CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim added: “I found its chip number and started tracing it all the way through. They finally told me at the central data place that the dog had been found.

“I said ‘Ok, that means they’re going to be calling or texting Heidi’s phone’.

“I happened to have one of her phones because after we had done the police report I had gotten into her house and taken some of her electronics so I could talk to her friends and family whose numbers I didn’t have.

“Then I found a text message that said ‘Hey, are you missing a dog?’

“I checked the chip and the central data place said the dog had already been found.

“I went to pick up the dog and the couple who had it said they had just found it roaming around on their floor in the hallway.

“They were very, very nice about it and said they didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10-year-old boy. Our son is looking after the dog now.”

New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones
I’ve been thinking A lot about this quote “didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10 year old.” How does this fit into the story (meaning under what context does someone say that). Sounds like something someone would say if they knew who the dog belonged to and held onto him—rather than take to humane society —b/c of the boy. If dog finders don’t know who owns the dog, then once JW gets in contact with them, has seen their text to HP & has the dog chip number etc—there is no reason for dog finders to make this statement. Why would dog finders question handing over the dog at that point—regardless of any 10 year old.

Also, just wondering, if you chip your dog—is the finder of the dog given your phone number? Or are they connected by a third party service. I’m not sure—but would be interesting to know if that is how dog finders got HPs number
We don't know when the people made that statement but most likely after speaking with JW and realizing he had a 10 year old son. I don't think they knew that before he told them. MOO
i just think the choice of wording is very odd in that context. By all accounts they were trying to give the dog back (texting, checking chip)—not trying to take the dog away. That phrasing make more sense if it were coming from someone who found a dog they knew belonged to a 10 year old, and so after a week of unsuccessfully trying to contact the owner, they still held on to the dog.

I’m wondering if the secondhand info about how the people contacted H/JW after they found Seven is getting overly complicated. While he was microchipped, he probably also had a collar with her phone number on it? In that half hour between video and text, I’m thinking it is more logical for them to have read the tag and texted H as opposed having time to take it to a vet to get it scanned? Doesn’t really change much to the timeline but explains how fast that contact could have been.

Initially I felt that she was a victim of a criminal act, however more and more I am leaning to the possibility that she left on her own. Here's why, she clearly was under a great deal of stress from her job and the custody issues with her ex and we don't know if she had any involvement in the issues at her job. We don't know if she was being pressured by the feds to roll over on her boss or if her boss was threatening her to keep quiet, or both. Clearly she had a great deal going on in her life. Is it possible she had decided that she needed to get away? I understand that people say that she would have never left her son or dropped her dog off somewhere. But self preservation is a strong thing and if mentally she was broken it could happen. People have done much worse when pushed to the edge. Then you have L.E. who have offered nothing regarding this case. Is it possible that they already know what happened? Is it possible that they know where she is? I realize this is a lot of speculation, but it would explain some things. Again this is just a theory and MOO.
I agree. Feel like if there were concerns of abduction, public would be getting more info about where car was last seen etc. and there would be more overt efforts to locate her.
Also, it’s not illegal for an adult to just go missing. Maybe police have video of her getting in her car (alone) and driving away. She may be “missing” in that no one knows where she is, but police may not have any evidence she is a victim of any crime.

The dog is what gets to me the most. It doesn't make sense that she would bring him along just to abandon him...I want this to be a voluntary disappearance because it would mean that HP is still alive and well somewhere, but I just don't see it.
FWIW, we do not know whether the dog got loose or was left intentionally at H+F. All we have to base our theories on is JW’s version of events, which have unusual aspects to say the least. Neither the people that allegedly found the dog nor the police have publicly confirmed JW’s version of events or timeline.

Also, just wondering, if you chip your dog—is the finder of the dog given your phone number? Or are they connected by a third party service. I’m not sure—but would be interesting to know if that is how dog finders got HPs number
I do find it interesting that the finder allegedly texted HP’s cellphone directly. It makes you wonder if the finder already knew HP. Of course, HP’s cellphone number may have been on Seven’s ID tag, if there was one.

Typically, it would be the scanning vet or shelter that would reach out to the number that returns when the chip is scanned. That being said, I am sure that there are situations when a vet or shelter may give the number to the finder, especially if they are understaffed, busy, and/or deal with the person regularly. MOO.

JW does claim that the chip company said that the dog was already reported as found when he finally reached out to them.

New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones

Last edited:
Surely if she has been found alive at this point we would know that simple fact, so as to call off the search. Or what, does anybody really bet on Heidi’s mystery disappearance just being forgotten like so many others?
At about 10 days out, JW alluded to greater concern saying to the effect BW needs closure, we’re
hoping for a miracle. Seemed rather dark back then but at the same time, in perspective, we didn't even hear about this case until 10-12 days after the fact.
I still don’t understand why LE didn’t circulate the MP report until 10/28. It is dated 10/27 on LAPD site but appeared on Media 10/28. What’s that about if it was filed on 10/20?
Those quotes and comments are back on 1 or 2.
MOO

Thanks to whoever deleted my misstatement post. I assume it was about the missing dog conundrum. I thought about doing that but didn’t have time to go back and do that.. We sure don’t need any more Misstatements to sort through! Lol

Surely if she has been found alive at this point we would know that simple fact, so as to call off the search. Or what, does anybody really bet on Heidi’s mystery disappearance just being forgotten like so many others?
At about 10 days out, JW alluded to greater concern saying to the effect BW needs closure, we’re
hoping for a miracle. Seemed rather dark back then but at the same time, in perspective, we didn't even hear about this case until 10-12 days after the fact.
I still don’t understand why LE didn’t circulate the MP report until 10/28. It is dated 10/27 on LAPD site but appeared on Media 10/28. What’s that about if it was filed on 10/20?
Those quotes and comments are back on 1 or 2.
MOO

I agree that if she were already located a statement would likely be issued by the police at the very least stating that the missing person’s case has been closed.

As far as why there was a delay, in MOO, there appear to be a lot of moving parts in this “ecosystem” with the SEC investigation, Federal law enforcement involvement, etc. I would almost bet that the working theory from the get-go was voluntary disappearance as a result of HP’s work and life circumstances (and reported prior mental health incidents). It’s likely still a theory that they can’t cross out.

***MOO ZONE***
Not in relation to the quote, but I do have a lingering hope (for the sake of everyone involved) that this case will ultimately result in being a “Balloon Boy”-esque incident. That it is a hoax put together by HP and JW to allow HP to wriggle out of any pressures that she may have been under as a result of the SEC investigation and/or any embezzlement allegations from JS (as alluded to by JW). I know that it is unlikely, but it would be nice at least for the son that way.

One thing I'd like to know: do we have clarification that the dog was found actually ON the 29th floor, or BY a resident who happened to live on the 29th floor?

"The dog was found by someone on the 29th floor" could mean either.
At one point, the good samaritans on the 29th floor were quoted loosely as saying they found the pup in the hallway.

But I do wonder if maybe they did rescue him from the alley or the parking area, and brought him to safety. Then when asked they might say they found him in the hallway, to justify taking him in to their apartment. People get flak and pushback for 'keeping' found dogs, insteAd of turning them into the pound to be easily found by the owners.

Now that you mention it, it sounds similar to a local story here of Dane Elkins. ( theres a thread for him here in Websleuths). His mom said he was suffering from mental health issues and suffering from paranoia His car broke down and he left all personal belongings behind and took off on foot.
I think November will be a year that he’s been missing. His mom thinks he’s just been hitchhiking his way to Oregon, based on sightings from people.
So I guess with HP and all the things we know of what she was going through, anything is possible .
Praying she is found safe and quickly.

Maybe the people who 'found' the dog are actually friends of hers and agreed to get him back to her son, without revealing she had to go away for awhile?

