CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical records were subpoenaed and received from Arrowhead Regional Medical Center and San Antonio Regional Hospital. I assume at least one if not both of these records belongs to CM. The attorneys have these records. No mention of any witnesses from either side to testify about them.
Yes it's puzzling to me that the defense hasn't called them to testify as to his heart attack nor asked Cathy to testify as to the episode. I don't know if he had a heart attack or not but it would seem to me to be something the defense would have put on, otherwise why request the records? The prosecution thought he was going to work that angle.

Yes it's puzzling to me that the defense hasn't called them to testify as to his heart attack nor asked Cathy to testify as to the episode. I don't know if he had a heart attack or not but it would seem to me to be something the defense would have put on, otherwise why request the records? The prosecution thought he was going to work that angle.

But you are assuming that's why they pulled the medical records. That might not be the case. Maybe they were asking for them to get dates of appointments/hospitalizations for other reasons. JMO

Isnt just amazing how a totally (cough cough) innocent man is so willing to give up all of his freedom, and would rather live inside a jail cell for many years? Lol!

I guess he enjoys the cot, and three hots he gets a day! Lmbo

Imoo
And it's free! No rent, no mortgage payments, no car payments, no insurance payments, no taxes. He can coast. No responsibilities. MOO. Just being taken care of.

I imagine they wanted them in case CM is convicted. They will want to enter them in the sentencing phase if allowed by the judge.

Imo

I see the judge wouldn't want to sentence someone with a medical condition to death because it may aggravate their injury.

It has nothing to do with the judge. It will be used as a sympathetic ploy in the sentencing phase hoping the jury will not recommend he's to be put to death.

I don't think it will work, and the jury will not have an ounce of sympathy for a convicted baby killer in the sentencing phase, if convicted. IMO.

It doesn’t state who requested the medical records.

They implied he might. They can't really say that with a certainty. We don't really know what he would or wouldn't say or do.
I would think the first thing DK would ever do if he were subpoenaed would be to get an attorney if he doesn't already have one and take that attorney's advice as to what he is able to do, and what he needs to do.

I would think the first thing DK would ever do if he were subpoenaed would be to get an attorney if he doesn't already have one and take that attorney's advice as to what he is able to do, and what he needs to do.

He may have already consulted one, who implied that his best option would be to disappear until it all blows over.

And it's free! No rent, no mortgage payments, no car payments, no insurance payments, no taxes. He can coast. No responsibilities. MOO. Just being taken care of.
Hey, if it's free and Chase doesn't have to work for it, he's on it like flies on rice. See how I segued into "grains"? But I'm still open to trees.;)

Of course, the ping evidence does not place him there at the actual site. The defense was pretty effective in relaying that and I think the jury will see that. If we stick to the pings, the defense has no qualms about them being accurate if we go back to the Rancho Cucamonga pings and whatnot, placing him at home, then we have to accept that the Victorville pings to be valid. They happened when they did, where they hit and Merritt was not sitting on a sofa in the clubhouse.

His sister offered up a slight possibility why his phone pinged the towers but there is no other footprint to suggest that Chase was up in that area for any reason. Chase says he wasn't up there and can't explain the pings. The very weekend his friend/employer went missing, he should have had total recall what he was doing then, imo. Absolute total recall.

Where did he hide them for two days? Was it two days? There is so much about the events we don't know about. Jurors can't/shouldn't assert assumptions beyond the scope of reason. What has been presented in testimony is opportunity? Merritt had more than enough time to cleanup. More than enough time to relocate and conceal the bodies. More than enough time to dispose of the bodies. We know there are two sets of tracks. It is unlikely these tracks were made at the same time, maybe not even the same day. It could have been on seperate days, for whatever reasons. One set in pre-rain, the other set in post-rain.

It's nearly impossible to drill down what happened, when it happened, why it happened, etc. We have multiple digital footprints of Merritt's activity prior to and post-disappearance that is alarming. These reasons among many more are the just a part of where I stand on Merritt's guilt.

No disrespect to you, or others who are yet to be convinced he's guilty, it's unfathomable to me that at this point in the trial we don't all see that this man murdered these people. That's JMO. The evidence is there. Overwhelmingly, imo. I have been looking at this case everyday for 8+ years and in the last 4 years of reviewing, I find something new about this man and his past or this case almost on a daily basis. I don't think it has to do with confirmation bias, but a desire to seek for the truth. Of course, I'm not alone in that. Many other people care about this case that much.

We're all adults here and I hope we can have a discussion as such, if anyone feel a need to respond.

Whether Chase is found guilty or not, I know in my heart this man committed these crimes. I will rest easy when he receives his sentence.

If a juror is to violate the rules and read this post here, you bet they'd be reading youtube comments as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes