CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That link doesnt work.

you don't need the link. Just go to google maps and type in Walnut ave, Antioch CA. Click satellite images or aerial photos. You can see the house from space practically because of all the blue tarps in the yard. Zoom down really far or click Street view. Yes, the van follows the google truck all the way down the street and around the corner and you can see it very close where he must have stopped at a light. I could not see the driver's face. The van looks extremely sketchy though. That must have been the one he was cooking meth in that blew up!

Seriously. I would call the police, maybe even twice and then if I really believed there were sex parties and if I knew the neighbor was a sex offender, and if I had any idea whatsoever there were kids there I would call CPS. Now, if there weren't kids, I am not sure what I would do, if the cops did nothing. Maybe if sex offender I would try to find out who covers them - like here it is the Sheriff's dept. I wouldn't just ignore it. And I am pretty much a live and let live person, I am not the nosiest neighbor. But, if I become aware of something I would have to act.

I dont' just say this without having thought a great deal about this. We had some neighbors once that had WAY too many people in their home (7 including kids in a 950 sq ft home). The city gives occupancy permits and there is no way this was allowed. I called the city several times and nothing was done. The guy with the city finally told me that when they went out, if they said only X number live there, they could do nothing, couldn't go in with out a warrant, etc. I explained I was worried they had children sleeping in a cellar - which didn't have a way out except through the house. He said their hands were tied and I should call CPS. Something about he couldn't cause he didn't witness this, only heard it from me. Oh, man, the idea of calling CPS is not a pleasant one. Who knows what will happen, and I worried about it - over a couple weeks. DH wanted me to butt out, and I prayed and worried. Then two weeks later they up and moved to a larger home in a nearby area. I was just on the brink of making the call but thankfully didn't have to. Had I any inkling the kids were abused (and really they always looked well cared for, polite, clean, etc just crowded!) or sex parties in a house with kids, I would have called without hesitation.

My old neighborhood had houses under 900 sq. feet, and I know my elderly next door neighbor (and her husband) raised 5 kids in her house, which was always neat as a pin! (no more kids there though of course). She was raised on a farm and actually had 15 brothers and sisters though so I guess 5 kids did not seem excessive to her!

Any psychotherapist treating a defendant will not be able to say what s/he knows. Psychotherapeutic notes cannot even be discovered by the District Attorney. They are confidential and privileged. If there are mental issues in the case, which undoubtedly there are, the Court can order an involuntary evaluation. Those records have a lesser expectation of privacy and can be provided directly to the court.

IF the patient ever told the psychotherapist about his kidnapping, hostage and continuing to hold the victim, the psychotherapist would have had a Tarasoff duty to report it to LE.
Yes. I am not doubting that for a second (I am a nurse)... any psychiatrist who would have come into contact (any medical professional for that matter) would immediately note something was "off" about him. I don't think he would have spilled the beans to them per se or this would have (as you put it so well above) been over already. Mandatory reporting and all that... I still would love to hear about this guy... just be a little fly on the wall... guess I should have made that more apparent in my first post... thanks for the info on the legal side of it...

Another article about similar cases - shudder... I never heard of these cases at the bottom...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/kidnapped-children-who-were-seen-again-1872966.html

An Marchal (17) and Eefje Lambrecks (19) were found buried under a shed. The killer was known to the police as a convicted rapist and child kidnapper. He was released from jail in 1992, after serving four years of a 13-year sentence. In 2004 he was jailed for life for kidnap, rape and murder.

* Sabine Dardenne, then 12, and Laetitia Delhez, then 14, were found in a cellar at the home of notorious paedophile Marc Dutroux in Marcinelle, Belgium, in August 1996.

When detectives raided the property, they discovered a sound-proof torture chamber and the bodies of eight-year-olds Julie Lejeune and Melissa Russo, who had starved to death.

An article about one of the young ladies above is linked here: It shows how every person is different in this situation, for sure: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/apr/18/ukcrime.features11

My old neighborhood had houses under 900 sq. feet, and I know my elderly next door neighbor (and her husband) raised 5 kids in her house, which was always neat as a pin! (no more kids there though of course). She was raised on a farm and actually had 15 brothers and sisters though so I guess 5 kids did not seem excessive to her!

I know and in other countries people live in less space. Several issues here, number one, it is too small for that many people. And the codes issue - if it is good for one it is good for all. There are supposed to be so many per bedroom/square foot. Our city does use the codes in a racist way. And this is probably my major issue over it all.

is there a thread about his blog with just information and discussion about it? TIA.

Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapper Phillip Garrido's first wife Christine Murphy says he's a 'monster'

The Monster's first wife says he once "tried to gouge" her eyes out with a safety pin.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...idos_first_wife_christine_murphy_says_he.html

His father says he is a monster. His brother says he is a monster. His ex wife says he is a monster. The US gov and the parole board says he shouldn't be in prison for 50 years and lets him out early. That is the part that gets me. They had him in prison, and they let him out early. Yeah, they kept in contact with him. But it almost sounds like he was a favorite uncle that they checked on occasionally. Whatever happened to drug testing parolee's? If he was a tweaker, they should have been able to get him that at least.

is there a thread about his blog with just information and discussion about it? TIA.
Link to his manuscripts and documents thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88300"]Garrido's FBI Manuscript/documents - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Maz

There does not seem to be but perhaps it could be combined into the one about the documents he presented to the FBI? It all seems to be along the same lines?

So Mr. Rogers goes from thinking "My God, there is something sexual going on in there." in one interview to hearing a woman screaming...twice in a second interview and now says in a third interview he "shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door. Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel."

And yet he did nothing...unbelievable.

BBM

Maz

:cow:

Walnut Avenue is ordinarily a very quiet street. Traffic does not go up and down it unless they have a reason for being there ~ people going to and from home or home based businesses (there's a house where they do window tinting), residential deliveries, just routine stuff going on. We saw some children playing in yards at either end of the street, there's an old basketball hoop at the curb to the right of Robinson's house, just all "normal" stuff.

When we were out there on yesterday, there were cars going up and down the street (other ), people milling around, things like that. We could hear a local rooster crowing from apparently the other street over.

I don't know how that sound compares to the noises heard from the Monster's property, but the story from Mr. Rogers just sickens me.

He had a first wife who calls him a monster. He tried to gouge out her eyes with a safety pin. She tried to get away and he came after her and pulled her into a car. I started a new thread with a link.

Walnut Avenue is ordinarily a very quiet street. Traffic does not go up and down it unless they have a reason for being there ~ people going to and from home or home based businesses (there's a house where they do window tinting), residential deliveries, just routine stuff going on. We saw some children playing in yards at either end of the street, there's an old basketball hoop at the curb to the right of Robinson's house, just all "normal" stuff.

When we were out there on yesterday, there were cars going up and down the street (other ), people milling around, things like that. We could hear a local rooster crowing from apparently the other street over.

I don't know how that sound compares to the noises heard from the Monster's property, but the story from Mr. Rogers just sickens me.
When I saw Mr. Rogers in your post, the irony just hit me- this Mr. Rogers sure wasn't looking out for the children!

Unfortunately I can't get Fox News to have seen this interview. I was mapping the distance from where she was abducted to his home and wonder what type of alert system they had in place at the time? That apx 2 1/2-3 hour drive....and noone saw that car. Makes me think that they lost a prime opportunity from the start to find her, such a shame.

It is around 170 miles. Typical mapping would have the car travel from S. Lake Tahoe/Meyers down Highway 50 through Sacramento to connect to I-5, to Highway 12, to Highway 160, and over the Antioch Bridge to Highway 4, where he would get off at either Wilbur Avenue or 18th Street to go to his house.

However, there are a lot of alternate routes he could have taken. He could have diverted off 50 to 99, or once in Sacto went down 80 to 680 or off 50 to 5 then down length of Highway 160 along the river to 4. There's a lot of choices to get back and forth from Antioch to the Tahoe area.

As for the length of the drive, the standard route would take 2 -3 hours these days depending on traffic. However, a lot of construction has occurred on 50 and all these other roads mentioned and I can't remember how much of it was going on in 1991.

There are just a lot of variables.

I believe that it has been stated that PG ran his printing business out of his garage/home. So that means Jaycee wouldn't have had to leave the house of horrors to work.

From everything we're learning, it sounds like Jaycee was "hidden in plain sight."

For example, she interacted with his clients, both from the house and at their places of business. She was apparently not locked up this entire time. She was actually right under everybody's noses and people just were not aware of what they were witnessing.

I am a little leery about the neighbor comments. There have been allegations that some overseas media paying for their stories. And I would guess the best 'story' would probably get the most money. I am also noticing that the stories seem to be getting more 'exciting' as time goes by. I am wondering how much is true and how much is 15 min. of fame + payment.

I really I hope I am wrong but it just sounds like this Mr. Rogers was enjoying his peep show rather than putting an end to the noise, parties etc...

I just want to cry it makes me so angry. Why didn't one of these neighbors do something!? Why didn't they insist? Why walk away!

Maz

It is around 170 miles. Typical mapping would have the car travel from S. Lake Tahoe/Meyers down Highway 50 through Sacramento to connect to I-5, to Highway 12, to Highway 160, and over the Antioch Bridge to Highway 4, where he would get off at either Wilbur Avenue or 18th Street to go to his house. This'd be the least conspicuous back way.

However, there are a lot of alternate routes he could have taken. He could have diverted off 50 to 99, or once in Sacto went down 80 to 680 or off 50 to 5 then down length of Highway 160 along the river to 4. There's a lot of choices to get back and forth from Antioch to the Tahoe area. We normally take Highway 50 to 80 through Sacto and then 680.

As for the length of the drive, the standard route would take 2 -3 hours these days depending on traffic. However, a lot of construction has occurred on 50 and all these other roads mentioned and I can't remember how much of it was going on in 1991. No, can be up to 4 hour drive.

There are just a lot of variables.
My input in red.

I am a little leery about the neighbor comments. There have been allegations that some overseas media paying for their stories. And I would guess the best 'story' would probably get the most money. I am also noticing that the stories seem to be getting more 'exciting' as time goes by. I am wondering how much is true and how much is 15 min. of fame + payment.

Exactly what I had pointed out in an earlier post.

Maz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member