CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you there is an advocate for the families and some of them are in contact with her every day and some periodically. If you want verification of this she is in the courtroom every day with Tracy Russell (Summer's sister). PM speaks to her regularly and has been with Tracy and her on his trips to the trial.
Thanks for posting this and good to know the family has some support through this trial.
Many out here in the public also hold them in our hearts in love and prayer that some form of justice is exacted for this heinous crime against their loved ones.

citygirl said:
"But not when you say you are too sick to represent your client in court."

bringing this over from the last thread to say ...

if the work is the source of the illness (stress) then yes
also, there are many illnesses that manifest themselves inconsistently
he could've been fine for just a couple hours

But even if he 'felt fine' ---he was holding up a Capital Murder trial, sending it to the brink of mistrial, because he said he was too ill to come to court. So even if he felt 'fine' on Saturday night, shouldn't he have been helping Maline with the workload instead of partying?

And that social event was full of other attorneys, including the ones he was opposing in trial. Wouldn't he think it was unprofessional to call out sick for weeks in that trial, and then be seen drinking and dancing that weekend?

About 20 years or so ago, I heard a news report of a father in New York who did a deed like Andrea Yates. Took his 4 children one by one into the basement and bludgeoned them with a hammer. From what I recall it was not foreseeable for him to do it. No rhyme nor reason. I never followed up on the story and lost track. It was only local news and I only knew of it because I lived there at the time.

It goes to show that some of the worst monsters could be living under your own roof.

True, and some of the worst monsters among us can be those who often visited the home of their victims.

Those hidden monsters at the time who were pretending to be a good friend. Yet wound up being the worst monster/enemy the victims would ever face.....when they were brutally murdered by that very same person ...who had pretended to be a good friend.

Imo

I wasn't sure about a family member making contact with the judge. I'm sure somebody would complain. Lol
There are 'buffers' to anyone contacting a judge without it being vetted first. They have judicial assistants going through their mail. So if it was an issue, the judge wouldn't be given the letter. JMO

Big kudos to Post #1629 from the previous thread

Very informative, too. Thank you MsFacetious! :thumbs up:
The differences in the case MsFacetious posted about are huge. First of all the state didn't just hone in on one suspects, they investigated and cleared many. Also, there actually IS evidence against Merritt and none against anyone else. It's like comparing apples to bananas. If the jury finds Merritt guilty and send him to the electric chair then so be it. I don't think they'd be settling on Merritt simply because he's in front of them.

The differences in the case MsFacetious posted about are huge. First of all the state didn't just hone in on one suspects, they investigated and cleared many. Also, there actually IS evidence against Merritt and none against anyone else. It's like comparing apples to bananas. If the jury finds Merritt guilty and send him to the electric chair then so be it. I don't think they'd be settling on Merritt simply because he's in front of them.
Yes they could have had 20 suspects and investigated all of them. The prosecution isn't obligated to show the full investigation and who was looked at. The bulk of the evidence points squarely at Merritt.

I wish you had replied to MsFacetious's post when it's posted in the last thread. I hope she will chime in to respond to you. She sounds like a professional.

I wish you had replied to MsFacetious's post when it's posted in the last thread. I hope she will chime in to respond to you. She sounds like a professional.
I would've responded to the post but I was busy with life and didn't see it until after the thread was closed. Maybe he/she will pop back in.

Btw, a professional at what? It doesn't appear they've been verified as anything in particular?

True, and some of the worst monsters among us can be those who often visited the home of their victims.

Those hidden monsters at the time who were pretending to be a good friend. Yet wound up being the worst monster/enemy the victims would ever face.....when they were brutally murdered by that very same person ...who had pretended to be a good friend.

Imo

Or even worst, pretended to love and cherish that person as their spouse or SO, and even their childre. (Chris Watts, I'm looking at you)

I really don't know how y'all have the patience for this trial. It's EXCRUTIATING! But the McStays deserve justice. Every day it gets a little bit closer....a tiny tiny tiny little bit closer, but still closer.

In this context I have no clue what this means. Care to help me out?

In the following video commentary the word "banana" is heard at least twice. Listen carefully. :)

Also heard there:

"Flight equals consciousness of guilt!"
"Evidence of flight is evidence of guilt!"
"These prosecutors are stretching everything!"

In the following video commentary the word "banana" is heard at least twice. Listen carefully. :)

Also heard there:

I appreciate your help smr, and it goes without saying that the other members are also thankful for your never ending help.:):)

Also heard there:

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't care for the nonsensical talking heads.

Teen sentenced to 107 years to life in San Bernardino slaying – Whittier Daily News

"Deputy District Attorney Jim McGee said he believed the sentence was a just one, under the circumstances. Bagsby’s actions were those of an individual who was cold and had no regard for others, he said."

Thank you for the quote. It shows that McGee is someone who is truly for justice. No doubt he has similar or worse opinion for the murderer(s) of the McStay family. I hope when the real killer(s) are caught, McGee will lead the prosecution team.

Thank you for the quote. It shows that McGee is someone who is truly for justice. No doubt he has similar or worse opinion for the murderer(s) of the McStay family. I hope when the real killer(s) are caught, McGee will lead the prosecution team.

McGee is a defense attorney now, so its very unlikely he will lead any prosecution team, even if he survives his medical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow