Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Hanie, 31, body found washed up on Manhattan Beach sands, reported missing by boyfriend, 26 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
On Saturday, she was identified as 31-year-old Jennifer Hanie by the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner.

Investigators say that he and a friend began to search for her at around 6:40 a.m. on Friday, and were the ones who reported that she had gone missing.

On Friday afternoon, following the investigation, the Manhattan Beach Police Department released the following statement:

On January 26, 2024, at approximately 6:41 a.m., Manhattan Beach Police Department (MBPD) officers were dispatched to the 2300 block of the Strand regarding a missing person report. The reporting party stated he last saw his girlfriend near the water line. The reporting party and his friends searched for the female, and when they could not find her, they called MBPD. The MBPDimmediately opened an investigation and checked with surrounding agencies for reports matching the missing person’s description. The Los Angeles County Lifeguards and the United States Coast Guard conducted searches of the beach and ocean.

At approximately 10:13 a.m., MBPD officers were notified by Los Angeles County Lifeguards a deceased female was discovered on the sand near the 1300 block of the waterline. The female was positively identified by officers through photographs as well as next of kin as the missing person

I swam here many times. There were usually lifeguards on duty. The undercurrents can be really dangerous and i was caught up in them multiple times.
The water is also really cold, especially this time of year, so if she was swimming it was likely in a wetsuit.

Do we know about the slope of the beach, and what the ocean conditions were? I wonder if the shore break knocked her off her feet, and she was swept away. I've heard of this happening here on the East Coast of the US, especially when the waters are a bit rougher. Mother Ocean is very unforgiving at times. Prayers to her family and friends.

Found by a lifeguard. Why then is the video from your link showing privacy partitions around the red truck in a parking lot? Strange.
This link has a still image of the red truck, yellow police tape, and the partitions.

Found by a lifeguard. Why then is the video from your link showing privacy partitions around the red truck in a parking lot? Strange.
This link has a still image of the red truck, yellow police tape, and the partitions.
My guess is that the lifeguards moved the body from the shoreline to the parking lot, and put up the privacy partitions so the police could investigate.

Officers worked with the Los Angeles County Lifeguards and U.S. Coast Guard to conduct a thorough search of the area. Her body was found on the sand near the 1300 block of the waterline by a lifeguard around 10:15 AM. It is unclear if her body washed ashore after authorities searched the beach and ocean.

The case status remains open as of Monday, but the Los Angeles Medical Examiner confirmed her body is ready for release. At this time, her cause of death has been deferred, which means that it is pending additional investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back