DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On Feb 4th, 2010 the McStay Family, Joey, Summer, Gianni, and Joseph Jr vanished from their home. It looked like the family simply got up and left their home never to return.

Law Enforcement was convinced that the McStay family ran away to Mexico.

Patrick McStay, Joey's father, along with other loved ones knew there was no way Joey and his family would never flee to Mexico. There was no reason for this scenario presented by law enforcement.

Up until the remains of the family were found buried in the desert on November 11, 2013, Patrick McStay searched for his son and his family.

Family friend Chase Merritt was arrested for the McStay family murders on Nov 7th, 2014 and finally, Merritt's first-degree murder trial is underway.

The McStay forum is in our private section. However, we are making the discussion of the trial public.

Link to prior threads
#1 CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11

Last edited:
STOP personalizing posts. Timeouts will be forthcoming if this manner of posting continues.

Emotions are running high and reading through the last thread the tension is palpable against anyone who presents an opposing view. Differences of opinion are to be expected and are allowed as long as the discussion remains civil and respectful. Looking at something from another angle is the foundation of this forum community. To expect members from all over the world and all walks of life to think the same is unrealistic.

If you don’t agree with a post, either scroll and roll or put the other member on ignore. Do not announce that you are placing someone on ignore- just do it.

Stick to the facts and use links to back up your assertions. If you see a problematic post, hit the alert/report button and move on.

Continue discussion here...

It is against TOS to sleuth the families of the victims or the defendant. Moreover, victim bashing is not allowed and will be removed. If you are missing a post check your alerts and the reason for post removal is given.

From the article,

“The prosecution argued that the majority of the calls didn't include anything of any consequence until they reached the witness intimidation in February. The prosecution said that they believe Merritt attempted to influence the upcoming testimony of Cathy Jarvis, who was Merritt's girlfriend at the time of the murders. The defense took exception to the notion that Merritt attempted to tamper with a witness.”

CM, said nothing incriminating regarding the offense he’s charged with. If the prosecution feels that a separate crime, witness tampering, was committed then charge him accordingly with a separate offense. If this article is correct and the judge is going to allow this into the record. IMO, the judge is committing a reversible error that the appellate court will overturn if he is in fact convicted.

I should have said "interesting and confused", lol!
Maybe she is on the prosecution's list also? And maybe it's just a mistake by the reporter?

Or maybe it was bad reporting when it said she was going to testify for the defense.

But I guess she could be called by both sides, but it seems the jailhouse calls are only going to come in when she is called by the state.

But why wouldn't they just play them when the state does their cross?

I should have said "interesting and confused", lol!
Maybe she is on the prosecution's list also? And maybe it's just a mistake by the reporter?

Didn’t the judge say that if Jarvis is called by the prosecution the defense will get to play her interrogation with LE where they threatened to imprison her as an accomplice to murder? If this correct, thinking this could be a reason the prosecution decided against calling Jarvis.

From the article,

“The prosecution argued that the majority of the calls didn't include anything of any consequence until they reached the "witness intimidation in February. The prosecution said that they believe Merritt attempted to influence the upcoming testimony of Cathy Jarvis, who was Merritt's girlfriend at the time of the murders. The defense took exception to the notion that Merritt attempted to tamper with a witness.”

CM, said nothing incriminating regarding the offense he’s charged with. If the prosecution feels that a separate crime, witness tampering, was committed then charge him accordingly with a separate offense. If this article is correct and the judge is going to allow this into the record. IMO, the judge is committing a reversible error that the appellate court will overturn if he is in fact convicted.

I respectfully disagree. It's not a reversible error. This judge is a highly seasoned judge. He knows his rulings are sound. This isnt his first rodeo.

They have shown jailhouse video in other trials showing the defendant was trying to coerce a witness in the case.

It's up to the jury to determine if he did or did not try to coerce a witness he knew would be testifying in his case.

Adding an additional charge to a man who is the accused in a death penalty case already is ridiculous, and a waste of time.

This evidence is relevant to THIS case.

Imo

Didn’t the judge say that if Jarvis is called by the prosecution the defense will get to play her interrogation with LE where they threatened to imprison her as an accomplice to murder? If this correct, thinking this could be a reason the prosecution decided against calling Jarvis.

I'm not sure who is really going to call her, but I dont think the state would care if the jury sees her interview with police.

Most people already know the police tries to rachet up the heat if they believe someone knows things they arent telling.

SOP for LE. If anyone watches crime shows they know that already. I'm sure the jurors have seen these shows for themselves

Imo

I'm not sure who is really going to call her, but I dont think the state would care if the jury sees her interview with police.

Most people already know the police tries to rachet up the heat if they believe someone knows things they arent telling.

SOP for LE. If anyone watches crime shows they know that already. I'm sure the jurors have seen these shows for themselves

Imo

Why do you think the prosecution didn’t call Jarvis?

By the way, I don’t watch crime shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member