CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It makes sense to rely on the original statement when everything is much fresher in anyone's memory.

MM is no different. If he testifies again the state may have further evidence to bolster he was mistaken or not. It is what it is.

It's up to the jury to believe all, some, or none of the testimony of each witness.

Imo
I can't help but have a problem with this, though knowing this to be thought the truth. How many times have we been in a situation, a tense situation, a grave situation, when the dust settles and we have clarity? Our initial responses were truthful but clouded by our shock and adrenaline and state of mind at the time? Just something to think about.

All they have to do is show the water fountains... some of them are impressive! Joey could do it on paper, but Chase took those ideas and "created" them.
Maybe?! Did CM ever have a patent or trademark on his designs or did he merely copy designs he found elsewhere?

Only suggesting this as a possibility because we know CM has been untruthful in many others area. IMO

I can't help but have a problem with this, though knowing this to be thought the truth. How many times have we been in a situation, a tense situation, a grave situation, when the dust settles and we have clarity? Our initial responses were truthful but clouded by our shock and adrenaline and state of mind at the time? Just something to think about.

She was young, and not that attached imo.

I dont think she was that traumatized she couldn't tell what happened,when first asked.

I honestly think she is now trying to embellish her original story thinking it will help her dad, which is understandable, I guess. Imo, she hurt way more than helped.

She knew what she had originally said. Maline would have her go over it before even calling her.

Saying she talked with her dad about her testimony doesn't bode well. Imo. It came across as concocted imo.

If they really had argued all weekend it makes more sense it was because CM wasn't answering her mom's repeated calls.

She was all over the place today too.

There,was no reason one missed phone call from Joey would result in a weekend long argument. Imo, she just wasn't truthful.

Imo

Last edited:
The fact that CM hadn't heard from JM at all was probably quite upsetting to him, considering, he'd normally hear from him several times a day.
Which is why he never called, texted or emailed after he knew JM was dead despite that he told Carmen he had been trying to get ahold of Chase all weekend and the records prove otherwise. IMO

If CJ takes the stand. I think they may have put the daughter on to get around the jailhouse tapes.

I think they put her on because the jury will see a sweet, intelligent poised young woman and that gives some credit to Chase, in their mind. And she believes in his innocence so that is very important too.

However she accidentally 'telegraphed' some damaging info as well, in my opinion. JMO

This is what I'm saying citygirl... now does this mean that everything Mike said was true or he remembered everything at that moment? probably not. But I think this applies to other witnesses in equally stressful situations. I have kids, at 18-19, I fully imagine being interviewed by detectives in a case that your dad is being blamed for murder of a family you knew would be stressful. Also, sometimes at that age, unless you specifically ask the question, you may not get a specific or clear answer .. cuz they are teenagers and suck lol My son got pulled over once... he came home shaking and didn't even get a ticket! No way this was easy for her, and I'm disappointed in the comments I have read about her today. JMO

I was comparing money to money. As for schooling, it seems he only has a bachelor degree:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-liscio-a9265030/

Education
Rob deserves more than $14,000 compensation, then.

You must not be Canadian. Our Bachelor degrees ie, a B.Eng, to pass, at University of Waterloo (where I graduated from), required an 80%. Anything less was a fail in Honours.

I have a B.A., Psych/Soc, and am an educator. 4 years of university (at 80%+) and another 2 years at Teacher's College. Remember, in Canada, our Universities (especially the top 10 on the Maclean's rankings), are on par with any Ivy League school.

He is well educated.

Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 5h5 hours ago
Deputy District Attorney Melissa Rodriguez is back to cross examine Sara Jarvis, Chase Merritt's daughter. Rodriguez asked is she is helping the defense team. She says yes because she interested in the work they do. She is going to law school in the Fall.

--
Regarding this tweet, does this mean she is working on his case?

Which is why he never called, texted or emailed after he knew JM was dead despite that he told Carmen he had been trying to get ahold of Chase all weekend and the records prove otherwise. IMO
CM's the one that contacted LE and advised them about the situation JM's own family didn't even have enough concern to do so. I suppose CM should have also tracked down the killers?

It is a shame that Chase was really talented at something and greed got in the way.

I am a average person and have no special gift and will go though life as mediocre so it’s a shame his talent wasn’t put to better use.

He just wasn't the kind of individual that wanted to work hard, and apply himself.

It seems although creative he had no drive to exert himself. It sounds like CM was flat out lazy.

I guess that is why he felt it was much easier to scam others out of their money. Less effort I guess, and easier to do.

Imo, CM is a very narcissistic self centered, and very selfish person.

He would rather take the money he did make, and spend it entertaining himself.

Everything seemed to be all about him, and no one else. He felt entitled to throwaway money gambling than making sure his gf. and their three children had security, and stability in their lives.

Imo

Last edited:
Leticia Juarez‏ @ABC7Leticia 5h5 hours ago
Deputy District Attorney Melissa Rodriguez is back to cross examine Sara Jarvis, Chase Merritt's daughter. Rodriguez asked is she is helping the defense team. She says yes because she interested in the work they do. She is going to law school in the Fall.

--
Regarding this tweet, does this mean she is working on his case?

I'm hoping this is more clear in the actual testimony? I'm not sure what to think about that... although, because she is family, she could have sat in on court every day if she had wanted to, so not like she wouldn't have heard everything up to this point already.

This is what I'm saying citygirl... now does this mean that everything Mike said was true or he remembered everything at that moment? probably not. But I think this applies to other witnesses in equally stressful situations. I have kids, at 18-19, I fully imagine being interviewed by detectives in a case that your dad is being blamed for murder of a family you knew would be stressful. Also, sometimes at that age, unless you specifically ask the question, you may not get a specific or clear answer .. cuz they are teenagers and suck lol My son got pulled over once... he came home shaking and didn't even get a ticket! No way this was easy for her, and I'm disappointed in the comments I have read about her today. JMO

ITA - I think it took courage, and lots of love for her dad, to take the stand. Especially since she was young in 2010 and probably might not recall everything. Her answers seemed honest to me, as did her belief in CM. jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay