Found Deceased CA - Jean Chang Kan Fung, 84, San Francisco, 28 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

athenna

Reaction score
This is my first time starting a thread and I’m not sure if I’m doing it correctly.

84-Year-Old San Francisco Grandmother Went Missing Over a Week Ago; SF Police Still Need Help Finding Her

“Jean Chang Kan Fung, 84, has not been seen since going for a walk from her home in the Richmond District around 3 p.m. Friday.”

“She is described as 5 feet tall, weighing 90 pounds, with white hair. She was last seen wearing a red or pink puffy jacket, purple sweater, brown pants, black UGG boots and a red beanie with an LG logo.”

Last edited:
District Attorney Chesa Boudin joins effort to find missing 84-year-old woman | KRON4

“According to police, Fung was went missing after leaving her home in the city’s Richmond District for a walk around 3 p.m. Friday.

California Highway Patrol officers encountered Fung soon afterward in the Presidio and gave her ride to a Safeway grocery store at 15 Marina Blvd., Police Investigations Commander Raj Vaswani said.”

“CHP initially saw her near the MacArthur Tunnel, they approached her and she did not appear to be disoriented and did not appear to have any medical issues,” he said.”

Fung’s family reported her missing later that night.

“Boudin added, “We don’t know where the communication went wrong, but we know she didn’t get a ride home, we know she didn’t get a ride close to her home. It’s hard to say exactly where the communication breakdown was, but I think all of us feel that had there been more language access … perhaps this devastating situation could’ve been avoided.”

“Our entire family has been extremely worried since Friday,” Fung’s family said in a statement.

“Because of the language barrier, we believe she is out there feeling helpless and scared. Please help reunite us.”

Sadly, there have been attacks on elderly asians recently. The hospitals were hopefully the first place her family checked.

Thank you for posting this Athenna. She has been missing for several weeks now, which is obviously not a good sign. Let's hope she is found soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sadly, there have been attacks on elderly asians recently. The hospitals were hopefully the first place her family checked.

Thank you for posting this Athenna. She has been missing for several weeks now, which is obviously not a good sign. Let's hope she is found soon.

Yes, I kept checking every few days and I can’t believe she’s still missing. It’s a small city.

Baffling that CHP picked her up and didn’t take her home!

Yes, I kept checking every few days and I can’t believe she’s still missing. It’s a small city.

Baffling that CHP picked her up and didn’t take her home!
I guess she gave them satisfactory responses to the point where they let her go on her way. To be frank, big city LE are so oversubscribed with such thin resources; I'm impressed they even stopped to talk to her at all.

:( This is so sad. My prayers are going out to her loved ones. Rest in peace, Ms. Jean.

E20dIw5UcAAwQ2o
E20ZGY7VoAMnntB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech