CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems a terrible imposition for DK to have to hire a lawyer. I recall a woman employee (can't remember her name) who called the police for some reason at CM's place of business (on CM) and he hid in the bathroom. I know it's very vague, but it's been 9 years since I read this. Anyway, are any of the people CM conned, swindled, or defrauded (including this employee) called by the prosecution? Is his background of stealing brought up by the prosecutor? I haven't followed the trial except to look here occasionally, hoping it's in deliberations. Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions.

It seems a terrible imposition for DK to have to hire a lawyer. I recall a woman employee (can't remember her name) who called the police for some reason at CM's place of business (on CM) and he hid in the bathroom. I know it's very vague, but it's been 9 years since I read this. Anyway, are any of the people CM conned, swindled, or defrauded (including this employee) called by the prosecution? Is his background of stealing brought up by the prosecutor? I haven't followed the trial except to look here occasionally, hoping it's in deliberations. Thanks to anyone that can answer my questions.
Unfortunately, they can't bring up past "activities".

I think that most of his behavior has been ruled off limits. Deliberations may start the week of the 21st.

Elva Fonseca. She testified.

Bickering posts that have derailed the thread have been removed.

Just a reminder to make sure your own side of the street is clean before you report that the other side needs cleaning.

Any more bickering or insults in this thread and more thread reply bans will be forthcoming.

I'm looking forward to court Monday...and especially because I think after the Prosecution's comments about McGee out drinking & dancing last Saturday, that McGee will be there. Oh Lucy - you got some splainin' to do. LOL

I'm looking forward to court Monday...and especially because I think after the Prosecution's comments about McGee out drinking & dancing last Saturday, that McGee will be there. Oh Lucy - you got some splainin' to do. LOL

Right? I'm surprised we are actually going to have court on Monday. Like something must be wrong.

Last edited:
Aww...sorry geevee!!! :( It was the 1st thing I thought of when reading the most recent posts re Court on Monday---I was like, please..please let there be live streaming!!
I will not be shocked if they aren't there lol I do know that Cathy said she planned on going back for closings... so I imagine the cam will be back eventually, just don't know if it will be for one day next week, I didn't think of asking her that in chat the other day.

I will not be shocked if they aren't there lol I do know that Cathy said she planned on going back for closings... so I imagine the cam will be back eventually, just don't know if it will be for one day next week, I didn't think of asking her that in chat the other day.
I won't be terribly shocked either, but I'll be very disappointed, if that makes sense lol. Oh bugga, I was actually hoping you, or someone would have asked Cathy in the L & C Chatbox and shared here. I think perhaps with everything that went down last Wednesday (in the court room) there was alot of chatter and nobody thought to ask about the camera's being in the court room on Monday :( Nevermind, we will have to wait and see!

If CM committed the murders there would be scientific forensic evidence connecting him to the murder scene and I haven't seen any.
That's^^^ not true. Plenty of murderers have gotten away without any forensics from the crime scene being found. Especially when that crime scene is not tested for several years.

If I was local, I would probably try LOL But I'm not... so can't haha I just cannot see why the defense wouldn't want to get him on the stand, even the prosecution seems to believe he would plead the 5th, why wouldn't the defense? That would be way better than the juror's hearing that the PI couldn't find him.

I don't know why Dan just doesn't come forward... the defense has accused him of some pretty serious crimes in court and in the media (according to the pro's, I haven't looked for any articles stating that) and if he is innocent, shouldn't he be screaming it from the rooftops like some have thought Merritt should have been doing all these years? JMO

It doesn't matter what the defense attorneys accuse him of, when they are trying to deflect blame from their own client.
What matters is what the Detectives and the DA believes. If they are not accusing him, then he is not too concerned. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes