Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Ian Powers was traveling from Spokane to Los Angeles, with a planned stop in Antioch to visit family. He attended the game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara with his girlfriend, who told officers he left his seat to use the restroom and never returned.

Police said the last communication Powers had with his family was about 10 p.m. Monday.

Powers’ vehicle was found in a nearby parking lot. He was last seen wearing a red 49ers T-shirt, red 49ers hat and blue jeans. Police released a photo of him taken at the game that shows him smiling.

Police Search For Man Who Went Missing From 49ers Game
Man goes missing while attending 49ers game

SJM-L-FOOTMISS-1114.jpg

Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers

MISSING PERSON - Public Assistance Needed

On November 13, at approximately 11:17am, an officer was dispatched to a report of a missing person.

Ian Powers was traveling from Spokane to Los Angeles, with a visit to family in Antioch. He attended the San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants football game at Levi's Stadium on November 12. The victim's girlfriend reported that Powers left his seat to use the restroom and never returned. The last communication Powers had with family was at approximately 10:00pm. All efforts to locate Powers were fruitless. Powers vehicle was located in a nearby parking lot.

Powers was last seen wearing a red 49ers T-shirt, red 49ers hat and blue jeans (picture attached from 11/12/18).

If you have information about the whereabouts of Ian Powers, please contact the Santa Clara Police Department at (408)615-5580.

46150216_2162951430406352_2077844867874029568_n.jpg

November 13, 2018

[...]

Powers contacted family around 10 p.m. Monday, police said, but it was unclear what was said.

His girlfriend, [CR], said she and Powers were at the game with their two kids. She texted and called him but could not reach him, and she believes his phone's battery died.

"He never got a chance to talk to us, like after we made it back to the hotel." she said. "He didn't know where me and the kids were; he wouldn't have just disappeared and not called."

[CR] and the children waited by his car in the parking lot after the game, but they ended up taking a bus back to Concord, where they were staying at a hotel near family.

Powers served two tours in the Army, according to [CR]. He was suposed to take his family to Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Matt Keller on Twitter | 10:28 AM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018
32 year old Ian Powers was last seen in person at the 49ers Monday Night game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara. His girlfriend said he went to the bathroom and never returned. He made a video call after the game outside the stadium and hasn’t been heard or seen since.

Robert Handa on Twitter | 10:43 AM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018
#SantaClara #police say it will conduct #search around #LeviStadium today for fan #IanPowers from Spokane who went missing during Sunday game. Search starting around Great America Pkwy and Tasman.

Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers

MISSING PERSON - Public Assistance Needed

On November 13, at approximately 11:17am, an officer was dispatched to a report of a missing person.

Ian Powers was traveling from Spokane to Los Angeles, with a visit to family in Antioch. He attended the San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants football game at Levi's Stadium on November 12. The victim's girlfriend reported that Powers left his seat to use the restroom and never returned. The last communication Powers had with family was at approximately 10:00pm. All efforts to locate Powers were fruitless. Powers vehicle was located in a nearby parking lot.

Powers was last seen wearing a red 49ers T-shirt, red 49ers hat and blue jeans (picture attached from 11/12/18).

If you have information about the whereabouts of Ian Powers, please contact the Santa Clara Police Department at (408)615-5580.

View attachment 155527

Stephen Ellison on Twitter | 10:54 PM (PST) - 13 Nov 2018

Levi's Stadium security was helping @SantaClaraPD with the search for Ian Powers, 32, of Spokane Washington, checking surveillance footage from around the venue. Powers went missing at the end of Monday night's game. http://nbcbay.com/vUH96JS via @NBCian

View attachment 155528
I am curious, does the video back up what the girlfriend is saying?

Why would he go to the bathroom, then just take off, especially leaving his children behind without a ride back to the hotel?

Something seems hinky with this. I hope he's ok.

Matt Keller on Twitter | 10:28 AM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018
32 year old Ian Powers was last seen in person at the 49ers Monday Night game at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara. His girlfriend said he went to the bathroom and never returned. He made a video call after the game outside the stadium and hasn’t been heard or seen since.

Robert Handa on Twitter | 10:43 AM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018
#SantaClara #police say it will conduct #search around #LeviStadium today for fan #IanPowers from Spokane who went missing during Sunday game. Search starting around Great America Pkwy and Tasman.
So he was still at the game technically, as he made a video call? I wonder with who? Why would he leave like that, not let his girlfriend know where he was? Something isn't right here.

November 13, 2018

[...]

Powers contacted family around 10 p.m. Monday, police said, but it was unclear what was said.

His girlfriend, [CR], said she and Powers were at the game with their two kids. She texted and called him but could not reach him, and she believes his phone's battery died.

"He never got a chance to talk to us, like after we made it back to the hotel." she said. "He didn't know where me and the kids were; he wouldn't have just disappeared and not called."

[CR] and the children waited by his car in the parking lot after the game, but they ended up taking a bus back to Concord, where they were staying at a hotel near family.

Powers served two tours in the Army, according to [CR]. He was suposed to take his family to Los Angeles on Tuesday.

BBM: Trying to imagine myself in this situation and I don't think I'd be taking a bus back to my hotel. Did she talk to security or police (which I'm sure were there) at the stadium? This is too weird.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 on Twitter | 11:52 AM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

#SantaClaraPolice launch search for 32 yr old #IanPowers of Spokane, Washington. Powers went missing while attending Monday’s 49ers game. Last seen leaving for bathroom in 4th quarter.

Dr_O6A2U8AAJHD7.jpg Dr_O6A3VYAAK7fH.jpg Dr_O6A2UUAEIBF9.jpg

@Rob Fladeboe kron4 on Twitter | 12:29 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

Girlfriend, Uncle combing Santa Clara parking lots for 32 yr old #IanPowers. Spokane, Washington man disappeared during 49ers game on Monday. Police have launched formal search.

Dr_XXTeU4AAozu4.jpg Dr_XXTZU0AAnZsr.jpg Dr_XXTaUwAAy2Ip.jpg

Robert Handa on Twitter | 12:34 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

#SantaClara #police #search teams looking at city storm station for missing #49er fan #IanPowers. Crews say no sign of him yet.

(*video at link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back