CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am really thinking about Joey's Mom today. Yet another delay, yet another Mother's Day without her son, daughter in law and two adorable grand babies.
Another Mother's Day without justice. IMO

Gosh, I hope he didn't! It's sad enough that Imes was spending the night watching McGee instead of having a good time himself without snapping pictures as proof. I mean, really and then to bring it up in a court room fill of people instead of having a chat to the judge in private. That just says more about Imes than it does about McGee in my opinion. Seriously, Imes must be really desperate to stoop so low. MOO

BBM that's exactly how I feel.

Seriously, who cares what he was doing on Saturday? He showed up for the trial yesterday, he said after 30 minutes he realized that he was not ready to be there. I think that he thought he was good to go but at some point figured he just couldn't be as sharp as he should be... he has a responsibility to his client, if he is not all in, that is not fair to his client, by recognizing that, he very well could have just eliminated an appeal issue if he is convicted. Isn't that a good thing???? Especially if you are in the "Merritt is guilty" camp... don't you want to know that he was fully represented so this cannot be an appeal issue later?

Who cares what he was doing Saturday? I DO. lmao

He is threatening a mistrial in this case, because he is not feeling strong enough, healthy enough to attend to the trial. But he has enough energy to go out drinking and dancing at night? Shouldn't he be conserving his strength and trying to get better?

It makes me doubt his original physical complaint. He is not on chemo if he is out drinking at night. And he doesn't have a bad heart if he is out drinking and dancing. So what is preventing him from helping with closing arguments and interviewing witnesses? I'd like to know.

Who cares what he was doing Saturday? I DO. lmao

He is threatening a mistrial in this case, because he is not feeling strong enough, healthy enough to attend to the trial. But he has enough energy to go out drinking and dancing at night? Shouldn't he be conserving his strength and trying to get better?

It makes me doubt his original physical complaint. He is not on chemo if he is out drinking at night. And he doesn't have a bad heart if he is out drinking and dancing. So what is preventing him from helping with closing arguments and interviewing witnesses? I'd like to know.

It doesn't matter what WE know, it only matters what the Judge knows. JMO

Seriously, who cares what he was doing on Saturday? He showed up for the trial yesterday, he said after 30 minutes he realized that he was not ready to be there. I think that he thought he was good to go but at some point figured he just couldn't be as sharp as he should be... he has a responsibility to his client, if he is not all in, that is not fair to his client, by recognizing that, he very well could have just eliminated an appeal issue if he is convicted. Isn't that a good thing???? Especially if you are in the "Merritt is guilty" camp... don't you want to know that he was fully represented so this cannot be an appeal issue later?
BBM, It wasn't just that he showed up for trial yesterday. If he has been faking illness to hang up a DP murder trial, that is disgusting and just not on, IMO. He should be kicked off the case.

Gosh, I hope he didn't! It's sad enough that Imes was spending the night watching McGee instead of having a good time himself without snapping pictures as proof. I mean, really and then to bring it up in a court room fill of people instead of having a chat to the judge in private. That just says more about Imes than it does about McGee in my opinion. Seriously, Imes must be really desperate to stoop so low. MOO

I disagree. I think Imes was right to bring it up at trial, because Maline has been milking this 'poor me' issue for awhile now. 'Poor me, I can't do these witnesses all alone, I can't edit this footage all alone, I can't do the closing all by myself'....meanwhile his partner is well enough to go out at night, drinking and dancing, in front of the attorneys he is up against in this trial. That was very disrespectful of McGee.

He is putting this trial last risk, because he says he is too ill to come to work, but he has the time and energy to party up a storm. That is disrespectful and dishonest, in my opinion.

I am glad he was called out on it. And it would have been sully for Imes to just say it privately to the judge because we all know this judge is like a toothless chihuahua. He won't do nothing about it. But calling mcGee out on it publicly is what needed to happen, in my opinion.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what any of them do on the weekend so long as it doesn't delay the proceedings.

He was there yesterday, do we know if he told the Judge that he was fine on the weekend but just couldn't do it or if something has happened since? Do we know if the Judge was also at this social function and possibly dancing with McGee? :D Maybe he bought McGee a drink? :D

He was not really 'there' yesterday. He was weak, sat separately , and did not take part in the proceedings, as far as I could see. He certainly didn't look like he could jump up and dance.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow