CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ladies, who here hasn't knicked there leg in the shower while shaving? Granted, it is not a whole lot of blood, but it will just rinse away. There is no need to scrub the dirt, grime, and soap scum to get rid of the blood.

Not really a good comparison IMO but no way do I believe that they were killed in that tub and not something left behind on the wall, the ceiling, the floor, etc. Even if LE didn't notice it... the family when cleaning? (thinking of the Berreth case now, because that's why LE even went back to the home)

Well it wasn’t DK cashing fraudulent cheques?

It wasn’t DK sat in the living room of the family that had just been brutally killed writing out a cheque to Chase Merritt was it?

It wasn’t DK’s truck caught on camera leaving the Mcstay Residents was it around the time of the murder?

DK phone didn’t ping in Victorville days after the family had vanished?

BBM Dan was too busy transferring money from PayPal :D

As someone raising a 10 year old boy, I reject the assumption that if you rinse something in a tub where there is dirt that the dirt would automatically be gone. My grandson leaves a ring in the tub, you are gonna need cleaner and some scrubbing to clean it off.

Exactly and these two boys were very active so it’s safe to say they probably spent half their life in that bathtub being scrubbed clean.

It doesn’t mean that every time they had a soak that Summer had the time to completely wash the tub out. So that means the dirt wouldn’t automatically come straight off if you just run a tap it would need some elbow grease.

IMO

On the 4th at 8pm?

I know he took money “owed” to the him or the business days afterwards.

nope, not on the 4th.

So it's okay as long as Dan said it was "owed" to him? I guess the same could be applied to Chase, right? I highly suspect that is not the case.

Anyone taking money from those accounts without Joey's consent should be considered theft IMO One doesn't get a pass over the other IMO

nope, not on the 4th.

So it's okay as long as Dan said it was "owed" to him? I guess the same could be applied to Chase, right? I highly suspect that is not the case.

Anyone taking money from those accounts without Joey's consent should be considered theft IMO One doesn't get a pass over the other IMO

CM wasn't owed anything though. If you recall, Joey had just sent an email to the two timed felon indicating he had been overpaid by tens of thousands of dollars. CM actually owed money to Joseph.

DK was not interested in cashing checks he was more interested in selling a business that he didn't own and was stolen from JM for an estimated 100K.
It wasn’t DK sat in the living room of the family that had just been brutally killed writing out a cheque to Chase Merritt was it?
No proof.
It wasn’t DK’s truck caught on camera leaving the Mcstay Residents was it around the time of the murder?
Again, no proof.
As I explained earlier we have no idea where DK's phone was since his phone records were never investigated for ping location.

Last edited:
nope, not on the 4th.

Where did I say it was ok?

All I am saying is all the evidence points in one direction and it’s not DK.

It’s ridiculous to suggest he did this when he was in Hawaii. I was one of the few that wasn’t convinced he was but he is too brash to sneak back into the country and pull of a master con of this magnitude and not get caught.

DK was interested if cashing checks he was more interest in selling a business that he didn't own and was stolen from JM for an estimated 100K.

No proof.

Again, no proof.

As I explained earlier we have no idea where DK's phone was since his phone records were never investigated for ping location.

Are we watching a different trial as I have seen the proof as to what the prosecution showed me.

So you Claiming no proof doesn’t make it so. I have seen a ton of proof.

Need to be careful about the legal definition of theft here

The intent matters more than consent, though obviously evidence of efforts to take money without consent can be used to prove intent to deprive the owner of his property

CM wasn't owed anything though. If you recall, Joey had just sent an email to the two timed felon indicating he had been overpaid by tens of thousands of dollars. CM actually owed money to Joseph.

There is also no proof Dan was "owed" anything. I have yet to see someone qualified to decipher those spreadsheets.... the best explanation I have had so far is actually from @bessie and that was 5 years ago, before CM was charged, before there was a trial. We are 4 months into this trial and they still haven't been explained in a coherent way to this jury.

Here are some old posts (from 2014)if you are interested:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/chase-merritt-2.231004/page-55#post-10249042
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/chase-merritt-2.231004/page-56#post-10250607

It wasn't CM who made threat to JM?

“Now, I, Summer & Kids know the 'Real You' and what you would potentially do to harm me and my family"

Did JM write the above to CM or DK? Has JM written similar words to CM

The intent matters more than consent, though obviously evidence of efforts to take money without consent can be used to prove intent to deprive the owner of his property

Pay close attention to my posts... I am usually very clear when I post IMO or JMO as I was in the post you responded to.

There is also no proof Dan was "owed" anything. I have yet to see someone qualified to decipher those spreadsheets.... the best explanation I have had so far is actually from @bessie and that was 5 years ago, before CM was charged, before there was a trial. We are 4 months into this trial and they still haven't been explained in a coherent way to this jury.

Here are some old posts (from 2014)if you are interested:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/chase-merritt-2.231004/page-55#post-10249042
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/chase-merritt-2.231004/page-56#post-10250607

It doesn’t need explaining as he isn’t on trial Chase is.

Would you consider misrepresenting the ownership of a business in order to sell it to an unsuspecting buyer fraudulent intent?

Looking at Cathy's tweets from this morning because I missed the beginning of cross..

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#McStay - Daugherty: Let's assume the family was murdered the night of the 4th or the early morning hours of the 5th. If a person between 7am and 10:15 was unaccounted for that would be 3 hours 15 mins that they could potentially clean up, correct?

Daugherty said morning hours of the 5th???? this is new from the pro's...

How would that work with the truck, the QB's cheque, the phone pings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82