put together a simple timeline. And because they haven't done that and verified it, the "facts" keep changing.

ETA corrected an inaccurate statement.
Her ex husband said he called her work looking for her, the muffin drop off was before he called, that's my point. When he called they told him they wanted her laptop to be returned. Of course I've read a lot of misinformation so hopefully this is accurate.

Last edited:
Isn’t that a creepy message!
It is but, to play devils advocate, maybe it was the people who found it and they are not native English speakers? Perhaps they wanted to say something along the lines of are you missing a dog and it got lost in translation. Do we know who the text is from?

side note and off topic because I don’t know where else to ask, why can I no longer view Cleo smith’s thread? TIA

I think it's a shout out to JS - as in, we see you.

It also publicly connects him to her. I don't mean it's an accusation but I'm sure there are people who are skeptical of a connection.

Also, if I thought the girl who was working for me had embezzled money from my company, I wouldn't be showing up to her house with muffins.
Agree, it’s definitely a flex. Do we think HP works from home? Most people I know here in this area are still home. I wonder how common it was for him to go there for meetings (I doubt it).

eta also curious to see what else is on the ring from like the week before she went missing to now. I wonder if anyone else dropped in or got in, I presume she has her electronics there and we know she kept files (removed during fed/lapd LE visit)

The muffin drop is new to me, and this may have been brought up before (apologies). Firstly, leaving knocking quickly and dropping baked goods gives off apology/get well soon vibes too me. Maybe there was an argument the week before? But, I’ve worked with men like JS before and I find it really hard to believe that he would think to do this on his own. It’s something I would tell my own husband or boss to do, and I find it unlikely that JS wouldn’t send an assistant to do it (he strikes me as the kind that probably has a personal assistant).
Regardless of whether it's normal for him to make muffin deliveries, the fact that he didn't bother to actually park his car or close his door are even more interesting IMO.

It is but, to play devils advocate, maybe it was the people who found it and they are not native English speakers? Perhaps they wanted to say something along the lines of are you missing a dog and it got lost in translation. Do we know who the text is from?

side note and off topic because I don’t know where else to ask, why can I no longer view Cleo smith’s thread? TIA
DBM

Back to HP, maybe the person who found the dog was just being cheeky trying to get Heidi's attention after so many unanswered attempts. Now, if that was the first communication, I take it back. :D

Statements re: how dog was found
Dateline NBC - 11/1/21 - Text on HP's phone from woman who found Seven and tried to contact HP.
Daily Mail - 11/1/21 - JW found text in HP's phone from woman who found Seven and traced HP via microchip.
Fox News - 11/2/21 - JW traced Seven's microchip to the apartment complex after she was reported missing. Residents of H+F found and cared for the dog until JW contacted microchip company and tracked down location.
The U.S. Sun - 11/3/21 JW took "one of her phones" after reporting HP missing. This is quoted from the article:
"I found its chip number and started tracing it all the way through. They finally told me at the central data place that the dog had been found.
"I said, 'Okay, that means they're going to be calling or texting Heidi's phone.'
"I happened to have one of her phones because after we had done the police report I had gotten into her house and taken some of her electronics so I could talk to her friends and family whose numbers I didn't have.
"Then I found a text that said 'Hey, are you missing a dog?'
"I checked the chip and the central data place said the dog had already been found. I went to pick up the dog and the couple who had it said they had just found it roaming around their floor in the hallway."​

The strange thing to me about this particular quote is it couldn't have happened just like this. He either traced the chip and then looked through the phone, or he looked through the phone and then confirmed through the chip company. And I am in no way suggesting anything nefarious here, I think there's a lot going on, there's a kid who just had a birthday and is probably extremely upset and a dad who is really trying to do the best he can to get the information out there as fast as possible. I just think it's a good idea to have all statements in one place to better sort through.

Statements re: electronics
Dateline NBC - 11/1/21 Home was in pristine condition when LE performed wellness check, phone and laptops (plural) were left behind.
Fox News - 11/2/21 - LE have collected all of Planck's electronics (no itemization of what this includes) and BW's phone.
Daily Mail - 11/3/21 JS allegedly wanted business laptop back after HP disappeared, but JW did not return laptop and instead turned it over to LE.
The U.S. Sun - 11/3/21 - JW got HP's electronics (plural) on 10/21 and started going through them on 10/25.

I'm still working on these, but there's a lot of articles to sort through in the last few days so it may take a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16