CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About Sequieda's testimony... or following up after his testimony... why wouldn't the prosecution call Carmen or Sequieda's father after him? Wouldn't it make sense to keep that testimony flowing if they were going to call them?

Sequieda made it pretty clear in his testimony that Joey and only Joey paid the bills.

Just to laser in on this point

Sequieda actually said that sometimes CM brought cheques to him directly - but that he did not see any of the cheques inside the envelopes.

Also he said he did not handle finances.

So actually Sequieda had no direct knowledge of exactly how the bills were paid or whom the cheques were from.

IIRC what he did say was that they saw Joey as the money man and their real partner.

What Sequieda and Joey both agree on, is that on at least one occassion Chase was given payment for MSM but did not pass it on to them. MSM then chased Joey and he sent the famous email

I place importance on that email because there was no legal situation and thus no reason for Joey to lie or to admit liability

Why should Joey have to tell MSM his selling price?

MSM would tell Joey how much they would charge him to do what they were doing.

So I don't understand why Joey would have to tell them the selling price?

What difference would it make? Joey was paying and even double paying when he foolishly included MSM bill in what he gave Merritt who was supposed to pay MSM but didn't.

It sounds like Joey was far more ethical than CM.

What legal obligation did Joey have to disclose to MSM what he was selling them for if he paid what they quoted him?
I agree with this, why should Joseph pay more than other MSM clients for the same work done? I don't know of any manufacturer who does that based on what the retailers markup is. MSM bid for what the work they did. Maybe they could have did a little more homework on EIP.

Time for the judge to take control of his courtroom. Imo

Its long overdue. These kind of attorneys thinks the rules don't apply to them.

If the already consistently late attorney is suppose to be there the judge should find him in contempt of court.

But I get the feeling he knows this judge isn't going to darn thing.

They need a firm but fair judge who runs a tight ship.

Also one who will dress them down when they know they are asking questions that aren't suppose to be ask but they arrogantly do it anyway thumbing their nose at the judge.

I have seen many trial judges who were furious when defense attorneys kept asking questions they knew all too well they were not to be asked and the judges rebuked them right in front of everyone.

These judges demand that rules will be followed. If they keep it up after being warned then the judge will tell them the next time they do it they will hold them contempt and they mean what they say.

Its the only way the judge can stop these shenanigans.

Imo

Just to laser in on this point

Sequieda actually said that sometimes CM brought cheques to him directly - but that he did not see any of the cheques inside the envelopes.

Also he said he did not handle finances.

So actually Sequieda had no direct knowledge of exactly how the bills were paid or whom the cheques were from.

IIRC what he did say was that they saw Joey as the money man and their real partner.

What Sequieda and Joey both agree on, is that on at least one occassion Chase was given payment for MSM but did not pass it on to them. MSM then chased Joey and he sent the famous email

I place importance on that email because there was no legal situation and thus no reason for Joey to lie or to admit liability

I agree, he didn't see what was in the envelope, so if they can show me that a cheque was written by CM, I will most likely change my mind :) But Sequieda also said that they never would have done business with CM directly. So they can't have it both ways.

Did Sequieda testify about that email? is it in evidence? Did the jury hear that?

I suspect after hearing some of what the defense said (which was objected to), is that there was a dispute over this insured fountain that was damaged in transport. I look forward to hearing more about that. It's possible that somehow CM used that money to buy supplies and MSM felt that it was money owed to them, but again, I don't think I heard any direct testimony from Sequieda that CM owed them anything, Joey yes, not CM. JMO

Why do they cut the video feed during break? It barely works as is, lol.

and it stays black until I refresh! I've missed it coming back a few times now because of that.

I'm also really surprised that we don't have more reporters tweeting from the trial? with good informational tweets. Cathy Russon, who is tweeting, is with Law and Crime... so she doesn't tweet everything, assuming people are watching I think.

Regarding the Trooper key in Joseph's pocket, per the picture shown it appears there is some sort of 'keychain' and it may have somehow been broken off. Being that it is in his pocket may not be so mysterious. From Mcgyver's testimony, the Trooper was Summer's and the dodge truck was Joseph's. It's not uncommon for someone to have a copy to their spouse's vehicle. Summer probably had use of the Trooper (hence the children's car seats) AND there were items in the Trooper that she purchased at Ross. So it's quite possible Chase used Summer's key to drive the Trooper. So far as we know, her keys, phone and purse have not been found.

Regarding the Trooper key in Joseph's pocket, per the picture shown it appears there is some sort of 'keychain' and it may have somehow been broken off. Being that it is in his pocket may not be so mysterious. From Mcgyver's testimony, the Trooper was Summer's and the dodge truck was Joseph's. It's not uncommon for someone to have a copy to their spouse's vehicle. Summer probably had use of the Trooper (hence the children's car seats) AND there were items in the Trooper that she purchased at Ross. So it's quite possible Chase used Summer's key to drive the Trooper. So far as we know, her keys, phone and purse have not been found.
Oh I had it in my mind that Summer drove the Dodge and Joey the Trooper. Did I get that mixed up?

Yes I know why I thought that, it was in the Pros OS that I typed :D

"They drove two vehicles.

"The green Dodge you see here in the driveway of the residence, the evidence will show was always parked there, and typically Summer drove that vehicle.

"The family also owned this white Isuzu Trooper that Joseph primarily drove."

Did McGyver say it was the other way around?

Okay wait....

the items from Ross were found in the Trooper???? I don't know if we know that...

I have just had a thought with the 2 trucks and car seats...

if Summer mainly drove the truck (not the trooper)... is it possible that Summer had the truck with the car seats for the day... Joey comes home, they go to pick up toys she found on Craig's list.. they move the car seats over to the Trooper... CM goes to the house and is "waiting" for them when they get back?

Note to self: Avoid Stoddard Wells Rd exit from now on. Yikes. How many bodies have they recovered from there?
Bill Dwayne Wheeler went missing in May 2010 and later his vehicle was found burned out up there (close to Quartzsite mountain). He has still yet to been found. This is also about the time Merritt went off the grid.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879