CA CA - Jesse James Balluff, 20, Santa Monica, Jan 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jesse Balluff was last seen in Santa Monica, California in January of 1980. He has not been heard from since.

Demographics
Missing Age: 20 Years
Current Age: 60 Years
First Name: Jesse
Middle Name: James
Last Name: Balluff
Nickname/Alias: Ziriax
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 5" (65 Inches)
Weight: 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: December 1, 1980
NamUs Case Created: August 26, 2015
Last Known Location Map
County: Los Angeles County
Missing From Tribal Land; No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Jesse Balluff was last seen in Santa Monica, California in January of 1980. He has not been heard from since.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description: Brown/Auburn Curly/wavy hair
Facial Hair Description: Last seen he had a beard
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies
Santa Monica Police Department

(310) 458-8491
Agency Case Number: 15-117817

Last edited:
Some posts from 2015 from somebody looking for Jesse.

Missing Person: Jesse James Balluff : venice

DOB 5/08/1960 or 1961

Grew up in Venice Beach, CA then moved to Baytown, TX as a teenager and was last seen in 1980 at the funeral for his father "Happy Jack" Dearborn, Michigan. Happy Jack was a local legend in Venice Beach in the 1960s and 70s.

Was using the first name Melvin at some point. Could be in Michigan, Wisconsin, or California.

So I wonder where he actually went missing from since his NamUs profile said he was last seen in Santa Monica CA and the above post says he was last seen at his father's funeral in MI. Too bad we don't know more about his disapperance - I looked and he doesn't have anything on Charley Project. Meaghan's profiles are usually more in depth than NamUs.

So I wonder where he actually went missing from since his NamUs profile said he was last seen in Santa Monica CA and the above post says he was last seen at his father's funeral in MI. Too bad we don't know more about his disapperance - I looked and he doesn't have anything on Charley Project. Meaghan's profiles are usually more in depth than NamUs.
That is confusing to me too could it be that since he lived in Santa Monica CA that is where the missing person report was filed? But I would think LE would include the fact that he was last known to be in Dearborn, Michigan. I can't find any other information out there for him.

I am having a hard time finding anything about him. I did a search on Facebook for his full name and a post came up from his sister who is still looking for him. It’s not an official MP page, so I won’t link it, but just search his full name and it will come up. In the post his sister says he was in foster care until the age of 13, at which time he was “trying to live on his own”. He doesn’t have a birth certificate as he was a home birth, and he could be using a different name.

upload_2021-1-30_10-0-18.png

He is apparently the one with big curly hair in the center.

ETA: Based on some commenters on that post, I figure Ziriax/Ziriaxe (listed as one of his aliases) is a surname. Not sure yet where it fits in.

Last edited:
Demographics
Missing Age: 20 Years
Current Age: 60 Years
First Name: Jesse
Middle Name: James
Last Name: Balluff
Nickname/Alias: Ziriax
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 5" (65 Inches)
Weight: 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: December 1, 1980
NamUs Case Created: August 26, 2015
Last Known Location Map
County: Los Angeles County
Missing From Tribal Land; No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Jesse Balluff was last seen in Santa Monica, California in January of 1980. He has not been heard from since.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description: Brown/Auburn Curly/wavy hair
Facial Hair Description: Last seen he had a beard
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies
Santa Monica Police Department

(310) 458-8491
Agency Case Number: 15-117817
I don`t understand. " Date of Last Contact: December 1, 1980 " but " last seen in Santa Monica, California in January of 1980". In what month did he disappear?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
31Deeds
Back