I’ve been thinking A lot about this quote “didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10 year old.” How does this fit into the story (meaning under what context does someone say that). Sounds like something someone would say if they knew who the dog belonged to and held onto him—rather than take to humane society —b/c of the boy. If dog finders don’t know who owns the dog, then once JW gets in contact with them, has seen their text to HP & has the dog chip number etc—there is no reason for dog finders to make this statement. Why would dog finders question handing over the dog at that point—regardless of any 10 year old.

i just think the choice of wording is very odd in that context. By all accounts they were trying to give the dog back (texting, checking chip)—not trying to take the dog away. That phrasing make more sense if it were coming from someone who found a dog they knew belonged to a 10 year old, and so after a week of unsuccessfully trying to contact the owner, they still held on to the dog.
I noticed this too. It only makes sense if it were sort of a jokey comment the dog-finders said, after they called and heard that it was a kid’s dog and they were just saying “oh hey, it’s really such a cute dog! we almost want to keep it, he’s so cute! But of course I know your 10 year old must be totally attached ha ha”
Otherwise, it’s totally bizarre.

Re: the discussion that the “we wouldn’t want to keep the dog away from a 10 year old boy” statement.

I don’t find this to be unusual in the least. Here is my speculation of what happened:
+ Residents find Seven in the hall/outside the building (unclear which)
+ They immediately find his collar with ID tag and call HP (I am presuming he had a collar / ID tag)
+ They are surprised there isn’t an immediate response - I know I would be
+ They wait a day, then take Seven to the vet to see if he’s chipped. I presume that the vet / microchip company tries to make contact with HP and is again unsuccessful.
+ More time goes by, and they feel no one is claiming the dog
+ They get attached and begin thinking perhaps he will stay with them
+ When JW gets in touch, its been several days. It isn’t remotely surprising to me that the dog-finders might have begun to entertain the idea that they’d keep Seven given no one seemed to claim him

And so, when finally in touch with JW someone quips “Well, we wouldn’t want to keep him from a 10 year old boy!”

Hmm. We haven’t talked the lending, owing or Debt Collection scenario. The fact that the RHD is working Heidi’s case opens a range of possible angles including extortion and kidnapping.
I’m sorry to hear about this man but relieved that LE pursued his kidnappers as far away as China.
Pasadena man sentenced to more than 16 years in kidnapping of luxury car dealer

And where would the alleged funds be? Cashed out? In bitcoin or cryptocurrency?
Missing Heidi Planck's boss - under investigation for $43M fraud - drops off MUFFINS at her door | Daily Mail Online

I just read this article and Asha Kreimer's case in SFGate and it definitely made me think of HP. I'm really leaning more and more towards a voluntary disappearance.

MOO, of course.

"Kreimer’s mother believes that her untreated mental illness may have prompted her to start a new life somewhere in the state; Kreimer left behind her identification and phone
."

"Six years after walking out of a California restaurant, Asha Kreimer is still missing" Six years after walking out of a California restaurant, Asha Kreimer is still missing

I just read this article and Asha Kreimer's case in SFGate and it definitely made me think of HP. I'm really leaning more and more towards a voluntary disappearance.

MOO, of course.

"Kreimer’s mother believes that her untreated mental illness may have prompted her to start a new life somewhere in the state; Kreimer left behind her identification and phone
."

"Six years after walking out of a California restaurant, Asha Kreimer is still missing" Six years after walking out of a California restaurant, Asha Kreimer is still missing
That is a gut wrenching story.
What a Mom, my gosh, flying back and forth from Australia. Asha looks so gentle and beautiful.
LE doesn’t get to choose not to investigate because they “think” a disappearance may be Voluntary.
That classification has to be established precisely through contact with the MP.
MOO

That is a gut wrenching story.
What a Mom, my gosh, flying back and forth from Australia. Asha looks so gentle and beautiful.
LE doesn’t get to choose not to investigate because they “think” a disappearance may be Voluntary.
That classification has to be established precisely through contact with the MP.
MOO

Nor should they. This is definitely a multi-layered case. I'm still open to all possibilities. I've followed cases where LE has ultimately made the declaration that the person is no longer considered a MP after making contact with them. It's always a relief to know they're still alive.

MOO.

Nor should they. This is definitely a multi-layered case. I'm still open to all possibilities. I've followed cases where LE has ultimately made the declaration that the person is no longer considered a MP after making contact with them. It's always a relief to know they're still alive.

MOO.

So let's say that is the case here and I'm hoping it is. If L.E. has had contact with her and they no longer consider her a MP. Would they announce that? How would we find that out? Would they remove her from the MP list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff