CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
argggh no testimony on Monday or Tuesday, Tuesday they will be discussing motions. Jury back on Wednesday.

From chat:
cathyrusson: On Tuesday they are going to meet and take video depo of Ryan Baker, the customer service rep from Quickbooks

cathyrusson: We will live stream it

What reason would she have to be biased?

Didnt he have a key and wasnt he never be in the building alone much less be given a key to the business?.

I had to step away for awhile. Did she admit she was the one who gave him the key even though the owner told her he wasn't to be given a key?

Imo

The AT&T guy said that if a call is made to a phone that’s turned off and a voicemail is left, the voicemail is saved directly to the AT&T server with no record of where the receiving phone was located. A followup question was then ask regarding what would happen in the same exact scenario except the receiving phone is on, but not answered, his reply was non-responsive, leaving the question unanswered.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2h2 hours ago
#McStay - Jury sent out for afternoon recess. Attorneys now argue about testimony next week of Ryan Baker, Quickbooks Customer Service. Def got notice this morning that Baker would need to be called Tues - the next time court will be in session - def says not enough notice

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 40m40 minutes ago
#McStay - Prosecutor Sean Daugherty asks T-mobile witness about Dan Kavanaugh phone records. He said San Bernardino sent search warrant request 12/27/13. Daugherty asks about an 858 area code number on there, then says "Do you know the area code in Hawaii". (it's not 858)

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 34m34 minutes ago
#McStay - Daugherty then asks if there's an 808 area code and does he know where that is, witness says no. (808 is Hawaii but it wasn't shown/talked about if there was that area code on Kavanaugh's record) Witness dismissed.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 32m32 minutes ago
#McStay - Next witness is custodian of records from AT&T, David Lipnitzky. He has the records for Catherine Jarvice - Charles Merritt's girlfriend at the time.

DyRzlDmU8AA2IAw.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 28m28 minutes ago
We know from previous testimony that this At&T phone number registered to Jarvis was Merritt's phone. Lipnitzky testifies no cell activity from 9:32pm the night of Feb 4 to 7am Feb. 5.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 25m25 minutes ago
At&T Merritt phone records: NO call on this record of the Feb 4th 8:28pm call from Joseph's phone to Merritt's. When asked if he could explain that if another carrier showed a call placed to this number at that time the rep said he could not.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 20m20 minutes ago
Under cross McGee asks At&T rep if he is familiar with the cell tower data. He said that's not his area of expertise, but At&T does keep those types of records.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 14m14 minutes ago
#McStay - Jury is excused until WEDNESDAY, Feb 6. Pre-scheduled dark day on Monday. On Tuesday, the 5th, attorneys and judge will meeting late morning to discuss testimony from Ryan Baker, QuickBooks customer service rep and possibly take his video testimony that afternoon

No one said Joey was a saint. But he and his family didn’t deserve what happened.

Hmmm. If this is in reference to the bit about MSM and Joey "not being forthcoming about how much he was charging" for the end product, I really don't see that as shady or unethical, unless I'm missing something. I really haven't heard anything on these last 10 years or so that indicate that Joey was "shady" in business or his personal life. It's possible I'm not remembering something, certainly.

Anyway, I think this trial is simply a circus, and it will be a small miracle if there is any small bit of justice that comes of it. Right from the beginning, it wasn't about justice. The fact that a trial takes years to come to fruition is a farce, then to add on Chase Merritt dressed in his finest, represented by the finest, having years to prepare, while there is not even a photo allowed of the victim (except a few necessary ones, perhaps, but nothing remotely proportional to having a living, breathing, sympathetic defendant in the courtroom) assures that justice has never been the goal. It's all a circus: Who can perform the best: Get the people most sympathetic to "their side" on the jury; who can appeal the best to the jury, blah, blah, blah. Sad, but true.

Didnt he have a key and wasnt he never be in the building alone much less be given a key to the business?.

I had to step away for awhile. Did she admit she was the one who gave him the key even though the owner told her he wasn't to be given a key?

Imo

She didn't say she gave him a key. She said he had a key. She said that sometimes when she would get there at work at 8am, he was already there. She said that he would come and go all the time. She just said what she observed. It was very different than Sequieda's testimony IMO

argggh no testimony on Monday or Tuesday, Tuesday they will be discussing motions. Jury back on Wednesday.

From chat:
cathyrusson: On Tuesday they are going to meet and take video depo of Ryan Baker, the customer service rep from Quickbooks

cathyrusson: We will live stream it
sorry for quoting you but I am also active in the chat and love it

The AT&T guy said that if a call is made to a phone that’s turned off and a voicemail is left, the voicemail is saved directly to the AT&T server with no record of where the receiving phone was located. A followup question was then ask regarding what would happen in the same exact scenario except the receiving phone is on, but not answered, his reply was non-responsive, leaving the question unanswered.

hmmm I thought the last question was if a call went to VM but the caller didn't leave a VM would it record it and he said he didn't think so. (would explain why Joey's phone called Merritt's, Joey's said 1 minutes, it didn't register on Merritt's phone logs)

Geesh, I have to go back and listen to all of this testimony from today lol

sorry for quoting you but I am also active in the chat and love it
I find it informative sometimes, like when I come home and I'm lost at what is going on lol Today was a bit harder to follow, lots watching another trial and because it's a shared chat, sometimes have to week through the comments :)

I really wish we had a word for word transcript to read every day of the trial.

For those like me, who haven't had the opportunity to listen every day lately... so much is lost with only short tweets, and short summaries from those who are listening.

I remember when I did watch the state's opening, I realized how much I had really missed after reading it transcribed word for word here.

Imo

@oceanblueeyes I did look up how to get the transcripts, it's not that easy and then they would have to be paid for. I wish someone could convince the defense to post them online or something LOL Lots is lost in the transcripts too though. The ONLY good thing about them only going Mon-Thur for 4.5 hours a day is that it does make it easier to catch up! At least we have the videos :)

Hmmm. If this is in reference to the bit about MSM and Joey "not being forthcoming about how much he was charging" for the end product, I really don't see that as shady or unethical, unless I'm missing something. I really haven't heard anything on these last 10 years or so that indicate that Joey was "shady" in business or his personal life. It's possible I'm not remembering something, certainly.

Anyway, I think this trial is simply a circus, and it will be a small miracle if there is any small bit of justice that comes of it. Right from the beginning, it wasn't about justice. The fact that a trial takes years to come to fruition is a farce, then to add on Chase Merritt dressed in his finest, represented by the finest, having years to prepare, while there is not even a photo allowed of the victim (except a few necessary ones, perhaps, but nothing remotely proportional to having a living, breathing, sympathetic defendant in the courtroom) assures that justice has never been the goal. It's all a circus: Who can perform the best: Get the people most sympathetic to "their side" on the jury; who can appeal the best to the jury, blah, blah, blah. Sad, but true.

I feel your pain, Friday. I share the same pain you are feeling, and totally agree with your heartfelt post.

hmmm I thought the last question was if a call went to VM but the caller didn't leave a VM would it record it and he said he didn't think so. (would explain why Joey's phone called Merritt's, Joey's said 1 minutes, it didn't register on Merritt's phone logs)

Geesh, I have to go back and listen to all of this testimony from today lol
It's possible I didn't hear the question correctly or maybe I heard the question that I would like answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow