Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was the Monday night game. So it was dark when it finished, I am sure. I do not know what the tailgating is like there.

Apparently the game was scheduled to start at 5:15pm. How long does a typical NFL game take to play out?

It would have been dark since just about the start -- sunset is about 4:45 these days and dark by 5:30ish.

Amanda Roley on Twitter | 2:07 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

Spokane resident, Ian Powers, went missing during a 49ers game this week. His sister, Christina Grosse sent me this statement to share: "We are trying our best to handle everything and that we miss you and love you. Ian come home." @KREM2

Chris Nguyen on Twitter | 2:33 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

Just spoke with @SantaClaraPD PIO at the #IanPowers command center. Search will continue today until it gets dark. Nearly 40 law enforcement officers have been combing through the area for any signs of the #Spokane resident who was last seen on surveillance leaving the stadium.

Dr_zonnU4AA2xg6.jpg Dr_zonnUUAAXM1l.jpg Dr_zonoUUAArcxu.jpg

Amanda del Castillo on Twitter | 5:03 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

.@SantaClaraPD tells me search for #IanPowers will continue tomorrow, likely in a different capacity. Surrounding businesses still need to be contacted about possible surveillance footage. A helicopter wasn’t able to fly today to assist in search either. More at 11 p.m. #abc7now

Robert Handa on Twitter | 7:04 PM (PST) - 14 Nov 2018

#SantaClara #police and other agencies go all out in search for missing #49er fan, #IanPowers, who disappeared during Monday Night #Football game. Police say disappearance seems ‘suspicious.’

(RHandaNBC added,)
Police Search For Man Who Went Missing From 49ers Game

Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers | Posted 11/14/2018 4:01pm (PST)

PRESS RELEASE - Missing Person Update

The Santa Clara Police Department is continuing to investigate a missing persons case involving a Spokane, Washington resident who went missing following the San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Giants football game at Levi’s Stadium on Monday, November 12.

32-year-old Ian Powers was reported missing to Police on Tuesday, November 13. His vehicle was located parked in its original location near the stadium and did not show any signs of foul play. Detectives conducted extensive outreach, including making contact with his girlfriend and parents, monitoring social media sites, cell phone and credit card activity, contacting public transportation, hospitals, jails and coroners, reviewing video surveillance at Levi’s Stadium as well as distributing TRAK flyers to law enforcement agencies. Powers was also entered into the National Missing Persons registry. At this point, efforts to locate or make contact with Powers have not been successful.

Powers was traveling from Spokane to Los Angeles, with a stop to visit family in Antioch and attend the NFL football game in Santa Clara. The last communication Powers had with his family was at approximately 10:00 p.m. on November 12, near Old Glory Lane and Great America Parkway, located outside of Levi’s Stadium. According to family and friends, Powers’ disappearance is completely out of character.

Today, November 14, neighboring law enforcement agencies and resources were brought in today to assist with the search. An in-depth grid search of the area where Powers was last located is being conducted. Additional search and rescue resources from the region have been brought in to assist in the search effort.

If you have information about the whereabouts of Ian Powers, please contact the Santa Clara Police Department at (408) 615-5580.

Name: Ian Powers
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 190
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Last seen wearing: Red 49ers T-shirt, red 49ers hat and blue jeans (pictures attached are from 11/12/18).

46185383_2164123060289189_8147847964635693056_n.jpg 46183042_2164123186955843_7603205768875081728_n.jpg

The last communication was outside the stadium near Old Glory Lane and Great American Parkway? Where is that in relation to where the vehicle was parked?
That's a good question, and just what was he doing there? Was he so drunk that he didn't know where he was going and forgot his family? Yes, that can happen, trust me on that one........

November 13, 2018
Police Search For Man Who Went Missing From 49ers Game

[...]

Powers contacted family around 10 p.m. Monday, police said, but it was unclear what was said.

His girlfriend, [CR], said she and Powers were at the game with their two kids. She texted and called him but could not reach him, and she believes his phone's battery died.

"He never got a chance to talk to us, like after we made it back to the hotel." she said. "He didn't know where me and the kids were; he wouldn't have just disappeared and not called."

[CR] and the children waited by his car in the parking lot after the game, but they ended up taking a bus back to Concord, where they were staying at a hotel near family.

Powers served two tours in the Army, according to [CR]. He was suposed to take his family to Los Angeles on Tuesday.

“Police said his cellphone last pinged where the car was parked in the Levi's lot.”

So the Levi’s lot is near Old Glory and Great American Parkway?

Sister of Spokane man who went missing at 49ers game: 'Ian come home'

Officials said his car was found in its original location near the stadium and did not show any signs of foul play. They said detectives have conducted extensive outreach by reaching out to his girlfriend and parents. Authorities have also been monitoring social media sites, cell phone and credit card activity, contacting public transportation, hospitals, jail and coroners, reviewing video surveillance at Levi Stadium as well as distributing TRAK flyers to law enforcement agencies.

Powers was also entered into the National Missing Persons registry. Police say efforts to contact or locate Powers have been unsuccessful as of Wednesday evening.

The last communication Powers had with family was at 10 p.m. near Old Glory Lane and Great America Parkway, located outside of Levi’s Stadium.

(*video at link with Captain Wahid Kazem, confirming he was parked in a parking lot near the stadium, and think perhaps he was trying to make it back to his car)

And he was reported missing the next day?

The game took place on Monday, November 12. According to Santa Clara PD on FB, they were dispatched in response to a report of a missing person the next day, on Tuesday, November 13.

On November 13, at approximately 11:17am, an officer was dispatched to a report of a missing person.
Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers

Additional reference:
Power's girlfriend contacted police Tuesday after he didn't return to their hotel.
49ers fan missing goes missing during Monday night game

The game took place on Monday, November 12. According to Santa Clara PD on FB, they were dispatched in response to a report of a missing person the next day, on Tuesday, November 13.

Santa Clara Police Department, Chief Michael J. Sellers

Additional reference:

49ers fan missing goes missing during Monday night game
Um, if my husband stranded me and the kids, I would know for a fact that something was wrong and would call the police immediately. Unless he's done this before to her or anyone else, I can't imagine someone waiting until the next day to call in, especially if the car was still in the parking lot!

So the girlfriend and kids came with him from Spokane? I can’t imagine catching a bus in an unfamiliar place, after dark, with two young kids. How close is their hotel? We’re they back at the hotel when the video call came?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back