CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Joey's truck was parked on the street, wouldn't we be able to see it in the video?

He's just said Joseph was 6'1, he wasn't was he? I thought he was about 5'9?
20131115_115752_mcstays.jpg

According to this yes he was 5'9"

ETA: I got this image by googling "Mcstay Family missing flyer"

Who cares about the robes?!
I think McGee said in cross that there was no evidence that there was ever more than one robe in the bathroom. One robe was photographed on the bathroom hook. I don't know why Daugherty wasn't able to ask him about this - he said she bought 4 robes on Feb 4th and robe or terry cloth was found at the grave, but the objection was sustained.

Det. Ryan Smith returns to the stand. The jury went on a site view yesterday, no testimony. Smith was on the stand at the end of day Tuesday. Watch Live;

Cross examination by defense attorney James McGee. Smith testifies an anonymous tip came in about internet searches done on the McStay computer. McGee: One of those was a tip that Dan Kavanaugh did an internet search on McStay's computer.

Anonymous tip said Dan Kavanaugh conducted that search, lured the family out of the house, killed them and buried the bodies, drove Trooper to the border. Smith confirms that tip did come in. They couldn't identify tipster.

McGee: Did you contact Dan Kavanaugh about that tip? Smith: No

Det. Smith says that material Joseph McStay was wrapped in could be the futon cover but can't say with certainty. McGee asks if there were any zippers found, futon cover had zippers, Smith said no.

Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter

The supposed admission was recent and after she couldn't convince him to turn himself in, she went to the FBI, then the defense. They weren't intimate at the time but she claimed he was like a brother to her and it was a long relationship. She has also claimed he has threatened her and she requested witness protection.

The memorial is still there.

I appreciate this information so much.

Thank you.

I think McGee said in cross that there was no evidence that there was ever more than one robe in the bathroom. One robe was photographed on the bathroom hook. I don't know why Daugherty wasn't able to ask him about this - he said she bought 4 robes on Feb 4th and robe or terry cloth was found at the grave, but the objection was sustained.

Lots of things are missing from the house that aren't in the graves.. (I.E cell phone, wallet, purse...) There's obviously another evidence dump site that has not been discovered yet. Maybe near the boarder near the Trooper dump site. Who knows.

I don't think that is accurate. Summer bought beach towels on the 4th. No one would buy 4 robes.

I’ve been thinking a lot about it.
Shower thoughts mostly.

I think the killing of Joseph was a separate event. Look at the care to wrap him and conceal him. Then I think Summer and kids walked in on it and Chase was stuck and had to get rid of them. By that point it didn’t matter if they were concealed.

The wrapping of Joey just boggles my mind.

Under redirect Smith says the last person Joseph McStay saw was "the killer". This brought an objection from defense and now sidebar.
Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter

My comment - I thought he said spoke to, not saw. Perhaps my ears are playing up. Of course the last person he saw would be the killer, so she's probably correct, but I thought question was about phone calls.

Jury now looking at two photos of the running lights of the truck - one from the Mitchley video one from the sheriff's dept. (still didn't hear which truck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow