CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it equally possible that it was Joey attempting to hide his business from DK (aka "Dan the hacker"). The January date would correspond with JM"s argument with DK about ownership and control of EIP. DK was able to access (and remotely alter) the computerized EIP accounts. He designed and set up the system. I would not be surprised to learn that Joey was trying to cut off all EIP and personal financial access to DK

This seems to be what the defense is going to say. Joey started printing cheques earlier than January 2010 according to Carmen's testimony and exhibits, November and December as I recall. I am not even sure when he started working with MSM, I don't know if was ever made clear.

Going out on a longer limb here-the defense may be claiming that this activity precedes the murders because it is a step toward excluding Dan. Dan perceived this and killed the family to take over the business or get money. One or both, not sure which the defense will focus on specifically.

My belief is that coincidences occur. Life is full of them.

You seem to be playing the SODDI game/puzzle, or playing out the lack of direct evidence. The judge, however, has severely curtailed the line of defense that says DK did it, calling it unreliable. The lack of direct evidence is unfortunate as well but doesn't mitigate the possibility that cumulative circumstantial evidence will provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

When you suggest that JM may have intentionally added CM to his Custom QB, there is no proof to suggest same. The only facts we have are CM's access to an account not belonging to him, an attempt to cancel JM's quick book account, and all the related activity.

And, while life is full of coincidence, the fraudulent and time-sensitive coincidences, in this case, point to the suspect in hand.

Time will tell.

You seem to be playing the SODDI game/puzzle, or playing out the lack of direct evidence. The judge, however, has severely curtailed the line of defense that says DK did it, calling it unreliable. The lack of direct evidence is unfortunate as well but doesn't mitigate the possibility that cumulative circumstantial evidence will provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

When you suggest that JM may have intentionally added CM to his Custom QB, there is no proof to suggest same. The only facts we have are CM's access to an account not belonging to him, an attempt to cancel JM's quick book account, and all the related activity.

And, while life is full of coincidence, the fraudulent and time-sensitive coincidences, in this case, point to the suspect in hand.

Time will tell.

I said I thought that this is what the defense will suggest.

This seems to be what the defense is going to say. Joey started printing cheques earlier than January 2010 according to Carmen's testimony and exhibits, November and December as I recall. I am not even sure when he started working with MSM, I don't know if was ever made clear.

It wasn't for long. Under a year.

Well there it is. Plain and simple.

The only problem I have with that synopsis, the Defense "claims" that DNA was found on Summer's Bra that did not match to any of the family, or CM? TBH, I'm surprised any DNA could be found after torrential rain was recorded the weekend they were buried. I DO remember now, after watching videos, that flash floods destroyed roads/property in several parts of SB County. I remember watching this on the news back then.

It also came at a time that Joey was possibly signing a big contract, wasn't it? If that really was the case, making some changes would not seem that out of the ordinary in a small business.

Also, people just do things. I don't know about a contract, maybe. But there seems to have been a major up-tick in business.

If so, then why would he want Chase, of all people, to have more access to his financial info and his checkbook?

I'm not certain he did give Chase more access. It looks to me as if there were restrictions placed on the log-in email and password.

And speaking of pretzels: How is the state's assertion that Chase drove to the McStay's home, killed them, drove away, came back, wrote a check, called himself using Joey's phone, then I guess drove away again-and then kept the bodies in a truck for two days, then buried the bodies, then days later returned to the McStay's home and conducted searches for dinosaurs, how is THAT not a pretzel?

One question? WHY would CM call QB's to cancel JM's account? WHY?

If Chase is innocent, what I believe he was doing is calling QBs to cancel the Custom account, and the conversation got confused. I think he was changing the Custom account, not Contacts.

Time will tell.

Did you know that the judge is allowing an ex gf or ex friend of DK's to testify that he confessed to her? He has allowed some things... disallowed others in regards to DK.

If Chase is innocent, what I believe he was doing is calling QBs to cancel the Custom account, and the conversation got confused. I think he was changing the Custom account, not Contacts.

Let's use some common sense here for a moment. If YOU or I was a 30+ career criminal and spent years in prison on 2 separate occasions, ok? If OUR bosses family went missing, the last thing YOU or I would want is ANYTHING pointing toward us, ANYTHING! We now know CM's greedy mits were taking $$$$ from our bosses account. How in the world does that make any possible sense?

If I was CM, my hands would be up and I would gladly cooperate with the Police. There would be NO reason to lie to them about anything. We KNOW he lied about a lot of things from his 2010 interview.

So I went back to the opening statements to see what the defense said about QB's. Right before the QB's info, they mention the "email" where the Pro's said that Merritt owed money. They mention an attachment and in that attachment it actually shows that Chase would owe $899 to Joey. The video should start at the right time, but if not, it's at 1:09:55

Let's use some common sense here for a moment. If YOU or I was a 30+ career criminal and spent years in prison on 2 separate occasions, ok? If OUR bosses family went missing, the last thing YOU or I would want is ANYTHING pointing toward us, ANYTHING! We now know CM's greedy mits were taking $$$$ from our bosses account. How in the world does that make any possible sense?

If I was CM, my hands would be up and I would gladly cooperate with the Police. There would be NO reason to lie to them about anything. We KNOW he lied about a lot of things from his 2010 interview.

But you aren't CM. And CM did cooperate. We don't know that Chase did lie.

So I went back to the opening statements to see what the defense said about QB's. Right before the QB's info, they mention the "email" where the Pro's said that Merritt owed money. They mention an attachment and in that attachment it actually shows that Chase would owe $899 to Joey. The video should start at the right time, but if not, it's at 1:09:55

Thank you so much for looking that up. That's what I thought I remembered. I need to go back and listen to both again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky