Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This one is tough - there are options we can't openly consider here on WS without violating TOS.

I hope he is safe and sound, and everyone close to him is also safe and sound.
Agreed 100% - I have a few theories that are similar in nature but am not posting them because I think they'd bump up against TOS. I know what the likely outcome is in situations like this but hoping against the odds here. :(

Regarding taking the bus back to hotel -
I can not find a bus route that would take them directly to the Concord hotel area.

All of the routes have a light rail component. Station changes. With two kids at night in an unfamiliar place and your boyfriend is missing. You could pay cash for the bus portion but need a clipper card or download the app for light rail.

I’m used to figuring out routes/transit in unfamiliar cities and not easily discouraged but I would not have attempted going back that way. It would have been a huge ordeal.

Regarding taking the bus back to hotel -
I can not find a bus route that would take them directly to the Concord hotel area.

All of the routes have a light rail component. Station changes. With two kids at night in an unfamiliar place and your boyfriend is missing. You could pay cash for the bus portion but need a clipper card or download the app for light rail.

I’m used to figuring out routes/transit in unfamiliar cities and not easily discouraged but I would not have attempted going back that way. It would have been a huge ordeal.

I entertained the thought of her calling his family members and them instructing her and the kids how to get back there... but I can't imagine any family, unless totally incapacitated, not going right there to look and/or pick her up.

Could this guy really have drank so much that he wandered off-- on a Monday evening, with his kids, and knowing he had to drive home? I'm guessing no-- if his calls to his GF indicated that he were too drunk to function why would she leave him?

I am a little confused about the 10 PM video call. I think the location was mentioned upthread, but that is just so strange.

in the video message, Did he seem impaired? confused? lost? asking for help or saying where are you ? no text like "I'll meet you at the car" unless he cannot find the car.

Good grief I've gone to walmart and forgotten where I parked. I wander around and wander and freak out.

Did he have the keys to the car and was there only one set? Did the adults both have keys to the hotel room? This is just so so strange. Go to the bathroom and then send a message from OUTSIDE the stadium and then disappear.

Something is very wrong.

View attachment 155800

So it looks like a picture or video clip of Ian?

Good eye, and yes, it does.

Jumping off your post, here's another photo recently posted by a reporter (via Twitter)...

Jesse Gary on Twitter | 11:19 AM (PST) - 15 Nov 2018

Picture of Ian Powers just before his disappearance Monday. He and family attended ⁦@49ers⁩ game. He left for the bathroom and then tried to meet girlfriend after game but hasn’t been seen since ⁦@KTVU#southbay

DsEQ0osVYAEsUWn.jpg

All good questions above. I've read the whole thread and I am just stumped. All I can feel is something is very off.

Are they well off or middle class? Were they in a rental car or their own? Did she know how to call the nearby family they were visiting ? (but staying at a hotel - nothing wrong with that )

I'd think the family would call for help if she contacted them and start searching. I am just stunned by these details that we have so far.

I started to wonder if something bad happened in the restroom, but we know he made it out and outside the stadium hence the his phone and she obviously had a phone to receive the message

I am just thinking out loud here

Jesse Gary on Twitter | 11:19 AM (PST) - 15 Nov 2018

Picture of Ian Powers just before his disappearance Monday. He and family attended ⁦@49ers⁩ game. He left for the bathroom and then tried to meet girlfriend after game but hasn’t been seen since ⁦@KTVU#southbay

View attachment 155801

snipped and bbm

So the video call was presumably something like "Meet me at the car" or similar since she went to the car after the game?

How much time between the call and her plus kids leaving the stadium?

Well if he drank more than he should have I can see girlfriend getting irritated and with two kids with you, you aren’t going to just sit around and wait. If he does this type of thing often (overdrink, wander, etc)... she may have just focused on getting the kids back to hotel safe and Ian can get home when he sobers up. Look, it happens. Not uncommon.

View attachment 155815 View attachment 155816 View attachment 155817
All look like the same picture?
Check out the day/time on the third picture.

IMO, the 2nd and 3rd picture look the same, but the first one looks different (head turned slightly to the left, vs. down).

I thought the same about the timestamp on the photo, but then realized it may be the phone of a searcher. I don't know whose phone it was, and perhaps the photo was sent to that person by someone else (the gf?) in order to aid in the search.

As for where that photo was taken, I interpret that it is a still photo from the video call taken by the gf, per this tweet @Rob Fladeboe kron4 on Twitter JMO (bbm)
His family, friends and #SantaClaraPolice resume search for 32 yr old #IanPowers. Cell phone pic from brief video chat with girl friend is last time he was seen or heard from after Attending Monday’s 49ers game.

DsEbtdMU4AAa4s4.jpg

ETA: Just saw @TXBorn 's post above. If there was some way for the gf to save a video chat, and screenshot it later, that makes sense. IMO, this could explain the Tuesday day/time if that was the case.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably
Back