CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really frightening to think about those who live among us. We never know what a person is capable of or what might float their boat.
More frightening is we don't know who has already committed murder but is still living among us.

It's really frightening to think about those who live among us. We never know what a person is capable of or what might float their boat.

It certainly does show so many monsters walk among the good, and they strike without warning.

Sometimes they are total strangers, and sometimes they are disguised as good friends or supposed to be loving family members.

They come from everywhere in all shapes, and sizes. Yet they dont look like monsters, but often look just like anyone else.

JMO

More frightening is we don't know who has already committed murder but is still living among us.

That's true Smr. There are still many unsolved murder cases with the murderer still walking free.

Its good that genology is being used now in unsolved cases, and the murderers are finally being brought to justice. Some were many decades old, and more will be solved in the future as well. Imo.

We just have to be thankful that most murderers are caught where it didn't take decades to bring them to justice.

Even the 8 family members who were murdered in Ohio has been solved now even though it took LE a couple of years or more to make the arrests.

Imo

This is a trial to determine whether a man committed murder. This is not a character evaluation of a man.
I respectfully disagree. It's all part of the puzzle being put together by the PT. Though the jury won't hear any of this. MOO.
Except for the mother of his children's interview with LE.
CM cares about no one but himself.

I respectfully disagree. It's all part of the puzzle being put together by the PT. Though the jury won't hear any of this. MOO.

You disagree with my first or second sentence? Shouldn't we evaluate the characters of all those surrounding Joey McStay, then?

You disagree with my first or second sentence? Shouldn't we evaluate the characters of all those surrounding Joey McStay, then?
I do agree. Joey seemed to surround himself with people of questionable character. But, IMO, they were investigated and are not on trial. That ship has sailed. We are well past arguing the what ifs, IMO.

Same thing with the convicted quadruple murderer, Daron Wint, who killed the Savopoulos Family in DC. He did a home invasion, brutally tortured and killed a family, including a young boy, and he had no previous convictions for violence.
I followed that in the beginning then dropped off the radar. Heart breaking case. Really bizarre.

I do agree. Joey seemed to surround himself with people of questionable character. But, IMO, they were investigated and are not on trial. That ship has sailed. We are well past arguing the what ifs, IMO.

Are we supposed to evaluate the characters, then decide whom to put on trial, or first decide whom to put on trial, then decide whose characters to evaluate?

Are we supposed to evaluate the characters, then decide whom to put on trial, or first decide whom to put on trial, then decide whose characters to evaluate?
Absolutely not. We are to follow the evidence wherever it leads. They did this for an entire year after the bodies were found. No rush to judgement. No rush to arrest anyone. IMO, they have their man. And the PT has proved it BARD, though I know you disagree. Let's agree to disagree.

What CJ says about Merritt is extremely telling. She has lived with him, shared a bed with him, had children with him and has known him for many, many years. CJ knows Merritt better than anyone else. If she says he cares about nobody but himself, I believe she's speaking the truth. If he's ever released from jail, it would behoove us all to trust and believe her.

The police evaluated the various characters while they investigated the case. They compiled the facts and data, and witness testimony, by using warrants to look into a few suspects, and finally narrowed it down to Chase Merritt.

We are talking about his low moral character in response to posts saying that 'he has no violent criminal history'---as if that means he cannot be a killer now.

As many pointed out, plenty of brutal killers had a long criminal history of burglary, or drugs, and no violent charges. Until they did.

Has CJ ever said CM was violent? Has she ever said he was a calculating cold blooded monster?

I can give you a long list of wives/girlfriends who didn't think their brutal husbands were capable of murder. They are often shocked and surprised when the arrests are made. The BTK killer, Ted Bundy's long time girlfriend, Golden Cali Killer, etc etc etc

Has CJ ever said CM was violent? Has she ever said he was a calculating cold blooded monster?
She never had to. What she said is very telling. She left him because she was afraid for herself and her children because of how he treated people. IMO,that's pretty powerful. And,she said this in an interview with LE.IMO, she worked very hard on the stand to save him. Remember how he coached her on the phone? Let Raj lead you. This is what you need to remember.

She never had to. What she said is very telling. She left him because she was afraid for herself and her children because of how he treated people. IMO,that's pretty powerful. And,she said this in an interview with LE.IMO, she worked very hard on the stand to save him. Remember how he coached her on the phone? Let Raj lead you. This is what you need to remember.
bbm

So she never had to say he's violent, but she had to say he only cared for himself? What she said is very telling about what? Certainly not about whether he's involved in the murder.

Do you have link to exactly what she said about the reason she left him?

bbm

So she never had to say he's violent, but she had to say he only cared for himself? What she said is very telling about what? Certainly not about whether he's involved in the murder.

Do you have link to exactly what she said about the reason she left him?
No. No link. Of course, she wouldn't say he is violent.He coached her well during their jail phone calls,IMO.

No. No link. Of course, she wouldn't say he is violent.He coached her well during their jail phone calls,IMO.

No link?

He coached her well, so she wouldn't say he's violent, yet she said she only cared for himself? okay.

Many victims of domestic violence don't speak out publicly because they're afraid of their abuser. Was CJ a victim of DV? Based on what others have said about Merritt I believe it's a very strong possibility. Once Merritt is convicted and locked up for life I think we'll hear much more about his explosive temper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member